Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Question: I need to rename both Intel Graphics and discrete graphics in a sequential way:

1) Rename GFX0 to IGPU
2) Rename PEG0 to GFX0

If I list them in that order in config.plist/ACPI/patched will clover take care things in order or must I extract and patch these 2 renames manually?

This is really a hotpatch question, but...
The order you mention is correct. The opposite order would cause problems, as I'm sure you're aware of.

Hi rehabman, i am kind of new on this forum. I started installing OSx on laptops and computers few months ago, and i was kind of successful. Kind of because on my Dell Optilex 790 with GTX1050ti, i managed to get everything working, but with my HP probook 4540s i3, i got everything working except for my fans that i cannot control, which makes the laptop very hot and something annoying to work with. I have been looking over the internet and could not find a solution, please help me i want to adjust the speed of the fan .
P.S :I am not that good with DSDT patching

Hi rehabman, i am kind of new on this forum. I started installing OSx on laptops and computers few months ago, and i was kind of successful. Kind of because on my Dell Optilex 790 with GTX1050ti, i managed to get everything working, but with my HP probook 4540s i3, i got everything working except for my fans that i cannot control, which makes the laptop very hot and something annoying to work with. I have been looking over the internet and could not find a solution, please help me i want to adjust the speed of the fan .
P.S :I am not that good with DSDT patching

Probook guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

i did it but when i wanna install the fan patch i get that
./install_acpi.sh install_4x40s_hires MOD

cp: ./build/SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml: No such file or directory

cp: ./build/SSDT-FAN-MOD.aml: No such file or directory

cp: ./build/SSDT-4x40s.aml: No such file or directory

DSDT.dsl DSDT_origin.dsl ssdt.aml

i did it but when i wanna install the fan patch i get that
./install_acpi.sh install_4x40s_hires MOD

cp: ./build/SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml: No such file or directory

cp: ./build/SSDT-FAN-MOD.aml: No such file or directory

cp: ./build/SSDT-4x40s.aml: No such file or directory

DSDT.dsl DSDT_origin.dsl ssdt.aml

You must run ./build.sh prior to running ./install_acpi.sh
Read the guide carefully and run all steps as mentioned, in the order mentioned.

Hello! RehabMan !! hackintosh Although it is not long yet, I recently succeeded in installing osx osx sierra 10.12.6 on the 13 Z 970 LG Gram 13 inch model but there are problems with sleep problems and battery status ↓ I examined it variously at different sites and put it in the clover folder such as DSDT and tried it, but it does not go well. ↓ I have acquired the original dsdt from clover, but how do I edit it? What? I am sorry if the words are wrong because I am using the translation function ↓ Sorry to trouble you, but thank you ↓

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3 MB · Views: 98
Hello! RehabMan !! hackintosh Although it is not long yet, I recently succeeded in installing osx osx sierra 10.12.6 on the 13 Z 970 LG Gram 13 inch model but there are problems with sleep problems and battery status ↓ I examined it variously at different sites and put it in the clover folder such as DSDT and tried it, but it does not go well. ↓ I have acquired the original dsdt from clover, but how do I edit it? What? I am sorry if the words are wrong because I am using the translation function ↓ Sorry to trouble you, but thank you ↓

Your battery status code is in SSDT-9-XnSsdt.aml, not DSDT.
Note:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:origin rehabman$ grep Method.*_BIF *.dsl
SSDT-9-XnSsdt.dsl:                Method (_BIF, 0, NotSerialized)  // _BIF: Battery Information

Hi Rehabman i did everything you asked me, but when i try to install SSDT Mod patch for my 4540s fan, my clover cannot boot it

However when i use normal SSDT i can smoothly boot
Can you please help me find a Way to control the speed of my 4540s, Because the laptop is overheating please

Back