Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

There are no patched ACPI files in ACPI/patched.
Your config.plist is not a good starting point.
For patching ACPI, read post #1 here.
And see guide for better starter plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Here is the good one with ACPI/patched files...

& about the config.plist I used, it's the one which allowed me to reach the OS X desktop screen ... when I used the Config.plis for HD5500 you gave in your repo's GitHub I stuck at logo apple's screen.

Attachments

• CLOVER 2.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 99
Here is the good one with ACPI/patched files...

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT-PNLF.aml
SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml (keep in mind that is only for short term use, usually during the installer only)
SSDT-0-SataTabl.aml
SSDT-1-Ther_Rvp.aml
SSDT-2-Cpu0Ist.aml
SSDT-3-CpuSsdt.aml
SSDT-4-DptfTabl.aml
SSDT-5-SaSsdt.aml
SSDT-6-SgPch.aml
SSDT-7-AmdTabl.aml
SSDT-8-IsctTabl.aml

Then config.plist settings:
config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=false
config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true
config.plist/ACPI/AutoMerge=true

SSDT-DiscretSpoof.aml should be removed after you disable the AMD card.
Read this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

& about the config.plist I used, it's the one which allowed me to reach the OS X desktop screen ... when I used the Config.plis for HD5500 you gave in your repo's GitHub I stuck at logo apple's screen.

No idea without "problem reporting" files.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hello, I am confused with the word add-on SSDT and patched SSDT.
I have only these 2 files inside the patched folder: SSDT-XOSI.aml and also SSDT.aml file generated from ssdtPRGen.sh
Can you tell me, what are they considered as?
I assume for my case I do not use MaciASL to modify the files, so I will follow the clover setting according to Full hotpatch:
DropOem=false
AutoMerge=false
Is this correct?

Last edited:
Hello, I am confused with the word add-on SSDT and patched SSDT.
I have only these 2 files inside the patched folder: SSDT-XOSI.aml and also SSDT.aml file generated from ssdtPRGen.sh
Can you tell me, what are they considered as?

Patched SSDTs are SSDTs that came from ACPI/origin and have been changed or recompiled.
Add-on SSDTs are those SSDTs that were created from scratch... content did not exist in ACPI/origin.
SSDT-XOSI.aml and SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh) are both examples of add-on SSDTs.

I assume for my case I do not use MaciASL to modify the files, so I will follow the clover setting according to Full hotpatch:
DropOem=false
AutoMerge=false
Is this correct?

Recommended configuration with current Clover is always:
DropOem=false
AutoMerge=true

Hi. I am having some issues with this. Everytime I try to compile the created dsl file i get around four errors. I have installed the newest MaciASL, and I have installed the newest iasl from Github via commands (just like the guide said i could). But every time i create an DSDT.dsl file (with iasl in terminal) and I open it in MaciASL and try to even just compile it without adding any patches, it displays four errors. I Have attached the files I worked with. The DSDT.dsl it the file I tried to compile. It is created from the DSDT.aml, which I created with clover using f4. It is also worth mentioning that I am running OSX El Capitan.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 15.53.10.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 15.53.10.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 91
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
  • DSDT.aml
    148.6 KB · Views: 144
  • MaciASL.app.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 80
Hi. I am having some issues with this. Everytime I try to compile the created dsl file i get around four errors. I have installed the newest MaciASL, and I have installed the newest iasl from Github via commands (just like the guide said i could). But every time i create an DSDT.dsl file (with iasl in terminal) and I open it in MaciASL and try to even just compile it without adding any patches, it displays four errors. I Have attached the files I worked with. The DSDT.dsl it the file I tried to compile. It is created from the DSDT.aml, which I created with clover using f4. It is also worth mentioning that I am running OSX El Capitan.

Use refs.txt during disassembly as per guide, post #1.

Use refs.txt during disassembly as per guide, post #1.
Thanks, that fixed almost all errors, but there is still one. When I click on it, it does not refer to any specific line, just an area.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 16.38.15.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 16.38.15.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 121
Thanks, that fixed almost all errors, but there is still one. When I click on it, it does not refer to any specific line, just an area.

It is from this code in SBRN:
Code:
        Method (SBRN, 0, Serialized)
        {
            If (^^^GFX0.PRST)
            {
                Store (^^^GFX0.GCBL, ^^^GFX0.CBLV)
                Local0
                Subtract (0x0A, Local0, Local1)
                If (LNotEqual (Local1, LBTN))
                {
                    Store (Local1, LBTN)
                }
            }
        }

No "Problem Reporting" files attached (need at least ACPI/origin DSDT.aml + SSDT*.aml)
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Patched SSDTs are SSDTs that came from ACPI/origin and have been changed or recompiled.
Add-on SSDTs are those SSDTs that were created from scratch... content did not exist in ACPI/origin.
SSDT-XOSI.aml and SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh) are both examples of add-on SSDTs.
Very clear. Noted.
Recommended configuration with current Clover is always:
DropOem=false
AutoMerge=true
In first post, neither Full/Partial hotpatch has that AutoMerge flag set to true.
I assume, this flag will do nothing when there is no patched SSDT files and will merge when there is, so it is fine to set AutoMerge flag to true, correct?

Last edited:
In first post, neither Full/Partial hotpatch has that AutoMerge flag set to true.

That's because its value does not matter (and as you'll note I left it unspecified). Both true or false will work in three of the scenarios.
It is when you start adding patched SSDTs into ACPI/patched without DropOem=true that it matters.

I assume, this flag will do nothing when there is no patched SSDT files and will merge when there is, so it is fine to set AutoMerge flag to true, correct?

Yes.
Presence of patched SSDTs is detected mostly on file name (secondary check for OEM table id).

Back