Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

You shouldn't expect it to. With patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched, DropOem=true is a requirement.
Hey, I disassembled my DSDT/SSDT with refs.txt, does it change something important that can make problems on some DSDTs?
I mean, I did iasl with refs.txt even without knowing if I needed it...

Any suggestion for debugging?
I've seen ACPIDebug on Bitbucket, does it work for debugging my ACPI?
I didn't read it all, but I think I need to add a patch on my DSDT to use it.

Any suggestion for debugging?

Process of elimination. I think your problem is not an ACPI problem, but rather one or more kexts that are loaded.

I will try only with USBInjectAll, FakeSMC without plugins and VoodooPS2 (or even without it, I can use a USB Keyboard+touchpad)
But it's a fresh install, I don't know what I did wrong... :S

Also, DTrace shows a lot of ACPI calls, I'm not sure if it's directly related to ACPI or if it's the other kexts that makes ACPIPlatform act weird...

I have a working sleep wake
But the problem is:
1. It doesn't sleep when I close the lid
2. It doesn't wake when I push keyboard button. I have to press my power button

Can you help me with this?
Thanks

I will try only with USBInjectAll, FakeSMC without plugins and VoodooPS2 (or even without it, I can use a USB Keyboard+touchpad)
But it's a fresh install, I don't know what I did wrong... :S

Also, DTrace shows a lot of ACPI calls, I'm not sure if it's directly related to ACPI or if it's the other kexts that makes ACPIPlatform act weird...
Process of elimination. I think your problem is not an ACPI problem, but rather one or more kexts that are loaded.

Well, deleted everything. Only left FakeSMC and USBInjectAll.
No EnergyDriver for Intel Power Gadget.
No Ethernet driver.
No sound.
Not even PS2 driver.
Nothing. Just FakeSMC and USBInjectAll.

Kernel_task keeps the same.

I attach you the ioreg and kextcache update output, and clover as well.

I think I'm going crazy.

Also, check this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...osemite-on-hp-elite-7000.159049/#post-1008075
He said he deleted some useless devices on the DSDT and now it runs fine.

Attachments

• clover.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
  • kextupdate.txt.zip
    538 bytes · Views: 83
  • ioreg.zip
    351.8 KB · Views: 79
Hey RehabMan, any idea what "Device (IMEI)" does in the ACPI? I see certain Mac modes (MacBookPro11,1) don't have it... I know it's needed when having mixed CPU configuration, but if we don't have mixed configuration, we don't need it right?

Okay so now I added two patches (battery fix and brightness fix) - I placed all SSDT files and DSDT file in my Clover USB Patched folder.

Booted up, Battery fix is there but no brightness slider or any option to increase my brightness. I went and checked my clover USB and all the SSDT files were gone.

What exactly happened...? I don't have the EFI folder mounted on my HDD because of some error clover config is giving me.

I have a working sleep wake
But the problem is:
1. It doesn't sleep when I close the lid
2. It doesn't wake when I push keyboard button. I have to press my power button

Can you help me with this?
Thanks

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Back