Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

I cannot get the extract thing to work...I tried the clover method both F4 and Alt+F4 and I end up with empty folders.

Tried running the command and this is what it says

Code:
usr/bin/makefile: line 4: .PHONY:: command not found
/usr/bin/makefile: line 5: all:: command not found
xcode-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode, but active developer directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools instance
xcode-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode, but active developer directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools instance
/usr/bin/makefile: line 11: .PHONY:: command not found
/usr/bin/makefile: line 12: clean:: command not found
/usr/bin/makefile: line 18: .PHONY:: command not found
/usr/bin/makefile: line 19: install:: command not found
cp: Build/Products/Release/MaciASL.app: No such file or directory
cp: Build/Products/Release/patchmatic: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/makefile: line 23: .PHONY:: command not found
/usr/bin/makefile: line 24: distribute:: command not found
cp: Build/Products/Release/MaciASL.app: No such file or directory
cp: Build/Products/Release/patchmatic: No such file or directory
ditto: no files for PKZip archive
/usr/bin/makefile: line 36: DIST1: command not found
mv: rename ./Archive.zip to ./Distribute/-2016-1012.zip: No such file or directory
ditto: can't get real path for source './Distribute/patchmatic'
/usr/bin/makefile: line 38: DIST2: command not found
mv: rename ./Archive.zip to ./Distribute/-2016-1012.zip: No such file or directory
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Why are you trying to build patchmatic/MaciASL (without Xcode installed)?

Extraction of native ACPI is done with Clover F4. And patchmatic and MaciASL have pre-built binaries you simply download.

Keep in mind F4 extracts to the partition/device from which Clover was booted from.

Why are you trying to build patchmatic/MaciASL (without Xcode installed)?

Extraction of native ACPI is done with Clover F4. And patchmatic and MaciASL have pre-built binaries you simply download.

Keep in mind F4 extracts to the partition/device from which Clover was booted from.

That's the thing that's bugging me, I do have it installed. I even updated it...

Also - I'm aware the files end up in my clover USB but the folders are just empty. I am also booting with flags. How can I see the files on my Boot USB? When I click it in MacOS all it shows it the SierraOS installer and not the EFI partition

That's the thing that's bugging me, I do have it installed. I even updated it...

First, there is no need to build maciASL/patchmatic.
Second, if you want to build it, you must insure Xcode command line tools are configured correctly.

I'm not going to get into correctly configuring Xcode here. If you lack developer skills, you should use the pre-built as linked from the README.

First, there is no need to build maciASL/patchmatic.
Second, if you want to build it, you must insure Xcode command line tools are configured correctly.

I'm not going to get into correctly configuring Xcode here. If you lack developer skills, you should use the pre-built as linked from the README.

Also - I'm aware the files end up in my clover USB but the folders are just empty. I am also booting with flags. How can I see the files on my Boot USB? When I click it in MacOS all it shows it the SierraOS installer and not the EFI partition

So how do I go about getting these files then?

So how do I go about getting these files then?

The files will only extract to the EFI partition on your USB if you're booting from the USB.

The files will only extract to the EFI partition on your USB if you're booting from the USB.
I'm aware of that, but I can't access those files once I'm on my Mac - the USB shows up only with the installer inside it.

I'm aware of that, but I can't access those files once I'm on my Mac - the USB shows up only with the installer inside it.

EFI is not automatically mounted. Read the FAQ.

Based on the info you provide, this looks fine. You should verify in ioreg, of course.

I have no issues with my version of FakeSMC.

Should I apply the patch for my HD4400 actually? I'm using the clover FakeID and FakePCIID for Intel HD Graphics.

I'm not sure what the patch will change.

Should I apply the patch for my HD4400 actually? I'm using the clover FakeID and FakePCIID for Intel HD Graphics.

I'm not sure what the patch will change.

No idea what patch you're referring to.

No idea what patch you're referring to.
On your Laptop patches repo there is a HD4400 patch.

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches
#graphics_Haswell_0a260006.txt

#
# Use this patch if your laptop has Haswell graphics
#

into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
Return (Package()\n
{\n
"AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x06, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0a },\n
"hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
})\n
}\n
end;

I have working graphics perfectly, but sometimes I get a weird texture glitch on the transparency, I'm not sure if this patch fixes something, if I should apply it (so I can remove FakePCIID) or if I don't need it.

Back