Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Hello everyone,i've looked into the internet but the problems still remain to be settled,here are the errors of my DSDT shown after compiled with acpi specification5.1,

屏幕快照 2018-01-22 下午9.01.14.png

the 'unexpected PARSEOP_ZERO' seems can be solved by simply delete the ZERO characters,but the other errors can't be fixed after so many tries, can anyone offer the help generously,THX a lot.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 159
Hello everyone,i've looked into the internet but the problems still remain to be settled,here are the errors of my DSDT shown after compiled with acpi specification5.1,

View attachment 307724
the 'unexpected PARSEOP_ZERO' seems can be solved by simply delete the ZERO characters,but the other errors can't be fixed after so many tries, can anyone offer the help generously,THX a lot.

There are no errors in the DSDT.dsl you attached.

Thanks for your help,but why the errors occurred on my computer,i used maciasl ver.1.4 and acpi5.1 ,should i use acpi6?i just want to apply the "Rename IGPU" patch to make the backlight control work according to your helpful thread posted before.

Thanks for your help,but why the errors occurred on my computer,i used maciasl ver.1.4 and acpi5.1 ,should i use acpi6?i just want to apply the "Rename IGPU" patch to make the backlight control work according to your helpful thread posted before.

You're using the wrong MaciASL.
Refer to post #1 for the correct tools.

You're using the wrong MaciASL.
Refer to post #1 for the correct tools.
THX,there's no error now, but it shows a forbidden logo during the boot peroid after i placed DSDT.aml at /ACIP/pactched folder, so i removed it and try to use clover hotpatch to rename GFX0,and it works. But it seems complex to make the battery manager work just using hotpatch without DSDT, the battery volume stays 0% all the time.

THX,there's no error now, but it shows a forbidden logo during the boot peroid after i placed DSDT.aml at /ACIP/pactched folder, so i removed it and try to use clover hotpatch to rename GFX0,and it works. But it seems complex to make the battery manager work just using hotpatch without DSDT, the battery volume stays 0% all the time.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi,
I can't understand what I am doing wrong because I have done the same procedure before and it was working. I have put SSDT and DSDT in my workspace folder and diassembled. After that I have opened the DSDT.dsl and tried to save it as aml but it tells me there is one or more error to fix even if the compiler is showing warning only.
Can you help? Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_31009.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 81
  • workspace.zip
    166 KB · Views: 77
Hi,
I can't understand what I am doing wrong because I have done the same procedure before and it was working. I have put SSDT and DSDT in my workspace folder and diassembled. After that I have opened the DSDT.dsl and tried to save it as aml but it tells me there is one or more error to fix even if the compiler is showing warning only.
Can you help? Thanks.

I was able to save your custom/DSDT.dsl as AML (format: ACPI Machine Language Binary).
Not surprising as it has no errors.

I was able to save your custom/DSDT.dsl as AML (format: ACPI Machine Language Binary).
Not surprising as it has no errors.
That's what I thought too, maybe there's a bug in Maciasl (I am using your latest version)?
I was thinking about deleting Maciasl apps preferences but I don't understand where they are stored.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 23.48.06.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 23.48.06.png
    573.8 KB · Views: 160
That's what I thought too, maybe there's a bug in Maciasl (I am using your latest version)?
I was thinking about deleting Maciasl apps preferences but I don't understand where they are stored.

Maybe you're trying to save to a location that you don't have write access, or has insufficient space...

Back