Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control

Hi RehabMan,
I had enabled the key logging with the command "ioio -s ApplePS2Keyboard LogScanCodes 1" and checked the key press values in console.app. When i am pressing the keys "FN+Left Arrow" & "FN+Right Arrow" it generating the codes "e02e=49" & "e030=48" (screenshot attached). Actually these keys are for "Volume Down" & "Volume UP". When i am pressing the brightness control keys (i.e., "FN+UP ARROW" & "FN+DOWN ARROW") no PS2 codes are generating. Is they are generating ACPI events instead of PS2 codes? Can i go ahead with Determining EC query methods??

Thanks In Advance,
Jithin Chandran

You should be able to follow the guide in post #1. Your question is answered there.

Hi RehabMan, I use clover to add PNLF. However I can't apply the patch to DSDT because I can't find Device 0x0002000.. What can I do?

Hi RehabMan, I use clover to add PNLF.

Wrong. Remove that option.

However I can't apply the patch to DSDT because I can't find Device 0x0002000.. What can I do?

It can be in an SSDT (and with Haswell, it *is* most of the time). Read the guide carefully.

Hi Rehabman,

I tried to follow your guide, but I have a little problem when I try to patch the DSDT.
I fixed the errors of the DSDT by out commenting the lines (With this DSDT the laptop is bootable).
It seems that there is no "Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)". When I try to apply the Haswell Backlight Patch or the Haswell HD4400 Patch, MaciASL shows that there will be no changes.
The laptop is a Lenovo M30-70 (it seems that I'm the first one to install this one with OS X).
Processor is i3 4030U with HD4400.
Except sleep, sound and backlight everything works like a charm.
View attachment config.plist
View attachment Lenovo M30-70.ioreg
View attachment working DSDT.aml

-theandy

Off topic. Need advise.
I have alc892 chip for audio.
Using patched applehda I get output from earphones only. (shown as internal speakers).
Using voodoo I get sound from laptop speakers only.
Is there some way I can get both of them working?
Am I missing something?

Please open a separate thread.

Hi Rehabman,

I tried to follow your guide, but I have a little problem when I try to patch the DSDT.
I fixed the errors of the DSDT by out commenting the lines (With this DSDT the laptop is bootable).
It seems that there is no "Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)". When I try to apply the Haswell Backlight Patch or the Haswell HD4400 Patch, MaciASL shows that there will be no changes.
The laptop is a Lenovo M30-70 (it seems that I'm the first one to install this one with OS X).
Processor is i3 4030U with HD4400.
Except sleep, sound and backlight everything works like a charm.
View attachment 121608
View attachment 121609
View attachment 121610

-theandy

Please read carefully. On most Haswell laptops the IGPU device (_ADR 0x0002000) is defined in an OEM SSDT, not DSDT.

Hi RehabMan,

With MaciASL "File>New from ACPI>" I opened every File available and used search to find "Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)", "Device (GFX0)", and I did a search just for "0x00020000" and "GFX0".

"Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)" and "Device (GFX0)" were not found in any of those Files.
Only in System DSDT I found "0x00020000" but none looked like it had something to do with GFX0.
GFX0 is only found in System DSDT, but not as a Device.

It would be nice if you could help me get this working :)
I can upload the other files if this would help.
I'm planning to write a Guide for installing the Lenovo M30-70.
Trackpad and Battery are already working thanks to your work :clap:

-theandy

Hi RehabMan,

With MaciASL "File>New from ACPI>" I opened every File available and used search to find "Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)", "Device (GFX0)", and I did a search just for "0x00020000" and "GFX0".

"Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)" and "Device (GFX0)" were not found in any of those Files.
Only in System DSDT I found "0x00020000" but none looked like it had something to do with GFX0.
GFX0 is only found in System DSDT, but not as a Device.

It would be nice if you could help me get this working :)
I can upload the other files if this would help.
I'm planning to write a Guide for installing the Lenovo M30-70.
Trackpad and Battery are already working thanks to your work :clap:

-theandy

Post your native files extracted from Linux.

Back