Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control

It is working! You are the saviour! Can I play around with the same method to enable other keys as Play/Pause, Previous/Next and such?

Play/Pause, Previous/Next are standard and usually handled via PS2...

Play/Pause, Previous/Next are standard and usually handled via PS2...
Sorry for being off topic.. the F4-F10 keys are useless (no mic, ?, Airplane mode, Camera off, Lock, some Monitor switch. I was thinking I might give them some new purpose through the same kind of patching.

Sorry for being off topic.. the F4-F10 keys are useless (no mic, ?, Airplane mode, Camera off, Lock, some Monitor switch. I was thinking I might give them some new purpose through the same kind of patching.

If they generate EC method calls, you can assign them to a key (eg. a function key).

Hello @RehabMan,
As you know, IntelBacklight.kext is broken in 10.12.4 so I figured I should switch to AppleBacklight.kext instead.
But when I try to generate AppleBacklightInjector.kext to get full range brightness using your script, and when I install the injector kext and reboot, I loose the backlight control completely.
Any ideas?

Hello @RehabMan,
As you know, IntelBacklight.kext is broken in 10.12.4 so I figured I should switch to AppleBacklight.kext instead.
But when I try to generate AppleBacklightInjector.kext to get full range brightness using your script, and when I install the injector kext and reboot, I loose the backlight control completely.
Any ideas?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Note: IntelBacklight.kext is not broken. Works fine with Brightness by bergdesign. Something else has changed in the system elsewhere...

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 79
Attached problem reporting files.

ACPI not patched correctly for AppleBacklight.kext. Special code required to initialize backlight registers... see hotpatch SSDT-PNLF.dsl.

And _UID in PNLF patch must match the ApplePanels content in your AppleBacklight injector kext.

I know, but that makes it unusable now... :(

Not unusable. Not broken. But certainly less convenient.

F4+F5 no wroking in brightness keys

F4+F5 no wroking in brightness keys

They are probably handled via ACPI. It is covered in post #1.
You didn't attach any "Problem Reporting" files.

They are probably handled via ACPI. It is covered in post #1.
You didn't attach any "Problem Reporting" files.
Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 9.30.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 9.32.56 PM.png

Attachments

• AHMED’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    4.3 MB · Views: 118
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 84
Back