Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control

Do I have to extract using patchmatic, even though I am already doing it with Clover F4? Or is this to get my current patched DSDT?

Do I have to extract using patchmatic, even though I am already doing it with Clover F4? Or is this to get my current patched DSDT?

The patchmatic extract in "Problem Reporting" is for my diagnostic purposes.

If you're reporting a problem, you must provide all files and output exactly as requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Would you like me to create a seperate thread and post the link here, or just upload the files here? Also, the patchmatic extract may be affected, because I have DropOem set to true.

Would you like me to create a seperate thread and post the link here, or just upload the files here? Also, the patchmatic extract may be affected, because I have DropOem set to true.

Here. Do not worry about my abilities to interpret the data you provide... just provide the data as requested.

Here it is.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2 MB · Views: 99
The problem is still here, but is a little better, if I hold down one of the brightness keys, it will keep going. But if I press them fast, the problem appears.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2 MB · Views: 97
The problem is still here, but is a little better, if I hold down one of the brightness keys, it will keep going. But if I press them fast, the problem appears.

No idea. May be BIOS problem (I wonder if same on Windows). You may have to debug further to find the cause ...

I didn't do any debugging, but I set a Custom PS2 Map entry, which is e02b=0. It seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the guide.

I didn't do any debugging, but I set a Custom PS2 Map entry, which is e02b=0. It seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the guide.

By default e02b is already mapped to nothing (0x80) (PS2->ADB), which would generate a "bonk" audio sound when pressed.

If your brightness keys generate both a PS2 e02b and ACPI EC queries, it is a good idea to make the PS2 code do nothing, because you don't want to hear the 'bonk'. Note that PS2 code 0 is also mapped to ADB 0x80, but there might be a special case in the code... further debugging might explain the difference.

Back