Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control

i was update attached files :)

Your EFI/Clover still does not have EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. Re-create the directory (you should have never deleted it). Then use F4 to dump files into it.

If you look carefully at your DSDT, you will find that eventually your brightness keys will lead to method BRT6 (0x86 and 0x87 are the Notify codes for brightness in Windows). BRT6 is called from EV13. EV13 is called from SMEE. SMEE is called from SMIE. SMIE is called from NEVT. And NEVT is called from _Q66.

Your EFI/Clover still does not have EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. Re-create the directory (you should have never deleted it). Then use F4 to dump files into it.

If you look carefully at your DSDT, you will find that eventually your brightness keys will lead to method BRT6 (0x86 and 0x87 are the Notify codes for brightness in Windows). BRT6 is called from EV13. EV13 is called from SMEE. SMEE is called from SMIE. SMIE is called from NEVT. And NEVT is called from _Q66.
yes, but i use code

into method label _Q13 replace_content
begin
Store(HKNO, Local0)\n
If (LEqual(Local0,7))\n
{\n
// Brightness Down\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)\n
}\n
If (LEqual(Local0,8))\n
{\n
// Brightness Up\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)\n
}\n
If (LEqual(Local0,4))\n
{\n
// Mirror toggle\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x046e)\n
}\n
end;
replace to _Q66 but not working

yes, but i use code

begin
Store(HKNO, Local0)\n
If (LEqual(Local0,7))\n
{\n
// Brightness Down\n
}\n
If (LEqual(Local0,8))\n
{\n
// Brightness Up\n
}\n
If (LEqual(Local0,4))\n
{\n
// Mirror toggle\n
}\n
end;

yes, but i use code

begin
Store(HKNO, Local0)\n
If (LEqual(Local0,7))\n
{\n
// Brightness Down\n
}\n
If (LEqual(Local0,8))\n
{\n
// Brightness Up\n
}\n
If (LEqual(Local0,4))\n
{\n
// Mirror toggle\n
}\n
end;

Why would you expect that to work? That is for the HP Envy, not your laptop.

Read post #1030.

Why would you expect that to work? That is for the HP Envy, not your laptop.

Read post #1030.
so now i must replacment code 0x0405, 0x0406 to 0x86,0x87 :(

so now i must replacment code 0x0405, 0x0406 to 0x86,0x87 :(

You should use ACPIDebug to trace the code path all the way into BRT6 (to make sure it is running). Then you can patch BRT6.

You should use ACPIDebug to trace the code path all the way into BRT6 (to make sure it is running). Then you can patch BRT6.
Screen_Shot_2016_09_29_at_10_34_30_PM.png

here , i check from console with ACPIdebug, fn+up, down

Hi RehabMan,

Thank you very much for your guide. I now have brightness adjustment working on El Capitan with HD4400.

Following your guide, I used ACPIDebug and found out _Q11 and _Q12 are the EC methods called for brightness up and down respectively, and by searching for PNP0303 in DSDT I found that KBC0 should be the device name for my keyboard. However, now I am confused by all the keycode stuff. Could you explain what is ADB code and where can I find the appropriate keycode to use? I have ELAN touchpad, and I'm using EMlyDinEsH's driver version 4.6.5.

Hi RehabMan,

Thank you very much for your guide. I now have brightness adjustment working on El Capitan with HD4400.

Following your guide, I used ACPIDebug and found out _Q11 and _Q12 are the EC methods called for brightness up and down respectively, and by searching for PNP0303 in DSDT I found that KBC0 should be the device name for my keyboard. However, now I am confused by all the keycode stuff. Could you explain what is ADB code and where can I find the appropriate keycode to use? I have ELAN touchpad, and I'm using EMlyDinEsH's driver version 4.6.5.

Read post #1 carefully. The patches/codes required for the ELAN driver are explained.

Back