Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control

Thanks a lot for quick response Sir, I'm a fan of you :headbang:

Now I'm following it and will post the outcome and for nvidia thing I understand but nice thing is that I don't do gaming on laptop so no windows is ok but the question is will it bother the mac osx or not?

I tried the el Capitan also on my machine, most of the things are working but slider fails to work I can see it but when I slide it, it do nothing and my sound also broken (I use patched AppleHDA) anyway these are future issues it doesn't matter right now, but if can help, it will be heartily welcome.

Thanks a lot for quick response Sir, I'm a fan of you :headbang:

Now I'm following it and will post the outcome and for nvidia thing I understand but nice thing is that I don't do gaming on laptop so no windows is ok but the question is will it bother the mac osx or not?

For OS X, disabling via ACPI or BIOS is the same.

I tried the el Capitan also on my machine, most of the things are working but slider fails to work I can see it but when I slide it, it do nothing and my sound also broken (I use patched AppleHDA) anyway these are future issues it doesn't matter right now, but if can help, it will be heartily welcome.

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

"Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban."

As far as I know, 10.11 is still a developer build under NDA.

I haven't installed it yet, and even if I did, I couldn't talk about it.

My brightness - key is _Q1D and + key is _Q1C as per ACPIDebug EC Queries. Now What should I do to apply these settings, please help.

The patches you will use depend on the PS2 drivers you're using (which depend on the trackpad you have). Read post #1 -- it is described in detail.

I'm using the voodooPS2.kext for my trackpad and keyboard, you can check my clover folder's kexts directory. If you can please make the dsdt patch for it so that I can apply it to my DSDT.

Can I use first patch just by replacing the key values, because I think I am using default keyboard?

I'm using the voodooPS2.kext for my trackpad and keyboard, you can check my clover folder's kexts directory. If you can please make the dsdt patch for it so that I can apply it to my DSDT.

Can I use first patch just by replacing the key values, because I think I am using default keyboard?

The process of creating the patch is documented in post #1.

Back