Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control

All is ok already. Do you want the code of the DSDT patch for lenovo thinkpad w530??

No idea which "DSDT patch" you're referring to.

Hi, I have the brightness control working and I want to control it on the built in keyboard. I have set the VoodooPS2Keyboard plist file on the Custom ADB Map key with 3e=91 and 3f=90. But both the two buttons are making brightness up, and the 3f key also makes the audio muted at the same time. Not sure what is wrong with my configure. Here is my files.

Attachments

• debug_28708.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 215
Hi, I have the brightness control working and I want to control it on the built in keyboard. I have set the VoodooPS2Keyboard plist file on the Custom ADB Map key with 3e=91 and 3f=90. But both the two buttons are making brightness up, and the 3f key also makes the audio muted at the same time. Not sure what is wrong with my configure. Here is my files.

ACPI is the solution. Read post #1.

Hi RehabMan, I want to know How to remap my keyboard to brightness control keys

I have a Lenovo Z70-80 laptop with Core i7-5500 and my graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 5500

I followed this steps:

Determining EC query methods:

- install ACPIDebug.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug - I installed on S/L/E

- add the ACPIDebug repo to MaciASL "Sources" per README - It is on sources by default

- apply ""Add DSDT Debug Methods" - I added this to my DSDT

- apply "Instrument EC Queries" - I added this to my DSDT

- I added debug.txt too

- In Readme debug says 3 steps, but this final step:

Third, add code to your DSDT to where you wish to cause trace messages to system.log (call \RMDT.PUSH). - I don't understand this part or what code I should add. Please your support.

- I added additionally ioio binary file to /usr/bin/ , like it says in the guide

- reboot

- monitor system.log as you press your brightness keys

After I reboot I pressed all FN keys, one by one and with combinations with Fn+ key but nothing.

My DSDT. aml patched file is in /Clover/ACPI/patched and like it says in guide the system.log is created in root I can understand is the same folder where is my DSDT, after pressed the keys It doesn't appear anything file

I don't know maybe I made a mistake in the process

PD. I attached my DSDT patched

Please help me with the solution.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Hi RehabMan, I want to know How to remap my keyboard to brightness control keys

I have a Lenovo Z70-80 laptop with Core i7-5500 and my graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 5500

I followed this steps:

Determining EC query methods:

- install ACPIDebug.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug - I installed on S/L/E

- add the ACPIDebug repo to MaciASL "Sources" per README - It is on sources by default

- apply ""Add DSDT Debug Methods" - I added this to my DSDT

- apply "Instrument EC Queries" - I added this to my DSDT

- I added debug.txt too

- In Readme debug says 3 steps, but this final step:

Third, add code to your DSDT to where you wish to cause trace messages to system.log (call \RMDT.PUSH). - I don't understand this part or what code I should add. Please your support.

- I added additionally ioio binary file to /usr/bin/ , like it says in the guide

- reboot

- monitor system.log as you press your brightness keys

After I reboot I pressed all FN keys, one by one and with combinations with Fn+ key but nothing.

My DSDT. aml patched file is in /Clover/ACPI/patched and like it says in guide the system.log is created in root I can understand is the same folder where is my DSDT, after pressed the keys It doesn't appear anything file

I don't know maybe I made a mistake in the process

PD. I attached my DSDT patched

Please help me with the solution.

Thanks in advance

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Trying to add brightness control on my hp laptop dsdt dissassdisas with no error and applied brightness fix (haswell) and gfxo to igpu patches and installed acipiblaklight.kext but no brighness slider after reboot am i doing right ? help me

Trying to add brightness control on my hp laptop dsdt dissassdisas with no error and applied brightness fix (haswell) and gfxo to igpu patches and installed acipiblaklight.kext but no brighness slider after reboot am i doing right ? help me
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Here is the files

Attachments

• debug_32632.zip
    2 MB · Views: 95
Back