Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control

Did you try without Fn? (some BIOS implementations reverse Fn+Fx and Fx, and it can depend on what your DSDT is doing).

i don't think mine is like that because, my brigthness buttons are FN+left/right Arrows...

i don't think mine is like that because, my brigthness buttons are FN+left/right Arrows...

You could check in Windows... or you could just press both keys!!

I wondering brightness is working only after sleep? or I can fix somehow and it maybe works normal then I turn on pc?

I wondering brightness is working only after sleep? or I can fix somehow and it maybe works normal then I turn on pc?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

If your laptop does not use the IGPU PWM registers (AppleBacklight.kext and IntelBacklight.kext not working), then you should try "Brightness Fix (ACPI 100)" and ACPIBacklight.kext.

Hi, rehabman
My laptop has the same problems.
Can you tell me if my notebook uses IGPU PWM records?
Attached my files

Attachments

• all files.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
The laptop I'm using is in my profile, it's a Dell XPS 13, L322x, with. Mail processor i5 3517U, motherboard series 7, resolution 1366x768, star clover uefi. My problem is that the kext injector is charged but the brightness is static, does not raise or lower the level. In the compressed folder attached the clover files, ioregister copy and terminal output
Your profile is not filled out as requested in the FAQ.
Therefore no idea which laptop you actually have...
Please fix, as per FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Only you can test to see if the IGPU PWM registers are used...

Your profile is not filled out as requested in the FAQ.
Therefore no idea which laptop you actually have...
Please fix, as per FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Only you can test to see if the IGPU PWM registers are used...

Attachments

• all files.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
The laptop I'm using is in my profile, it's a Dell XPS 13, L322x, with. Mail processor i5 3517U, motherboard series 7, resolution 1366x768, star clover uefi.

Your profile is not filled out correctly. See FAQ.

My problem is that the kext injector is charged but the brightness is static, does not raise or lower the level. In the compressed folder attached the clover files, ioregister copy and terminal output

I think your Dell does not use the IGPU PWM registers to control the backlight.

Hey RehabMan,

first of all thanks for all the stuff you provide to get macOS running on our systems...
I'm currently working on an older Samsung Laptop (see 2nd System in signature) and thanks to all your guides I got more or less everything working, including battery etc.

The last thing to fix is the display brightness.
The GPU itself is running fine including all accelerations but I just can't get the brightness to work - in fact I can't even get the slider to display in the system settings.

I already tried the ACPIBacklight version with all various patches in the DSDT but none of them work - some of them even prevent the system from boot.

Can you help there?

All files should be attached.

Regards,
Martin

Attachments

• Files.zip
    2 MB · Views: 73
Hey RehabMan,

first of all thanks for all the stuff you provide to get macOS running on our systems...
I'm currently working on an older Samsung Laptop (see 2nd System in signature) and thanks to all your guides I got more or less everything working, including battery etc.

The last thing to fix is the display brightness.
The GPU itself is running fine including all accelerations but I just can't get the brightness to work - in fact I can't even get the slider to display in the system settings.

I already tried the ACPIBacklight version with all various patches in the DSDT but none of them work - some of them even prevent the system from boot.

Can you help there?

All files should be attached.

Regards,
Martin

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Back