Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control

ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

You can easily install Windows in about 20 minutes.

I Did the ACPI patching guide again. in the guide you have a part where it's written

After you successfully disassemble your files, look at each one in an attempt to determine the SSDT's purpose. If it is CPU related and is known to cause a problem, set it aside, and don't include it in your final set for injection via the bootloader. For the most part, SSDTs with objects declared in Scope _PR.CPUx are likely CPU related.

In my case, i one get DSDT, SSDT-0, SSDT-1 and SSDT-2 all the others have and "X" and in the guide said don't use them.. and in the SSDT-1 and SSDT-2 in Scope i have the _PR.CPUx does this mean that i can choose to remove them from the patched ACPI?

All original SSDTs compile without errors apart from SSDT-1 where i had to use the "Remove _PSS Holders" patch, so as i read in the guide, i can use the Original ones that compiled without errors. am i right?

thanks beforehand

I Did the ACPI patching guide again. in the guide you have a part where it's written

In my case, i one get DSDT, SSDT-0, SSDT-1 and SSDT-2 all the others have and "X" and in the guide said don't use them.. and in the SSDT-1 and SSDT-2 in Scope i have the _PR.CPUx does this mean that i can choose to remove them from the patched ACPI?

All original SSDTs compile without errors apart from SSDT-1 where i had to use the "Remove _PSS Holders" patch, so as i read in the guide, i can use the Original ones that compiled without errors. am i right?

thanks beforehand

You only need to eliminate the CPU related SSDTs if they cause a problem.
If you followed my installation guide, you would already know if you needed "alternate DropTables" or not (the alternate DropTables drops the CPU related SSDTs).
If so far you are booting without the alternate DropTables, then no need to eliminate CPU related SSDTs.

The SSDTs you need to patch depends on their content and depends on other patches you apply to your DSDT (as per guide, renames must be applied equally to all files).

You only need to eliminate the CPU related SSDTs if they cause a problem.
If you followed my installation guide, you would already know if you needed "alternate DropTables" or not (the alternate DropTables drops the CPU related SSDTs).
If so far you are booting without the alternate DropTables, then no need to eliminate CPU related SSDTs.

It boots normally with the "Alternate DropTables"

The SSDTs you need to patch depends on their content and depends on other patches you apply to your DSDT (as per guide, renames must be applied equally to all files).

The "Renames" patch, it won't allow me to apply to the others... just the DSDT.
I only applied these patches:

- DSDT
"Rename _DSM methods to XDSM"
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"6 series USB"
"Fix Brightness"
"Acer Aspire 5750g"
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Add DSDT Debug Methods"
"Instrument Ec Queries"

- SSDT-0
haven't applied any patch

- SSDT-1
"Remove _PSS Holders"

- SSDT-2
haven't applied any patch

The patches:
"Rename _DSM methods to XDSM"
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
It only allows me to apply to the DSDT the SSDTs won't allow it...

It boots normally with the "Alternate DropTables"

See power management guide for correct CPU PM procedures...
Hint: config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=true, DropOem=true

The "Renames" patch, it won't allow me to apply to the others... just the DSDT.

Then it is likely your SSDTs don't contain references to the renamed symbol.

See power management guide for correct CPU PM procedures...
Hint: config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=true, DropOem=true

sorry i wrote it wrong... i wanted to write that It boots normally WITHOUT the "Alternate DropTables" i accidentally wrote with....

Then it is likely your SSDTs don't contain references to the renamed symbol.

does this mean that i don't need to apply the "rename" patches to the SSDTs?

sorry i wrote it wrong... i wanted to write that It boots normally WITHOUT the "Alternate DropTables" i accidentally wrote with....

Then you should keep the SSDTs and not use the PNOT patch on DSDT.
And config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=false.
And create SSDT.aml with ssdtPRgen.sh.

does this mean that i don't need to apply the "rename" patches to the SSDTs?

If a patch has no applicability to a given file, then the patch will have no effect. A patch with no effect obviously doesn't need to be applied.

Then you should keep the SSDTs and not use the PNOT patch on DSDT.
And config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=false.
And create SSDT.aml with ssdtPRgen.sh.
All 3 Steps i had them right...

Now i think that my FN key don't work.. i don't want to risk installing Windows because i don't really understand the Dual Boot and Because every time that i install windows on this Laptop i doesn't boot... thats why i wanted to install OSX on him...

Is there any problem if my Hotkeys (FN+) won't work? the OSX itself is working rather fine...

The only other problem that i found until now is the Headphones... they don't work... but the speakers work.

All 3 Steps i had them right...

Now i think that my FN key don't work.. i don't want to risk installing Windows because i don't really understand the Dual Boot and Because every time that i install windows on this Laptop i doesn't boot... thats why i wanted to install OSX on him...

Is there any problem if my Hotkeys (FN+) won't work? the OSX itself is working rather fine...

The only other problem that i found until now is the Headphones... they don't work... but the speakers work.

What Fn hotkeys are not working?
If it is your brightness keys, read post #1. Brightness keys are covered there...
Audio is off-topic.

What Fn hotkeys are not working?
If it is your brightness keys, read post #1. Brightness keys are covered there...
Audio is off-topic.
All FN hotkeys are not working.. The sound keys, the brightness keys, the audio player keys all keyboard keys that use FN don't work... That's why I think the FN key itself don't work..

All FN hotkeys are not working.. The sound keys, the brightness keys, the audio player keys all keyboard keys that use FN don't work... That's why I think the FN key itself don't work..

Did you try without Fn? (some BIOS implementations reverse Fn+Fx and Fx, and it can depend on what your DSDT is doing).

Back