Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control

If I find a fix for it...
Meanwhile plan to use an AppleBacklightInjector and appropriate ACPI patches.
Coming from IntelBacklight.kext i already applied Brightness Fix for that method on a SSDT. If i switch to ACPIBacklight method should i remote that patch ? How can i do that ?

Thanks
Mattia

hello I have same issue I try patch brightness with "brightness fix" after restart it just show in display menu brightness bar then install backlight same then Intelbacklight same after all I try rehab man new patch for brightness and keys and just have working sounds f10,f11,f12 keys but brightness same bug just showing bar and 1 more bug then I push fn+f1 sleep I hear how computer wake up him self and monitor just shut down maybe someone can easy explain this issues because? thx early

Attachments

• RehabMantautvis.zip
    597 KB · Views: 87
hello I have same issue I try patch brightness with "brightness fix" after restart it just show in display menu brightness bar then install backlight same then Intelbacklight same after all I try rehab man new patch for brightness and keys and just have working sounds f10,f11,f12 keys but brightness same bug just showing bar and 1 more bug then I push fn+f1 sleep I hear how computer wake up him self and monitor just shut down maybe someone can easy explain this issues because? thx early

You will need to describe your issue in English...
No idea what you're trying to report.
And if you have an issue (clearly described), you must provide all files as requested in "Problem Reporting".

Coming from IntelBacklight.kext i already applied Brightness Fix for that method on a SSDT. If i switch to ACPIBacklight method should i remote that patch ? How can i do that ?

Thanks
Mattia

Why would you "switch to ACPIBacklight"?
What are you trying to accomplish?

in this zip files I put my dsdt iregistry copy and config how is in problem reporting or its bad?
me issue is I install kext or just patch brightness with guide I just see in display menu bad with brightness bar but I try use it and nothing happen and with brightness keys I try guide your method but it only work volume keys
more 1 with sleep in guide say try after sleep use brightness but same nothing happen

in this zip files I put my dsdt iregistry copy and config how is in problem reporting or its bad?

Missing:
- kextcache output
- kextstat output
- EFI/Clover

me issue is I install kext or just patch brightness with guide I just see in display menu bad with brightness bar

No idea what you mean by "bad with brightness bar".

but I try use it and nothing happen and with brightness keys I try guide your method

If you're saying that moving the brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays has no effect, then you should read further in post #1. First step is to remove IntelBacklight.kext and see if AppleBacklight.kext works. If it doesn't, then your computer likely does not use the Intel PWM backlight controls. Which means you would need to use ACPIBacklight.kext, potentially with a custom patch.

but it only work volume keys

Brightness keys are likely handled in ACPI. You need to read post #1 and create/apply the correct patch for your DSDT.

yes I try brightness slider in sysprefs-> no effect in my library/extensions I just see applebacklight.kext were I can find intelbacklight.kext? and I was using ACPIBacklight.kext for keys I will try read more because I was use ElmyDinesh patch but same useless and maybe you can what now my zip I fink I correct it normal thanks you

Attachments

• tautvis imac.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 76
yes I try brightness slider in sysprefs-> no effect in my library/extensions I just see applebacklight.kext were I can find intelbacklight.kext? and I was using ACPIBacklight.kext for keys I will try read more because I was use ElmyDinesh patch but same useless and maybe you can what now my zip I fink I correct it normal thanks you

AppleBacklight.kext should not be in /Library/Extensions. The macOS installer places it in /System/Library/Extensions.

IntelBacklight.kext is linked from post #1.
ACPIBacklight.kext has nothing to do with the keyboard.

Your ioreg shows your using 10.12.4 but with IntelBacklight.kext installed.
IntelBacklight.kext does not work with 10.12.4.
You need to read here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

yesterday I was use this guide and just now I done this update so I just need remove intelbacklight.kext and acpibacklight.kext and apple backlight.kext move to /system/library/extensions is this correct? maybe thats why apple backlight.kext not work property?

yesterday I was use this guide and just now I done this update so I just need remove intelbacklight.kext and acpibacklight.kext and apple backlight.kext move to /system/library/extensions is this correct? maybe thats why apple backlight.kext not work property?

You should not touch AppleBacklight.kext. It should already be in /S/L/E. You should have never touched it at all.

And, of course, you will need to remote IntelBacklight.kext and ACPIBacklight.kext, if you installed them, as written in the guide.

Back