Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control

Looks like your brightness keys are handled in method _Q80 and _Q81. You did not patch them.
Also, your patch for _OSI("Darwin") in _INI is nonsense. Use one of the "OS Check Fix" patches as per ACPI patching guide.
no working how change key FN

@RehabMan Hey Rehabman I have followed your guide above but the brightness don't work. It doesn't have the slider in the sys pref. It was working back in El Capitan using this guide. But in Sierra, it doesn't work. Attached is a copy of my ioreg, clover folder which contains my dsdt (which have the basic pnlf and other patches from your repo applied) and two screenshots(kextstat and post output) for your perusal. My laptop is Compaq CQ42, i3-370m, ATI 5470m. Thank you very much!

Attachments

• Attachments.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 83
@RehabMan Hey Rehabman I have followed your guide above but the brightness don't work. It doesn't have the slider in the sys pref. It was working back in El Capitan using this guide. But in Sierra, it doesn't work. Attached is a copy of my ioreg, clover folder which contains my dsdt (which have the basic pnlf and other patches from your repo applied) and two screenshots(kextstat and post output) for your perusal. My laptop is Compaq CQ42, i3-370m, ATI 5470m. Thank you very much!

I think your problem is the connector-type. You probably need to patch the ATI connector data...

I think your problem is the connector-type. You probably need to patch the ATI connector data...

Hi Rehabman thanks a lot!! You were right! I didn't know there were changes to the connector data in Sierra. I just need to add zero before and after the patch!

Hi Rehab,
i updated to 10.12.4 version but i lost the brightness function (if i use the function keys or from system preference->monitor-> brightness bar) the brightness doesn't change. i can move the bar slider but the monitor brightness doesn't change.
I already updated clover to the last version and tried to remove intelbacklight.kext, rebuild system cache, reboot and reinstalled it without solve the problem.
I have an Intel HD4000 correctly recognized by the system and brighteness was working ok in 10.12.3.

Thanks
Mattia

Hi Rehab,
i updated to 10.12.4 version but i lost the brightness function (if i use the function keys or from system preference->monitor-> brightness bar) the brightness doesn't change. i can move the bar slider but the monitor brightness doesn't change.
I already updated clover to the last version and tried to remove intelbacklight.kext, rebuild system cache, reboot and reinstalled it without solve the problem.
I have an Intel HD4000 correctly recognized by the system and brighteness was working ok in 10.12.3.

Thanks
Mattia

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Are you planning on updating IntelBackLight kext ?

If I find a fix for it...
Meanwhile plan to use an AppleBacklightInjector and appropriate ACPI patches.

Back