Graphics
Msi gtx 670 PE 2gb OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone, this is my first hackingtosh build, P67A-UD4-B3 Rev 1.1 with a i7 2600k and a GTX 560ti i got lion 100% installed, i dont need any commands at launch thanks to this great forum i was able to install 100% to the TEE, no KP at all!!!!!!!!! im so happy right now i want to send a warm thank you to Tonymacx86.com and everyone that helped me thru it all

now, im going to give you a synopsis on how i got it working exactly, the number one thing you have to do with sandybridge platform is read carefully, depending on your revision of P67,Z68 you could have different audio, and network.

What i did to get it working 100% flawless with this board,GPU, CPU was install SL from base 10.6.0, now depending on whether you dont get errors upgrading the OS to 10.6.7 (Do this before you update to 10.6.8) you might have to install a few side things but this installation is iBoot + Multibeast method for SL, then the Xmove + Multibeast for Lion

Installing SL

Follow the iboot + multibeast method for installing on your Bios, you need to enable AHCI mode on your SATA and 64BIT HPET, it would also be wise to downclock any memory to 1333 mhz for the installs of all these OS's remember the max memory you can have at time of install is 4gb

After launching iboot (should be pretty easy) you should be able to install osx with no problems, after installing your going to put iboot back in the drive and boot into snowleopard using using the iboot menu, you can leave i boot in the CD drive if youd like just remember not to boot from CD later when you get multibeast installed, i boot is only for post install, in order to install multibeast (i know not everyone is a noob like me) :D

depending on your GPU, my 560ti was working 100% flawless in SL on 1024x768 i even got it to identify right after the first multibeast patch with no ATY.kext involved or any npci=0x2000 command (well get more into this command later)

ok this being said i was able to install 10.6.8 with no commands for my 560ti, i was getting a working OS for upgrading to lion 100%, now here comes the installation guide

First : upgrade to 10.6.7 After following tonymac's iboot + multibeast method for SL install, BEFORE YOU INSTALL MULTIBEAST OR THE UPDATE BACK UP YOUR FRESHLY INSTALLED SL!!!! i used superduper just fine in iboot'd SL i was able to back up my SL install onto a partition on my 2nd HD. what i did was back up the fresh 10.6.0 install onto a partition with superduper (easy) then i installed bridge helper its very important you install this BEFORE installing the update, if you dont you will get a KP and wont be able to boot off HD into Mac osx, Then i installed the 10.6.7 update, After that i did a Multibeast and used my DSDT for my board (database has all dsdt's) i checked the things below, you could mostlikely change a few things, but this worked out the best for me

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/83 ... at409.png/

After installing the above checked items you should be able to boot into 10.6.7 just fine with not iboot, and no codes at launch

Now after this 10.6.7 successful boot you should be able to update to 10.6.8 before you do so, on sandy bridge you need to install the updaterhelper (available in downloads) once you use the updater helper you launch the 10.6.8 update after the 10.6.8 update your going to install Multibeast Again with all the settings that worked previously. before you install the updatehelper and the 10.6.8 update and multibeast, it would be wise to back up AGAIN using superduper, if you sucessfully got into 10.6.7 with no commands off HD and with audio and all that, i backed up this image and was able to troubleshoot my lion installation very precisely, if i didnt backup i would still be trying to install lion right now.

when you restore you backup from superduper it might delete your chimera (bootloader) so you might need to use iboot to boot off the HD after you restore a previous image, and just install multibeast again with the settings you used ( this is if your 10.6.8 update goes wrong or something goes wrong that doesnt let you boot off HD anymore without utilizing iboot)

now that i explained that very thoroughly (excuse my jabbering language) im typing this in detail so the person that reads can understand the process that you need to do. now if you sucessfully boot into the 10.6.8 update after installing the Updaterhelper and the 10.6.8 update i would then back up that image with superduper and have it just incase your lion goes wrong

now follow the Xmove + multibeast method for lion, upon booting into the installation partition Xmove created depending on what happens ( i was getting apple logo screen and no spinning wheel :beachball: ) you might need to type the command -v npci=0x2000 if this is the case, this command worked PERFECT for me and i was able to install lion 100% no upon reboot you might not be able to boot off HD right away, so try putting the same command again -v npci=0x2000, try without -v and only npci=0x2000 too see if that works aswell, now for lion if you boot 100% using the above commands sucessfully your going to use multibeast and your going to do the SAME SETTINGS from above! this is what i have done and its working 100% if you cant boot into it, after iboot or you get a KP, relax this might happen try the same command again -v npci=0x2000 now this will allow you too boot (hopefully) once i did this, i got confirmed AUDIO and Internet in leopard, then after that, i got my 560Ti working very very very easy. the only thing i did was was get the NVDAGF100Hal.kext open package contents>info.plist> duplicate this file just incase and then add your ID for your videocard, from what i know they start at 1200 for the 560Ti and go down

this is what my code looked like for my EVGA GTX 560Ti with 1gb GDDR5
0x06c010de&0xffe0ffff
0x0dc010de&0xffc0ffff
0x0e2010de&0xffe0ffff
0x0ee010de&0xffe0ffff
0x0f0010de&0xffc0ffff
0x104010de&0xffc0ffff
0x124010de&0xffc0ffff
0x120010de&0xffe0ffff

the 0x1200 is the last line, that i added and it worked 100%

now your going to edit the com.apple.boot.list which is in HD>extras>com.apple.boot.list your going to edit this line

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string></string>

your going to turn that into

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Now depending on your GPU you might have success booting with the <string>yes</string> or you can take out the yes and leave it blank, When i did leave it blank, My apple logo boot got chopped into a square and went to the left corner, and would not boot. but once i put yes into it, it worked perfect after that

now once you save this Plist for the boot now and you override the old NV.kext Plist, get out of the Kext, copy the .Kext plugin to the Desktop and run Kextbeast from Downloads page and your going to do a a kext install followed by a multibeast with the settings that worked. now you should see a loading bar upon trying to boot into OSX ( i got a loading bar then it went 1080p)

i just tried team fortress 2, it works awesome, gonna try CS:S right now, i also downloaded this Application called open GL extensions viewer (props to jyjy) its telling me i got Open GL working now im not sure about Cuda just yet or open CL

Any more suggestions are welcome, along with correcting anything i missed along with suggestions on how to get Cuda on my fully working lion system?

by the way people, i can confirm sleep working, right now i attempted a restart and got a kernel manic with a lot of CPU0 ffff codes, but i did a -v and im back in fine.

What did you do to make sleep work? Thanks for the guide. I still don't have sleep working properly. I can put it to sleep, but if I press any key to wake it up. It seems like waking up but the screen doesn't turn on. Thanks

conheomap said:
What did you do to make sleep work? Thanks for the guide. I still don't have sleep working properly. I can put it to sleep, but if I press any key to wake it up. It seems like waking up but the screen doesn't turn on. Thanks

i used to this too, but if you wake it up it will wake the computer up, and everything will start up again, you wait about 15-30 seconds and it should wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back