Contribute
Register

[Guide] OpenCore: how to update Big Sur 11.4 > Monterey Public Beta in Z390 Aorus Elite + RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, a non beta guide is on the way. I’m not at home but it will be posted. For now you can try OpenCore 0.6.4 if you are in an older version and put SecureBootModel disabled or default, try both.

Yes, a non beta guide is on the way. I’m not at home but it will be posted. For now you can try OpenCore 0.6.4 if you are in an older version and put SecureBootModel disabled or default, try both.
I have opencore .7.0, I got farther with the usb installer, but eventually got, a necessary firmware update could not be installed
Using imacpro1, 1

0.7.4 has improvements for the Monterey install process.

I have opencore .7.0, I got farther with the usb installer, but eventually got, a necessary firmware update could not be installed
Using imacpro1, 1
Same error here with opencore 0.7.4 and imacpro1,1

Thanks for the guide. I have similar Hardware - Aorus Pro - Radeon 570 - and everything works good. However my Hack wakes up from sleep, does something for 20 secs and sleeps again. Not constantly but at times.

Powernap is already turned off and wake on lan disabled.

Any ideas what might cause this?

@vatter69
Sometimes fixing sleep issues is hard. To be checked:
  • First is disabling Handoff in System Preferences> General.
  • Second is setting screen saver so that its timeout is NOT longer than screen.
Questions. Do you have CD or DVD? When wakes for 20" the screen wakes up also? When entering sleep lights and fans turn off?

Yep i have a Blu-Ray writer - that's how i even notice the PC turns on (because it makes some re-arranging of the reader which is very audible).

Monitor stays dark and when its asleep - everything is off (fans/drives etc). It also wakes up fine - no issues with sound/bluetooth etc.

Had zero issues with Big Sur with that set up. Strange ;)

Last edited:
@TripleYoThreat @PabloPC1
Firmware update cannot be installed error is displayed even in real Macs:
I don’t know a specific fix for this but it’s recommended to do first aid on the disk or to try a different SMBIOS.
Also, SecureBootModel as Disabled or Default in config.plist.
No luck. If I tried to update from App Store, when I boot from Macintosh HD says: "No port micro restart (we don't support SMC on this platform)". But if I try a bootable USB with Monterey, when load the update and reboot and boot into macOS Install says: "a required firmware update could not be installed". I tried AdviseFeatures, change SMBIOS, SecureBootModel, redoing the EFI. Nothing worked.

No luck. If I tried to update from App Store, when I boot from Macintosh HD says: "No port micro restart (we don't support SMC on this platform)". But if I try a bootable USB with Monterey, when load the update and reboot and boot into macOS Install says: "a required firmware update could not be installed". I tried AdviseFeatures, change SMBIOS, SecureBootModel, redoing the EFI. Nothing worked.
same brother. sure there will be a fix soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back