Contribute
Register

[Guide] OpenCore: how to update Big Sur 11.4 > Monterey Public Beta in Z390 Aorus Elite + RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
No luck. If I tried to update from App Store, when I boot from Macintosh HD says: "No port micro restart (we don't support SMC on this platform)". But if I try a bootable USB with Monterey, when load the update and reboot and boot into macOS Install says: "a required firmware update could not be installed". I tried AdviseFeatures, change SMBIOS, SecureBootModel, redoing the EFI. Nothing worked.
Yeah. been trying for days now. The same problem.

No luck. If I tried to update from App Store, when I boot from Macintosh HD says: "No port micro restart (we don't support SMC on this platform)". But if I try a bootable USB with Monterey, when load the update and reboot and boot into macOS Install says: "a required firmware update could not be installed". I tried AdviseFeatures, change SMBIOS, SecureBootModel, redoing the EFI. Nothing worked.

Yeah. been trying for days now. The same problem.
Newest opencore (0.7.4 at the time for me) and AdviseFeatures=True solved "a required firmware update could not be installed" for me! Using imacpro1,1

Already try it and did not resolve the issue.
Try resetting NVRAM and installing on new partition using USB installer... That is the fix for it and it has worked for many people.. Maybe something wrong in the implementation. Try again and double check. Make sure when you boot the opencore it says 0.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back