Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] On-board Audio for ALC662 Mountain Lion 10.8.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why it wouldn't work? Care to give it a try?

Hi, I want to try this kext, but I have read, that I need to patch it.
I have tried without patching, but I can't hear any sound. I have Asrock 4Core1600-GLAN + ATI HD4670.
Where I can find informations to patch it ?

here is my DSDT: View attachment DSDT.dsl

Hi! Thanks for this great guide and tutorial! But this is my question, I can't find HDEF device on my DSDT. I hope you could help to solve this problem. Thank you in advanced. Gustavo

PD: I attach my own DSDT and my specs are - MOBO: Asus P5KPL-AM SE, CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.93 E7500, RAM: 3Gb DDR2 800, GFX: Gigabyte GT640

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 123
Hi! Thanks for this great guide and tutorial! But this is my question, I can't find HDEF device on my DSDT. I hope you could help to solve this problem. Thank you in advanced. Gustavo

PD: I attach my own DSDT and my specs are - MOBO: Asus P5KPL-AM SE, CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.93 E7500, RAM: 3Gb DDR2 800, GFX: Gigabyte GT640

When im on the pc next I shall patch it for you and send you the patch for future reference :)
EDIT: patched your DSDT using the HDEF.txt patched (included in .zip file) - try the first DSDT (providing you have patched AppleHDA and installed ALC662HDA.kext) and if that doesn't work try the second DSDT.
View attachment guspase.zip

I shall be providing a full completed AppleHDA soon.

My 100% working solution for 10.8.2

I have ALC662 on-board and Gigabyte Nvidia GT640 OC 2048MB DDR3 (ALC662 + Nvidia HDMI Audio Working perfect)

No dsdt edits or copy and pasting of layout or platform files and no patching needed

Instructions:

1. Download archive and extract
2. Install all 3 kexts with KextUtility
3. Reboot & Enjoy :)

Thank you! Worked perfectly on a ASrock H61M-S 1.50

This worked great for me the onboard sound on my Biostart TH55B HD. The only thing I had to was open 'Audio Midi Setup' and then for the Built-in Output, set the Format to 44100.0 Hz, 2Ch-16bit Integer. (Previously it was set to 20bit, and the sound was very scratchy and garbled.)

Dead Simple. Great sound on my 10.8.2 Vostro 220 MT!

I also have the 662, they had to get up and running first. but
Previously I had a problem with my graphic card (Radeon HD 5770) but was sound, but now after I newly installed I now have the "Driver -> Graphic -> ATI -> 5xxx" off left at the installation, and now is my graphic card properly but for my sound no longer.

sry with google translater.

Hi,

I've followed all the steps but without any success. No device is reflected in sound system preferences.

I have an H57 Acer motherboard with ALC662 chipset (Acer AX3950)

I've tested different configurations:
- DSDT patched with standard ALC662.txt patch, with your suggestion patch on the first post
- 10.8.3 appleHDA.kext patched with your files and commands. appleHDA.kext from other posts already patched for 10.8.3
- with ALC662HDA.kext and with ALC662.kext from other posts

and in all cases, there is no way to see any device in the sound system preferences.

If I look at the loaded kext, I see appleHDA but not ALC662HDA.

what I'm confused is that after looking at different posts related with this sound chipset I see differences in the DSDT patch but I'm not ble to interpret them, so I'm not sure wich one shoudl be the right one.

Craigrox, here you have my DSDT file with the ALC662.txt standar patch. If you could give some insight about what could be the problem, I will really appreciate it.

thanks

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    28.9 KB · Views: 186

I have ALC662 on-board and Gigabyte Nvidia GT640 OC 2048MB DDR3 (ALC662 + Nvidia HDMI Audio Working perfect)

No dsdt edits or copy and pasting of layout or platform files and no patching needed

Instructions:

1. Download archive and extract
2. Install all 3 kexts with KextUtility
3. Reboot & Enjoy :)

Did you remove the original AppleHDA kext prior to installing these new kexts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back