Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] On-board Audio for ALC662 Mountain Lion 10.8.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have tried this, but I can't get it work on my Asrock 4Core1600-GLAN with ML 10.8.2
I have patched DSDT, I can see sound card, but I can't hear any sound. I can only select STEREO mode, not 5+1.

My 100% working solution for 10.8.2

I have ALC662 on-board and Gigabyte Nvidia GT640 OC 2048MB DDR3 (ALC662 + Nvidia HDMI Audio Working perfect)

No dsdt edits or copy and pasting of layout or platform files and no patching needed

Instructions:

1. Download archive and extract
2. Install all 3 kexts with KextUtility
3. Reboot & Enjoy :)

Attachments

• AC662 for ML10.8.2.zip
    869.9 KB · Views: 2,253

I have ALC662 on-board and Gigabyte Nvidia GT640 OC 2048MB DDR3 (ALC662 + Nvidia HDMI Audio Working perfect)

No dsdt edits or copy and pasting of layout or platform files and no patching needed

Instructions:

This is great news for people!
Thank you very much :thumbup: - I shall try this for my GT 430 system which uses the ALC662 codec when I get round to updating that to Mountain Lion

You're welcome. The only thing I don't know is if there is a need to patch the AppleHDA for GT430 cards to put out HDMI Audio, you may have to I know I had to patch manually for a GT240 ... not sure never had a GT430, the GT640 Kepler HDMI Audio is recognized by the included AppleHDA (vanilla) without any edits ....

To clarify: is that zip of kexts only to enable HDMI audio out on that model of graphics card? Or should it also enable the ALC662 on-board chipset? If the latter, then I am unable to get it to work on a Dell Vostro 220 with the ALC662 chipset. I'll keep hunting around for a solution besides VoodooHDA.

Hi,
I'm new in Hackintosh, but I'm learning fast. I have problem with ALC662 and AppleHDA, but VoodooHDA works. I know, that AppleHDA is from Apple, and VoodooHDA is open source. I want to ask, what is wrong on VoodooHDA solution if it works ?

Hi,
I'm new in Hackintosh, but I'm learning fast. I have problem with ALC662 and AppleHDA, but VoodooHDA works. I know, that AppleHDA is from Apple, and VoodooHDA is open source. I want to ask, what is wrong on VoodooHDA solution if it works ?

The audio quality using VoodooHDA isn't as good when compared to a pure AppleHDA solution; at least, both of the machines on which I've used VoodooHDA.

These Kext have the primary purpose of enabling the on board alc662 codec without the need for voodoo hda. There is nothing wrong per se with voodoo hda however the preferred method is apple hda - at least for me. Also voodoo hda has been more than problematic for me since Iainly use audio over HDMI and that does not seem to work properly for me with voodoo hda. If you have a gt6xx based Kepler card these kexts will activate both - alc662 + HDMI audio ... If you have the gt240 or gt430 you will need to patch the apple hda with your device Id and also make sure that you are running with a properly edited dsdt - needless to say without using graphics enabler not voodoo hda

Instructions:

I have ASUS P5KPL motherboard and Nvidia Geforce 210 Silent. Does this solution work for me?
thx in advance ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back