Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC Monterey Z590I Gigabyte VISION D + i9 11900K + AMD RX6600

I'll just copy the efi files inside the flash drive right? Or do I need something else?
Yes that’s correct. And don’t forget to generate your own UUID, serials and ROM value to put into the Platform section. You can use SSDTPrGen for that. The ROM value can be your Ethernet card’s MAC address.

Yes that’s correct. And don’t forget to generate your own UUID, serials and ROM value to put into the Platform section. You can use SSDTPrGen for that. The ROM value can be your Ethernet card’s MAC address.
I copied the files into the flash drive and it won't boot when selecting it on boot options. But when I choose my old bootloader on boot options it is detected but won't get past the black screen. Am I missing something? (sorry for being noob)

I copied the files into the flash drive and it won't boot when selecting it on boot options.
in what way "doesn't boot?"

when selecting it on boot options it just blinks then nothing happened.

when selecting it on boot options it just blinks then nothing happened.
normally a user would boot verbose and take a pic or vid to upload so we can see the issue, along with the zipped EFI folder

Thanks. I've already gone through the OpenCore guides, including the sleep one, should have mentioned that.

I never got sleep too work on Asus z590 Hero, but that was a lesser problem than Trim delay on 980 Pro and other glitches pertaining to updates, etc. It's not important to me.

Alright so I tried enabling the Resizable Bar and this is what I got:

@Middleman, I missed your post back in its day... I don't think Resizeable BAR can ever affect Cinebench because that benchmark is strictly CPU, and BAR is a GPU HW optimization.

Regarding previous part of discussion on performance, my Cinebench R23 score for 10900 overclocked at 5.1GHz and stable is 16100.

I note your report is about 14000.

While 11900 has two less cores, it's got a strong bump in IPC.

I think Intel intended arrangement to give 11th parity with the 10th. So what I expect is 11900 offers a 20–30 percent IPC bump over 10th gen, but 2 fewer cores. So best OC geekbench single goes from 1300 to 1650 and multi holds across the gens at about 11000. It's power that's the limit for multicore.

(RAM is XMP 3600)

I puzzled my expectations for 11th gen together by comparing my 10900 results with lots of GB browser listings for 10900, then inferring from listings for 11900. You will see that Geekbench Browser listings are all over the place with insufficient config details to make sense of them.

Re overclocking and power: this comes down to heat. Asus AI OC tunes itself to manage thermals.

"AI" is Asus term for auto over-clocking, and my experience is it really works!

For my 10900 with a huge air cooler, all-core is BIOS-"AI" limited to 5GHz to keep temp at 100C (BIOS setting) peak or below with changing ambient — in high season warm days can be 80F in the room. iStat Menus shows max 95C average. In winter it can do 5.1 all-core at same. That last 2% clocking costs about 5+% in thermals.

I'm well aware that hackintosh has a good history on Gigabyte. Good stuff.

This top-line Asus has worked very well for my hack and I would recommend and happily buy it again, plus the overclocking is very easy and reliable for me, with peak performance promised by Intel and a year of perfect OC stability.

normally a user would boot verbose and take a pic or vid to upload so we can see the issue, along with the zipped EFI folder
I managed to get it installed. but after install it won't boot just black screen using efi bootloader from flash drive.

I copied the files into the flash drive and it won't boot when selecting it on boot options. But when I choose my old bootloader on boot options it is detected but won't get past the black screen. Am I missing something? (sorry for being noob)
Probably the configuration. I see that you're using a 10850K and 6900XT. That means those properties will need to be added and/or replaced. Secondly you can't just 'use your old bootloader' with the current config.plist - the whole EFI as is has to be used because that config file is specially set up for whichever version of OC that was used.

If it helps make things easier I've edited an EFI with your specifics using OC 0.7.5. Please replace this with whatever is in your current EFI partition and add in your UUIDs, ROM and serial numbers. It should by all means work with your setup.

Lastly if you're planning to use Monterey I do not recommend upgrading to 12.3 at the moment but stick with 12.1 or 12.2 if you're using a RX6900XT (if it can be avoided) because of the graphical issues (which I hope you may heard of by now?).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    37.8 MB · Views: 97
wow-wow. Nice build. But RAM should be increased.

wow-wow. Nice build. But RAM should be increased.
Thanks! Yes I think it should too. I'll do it if/when RAM prices get cheaper.

Back