Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC Monterey Z590I Gigabyte VISION D + i9 11900K + AMD RX6600

will you be finishing off the guide in post 1?
I will be, yes. But I might add a PCIe 4.0 SSD to it (am currently looking at the options).

Would be good to put in the Z590I mobo picture too. It shows the ATX Vision D now.

2.png
Yup I will do that. :thumbup:

you forgot to enable this rename:
Rename GPRW to XPRW (as you have listed SSDT-GPRW.aml as enabled)

assume that you also do not need Rename PEGP to GFX0 as whatevergreen takes care of that?
Thanks for that, yeah I think I did needed it. But the system didn't play up much so I
didn't have it enabled. But sure, I'll add that to it.

@c-o-pr

I believe it does (re: the boost frequencies). I mean the Gigabyte board does indeed have a ton of options,
for a wide range of settings. Aside from the TVB OC, C-states, Adaptive Boost, voltage, Resizeable Bar and Gear1 & Gear2 memory settings there's also a setting for per core enabling. I haven't tried enabling Resizeable Bar yet, but I have a feeling it could work given I have an AMD RDNA2 card. That may well boost my Cinebench scores if enabled.

I have pretty much the same build (see below). Everything works perfectly expect for sleep. The first time I sleep everything is fine and it wakes and behaves as normal. The second time I sleep it goes fine until macOS attempts to set the hardware sleep state - at which point the power on the PC never goes off - it just appears to hang. Pressing the power button restarts the PC and then it boots as normal.

I've tried various UEFI and OpenCore settings, but nothing seems to fix it. Currently I have Thunderbolt disabled in UEFI, but exactly the same thing happens with Thunderbolt enabled.

Does anyone have any tips for how to debug or fix this?

System:
Gigabyte VisionD Z590i
Intel i9 11900 (non K)
KLEVV BOLT X 3600Mhz DDR-4 16GB x2
WD SN850 1TB SSD
Sapphire RX580
WiFi: Broadcom BCM94360CS2
Bluetooth: Built-in Intel module.
macOS 12.1

EFI is attached.

Attachments

• JB-VisionD-EFI-2021-12-22.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 121
I have pretty much the same build (see below). Everything works perfectly expect for sleep. The first time I sleep everything is fine and it wakes and behaves as normal. The second time I sleep it goes fine until macOS attempts to set the hardware sleep state - at which point the power on the PC never goes off - it just appears to hang. Pressing the power button restarts the PC and then it boots as normal.

I've tried various UEFI and OpenCore settings, but nothing seems to fix it. Currently I have Thunderbolt disabled in UEFI, but exactly the same thing happens with Thunderbolt enabled.

Does anyone have any tips for how to debug or fix this?

System:
Gigabyte VisionD Z590i
Intel i9 11900 (non K)
KLEVV BOLT X 3600Mhz DDR-4 16GB x2
WD SN850 1TB SSD
Sapphire RX580
WiFi: Broadcom BCM94360CS2
Bluetooth: Built-in Intel module.
macOS 12.1

EFI is attached.
Hi there,

If you have such problems it’s likely to be a combination of factors best explained here > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/sleep.html

If your system is rebooting after shutdown I could suggest try adding swd_panic=1 into your NVRAM boot-arg and see how that fairs.

Thanks. I've already gone through the OpenCore guides, including the sleep one, should have mentioned that.

If your system is rebooting after shutdown I could suggest try adding swd_panic=1 into your NVRAM boot-arg and see how that fairs.

It doesn't reboot, it just hangs at the end of the 2nd sleep and the power indicator never goes off. I have to press the power button to restart. Normal shutdown is fine and the system powers off as expected.

But I'll try the swd_panic=1 boot-arg. Thanks for the tip.

I'll just copy the efi files inside the flash drive right? Or do I need something else?

Back