Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC Monterey Gigabyte B550 Vision D + AMD Ryzen 5900X + RX550 + Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Plus

Thanks for the post.

I have a pretty similar Gigabyte Aorus B550 Elite AX V2 + Ryzen 5900X.

Do you think that I can start an installation using this attached EFI / post guide ?
Or can you recommend another installing guide more appropriate for my specific build?

I have an NVIDIA GTX 1060 that I need to disable. (but still plugged there for Windows booting.)
And an old GTX 760 that should work as macOS native as far as I know.
Now are both GPUs plugged into my Windows10 and it works.

Regards.
Hi Kilaz,

Regarding your query, yes you can certainly try. I would think the EFI should be largely compatible with your motherboard given they are both by Gigabyte. You may have to check if you have/need Thunderbolt however. If you don’t you’ll need to remove SSDT-DTPG and the Hackindrom & SSDT-TB3 kexts.

For the GTX 1060 as it no longer works you will need a SSDT-Disable-GPU or SSDT-DGPU to disable it.

And for the GTX 760, you shouldn’t be needing anything so the card should work right away as is.
It should work but let us know if you have any issues.

Hi Kilaz,

Regarding your query, yes you can certainly try. I would think the EFI should be largely compatible with your motherboard given they are both by Gigabyte. You may have to check if you have/need Thunderbolt however. If you don’t you’ll need to remove SSDT-DTPG and the Hackindrom & SSDT-TB3 kexts.

For the GTX 1060 as it no longer works you will need a SSDT-Disable-GPU or SSDT-DGPU to disable it.

And for the GTX 760, you shouldn’t be needing anything so the card should work right away as is.
It should work but let us know if you have any issues.
thanks a lot. I'll try.

EDIT:
I found that similar EFI folders for Big Sur :

Last edited:
I just found that GTX 760 is supported until Big Sur, not Monterey...
Could be outdated,
but probably I should go for Big Sur, right?
Could I use then the same guide / efi folder?

hey @Middleman ,
thanks for the tips.
I just finished the installation part.

I have a question if you don't mind:
I am stuck when adding the generated simbios info.
why did you used iMacPro1.1? Usually I have seen that people uses MacPro7,1.
I do not tested if serial is valid...
But it get stuck on booting when adding these numbers to plist.

hey @Middleman ,
thanks for the tips.
I just finished the installation part.

I have a question if you don't mind:
I am stuck when adding the generated simbios info.
why did you used iMacPro1.1? Usually I have seen that people uses MacPro7,1.
I do not tested if serial is valid...
But it get stuck on booting when adding these numbers to plist.
Because it is the only one that works with my config. iMacPro1,1 is best used for those with an external AMD dGPU.
For the SMBIOS section just make sure to fill the fields under the PlatformInfo section as I have marked which are roughly 5 fields. For the ROM value this can be your Ethernet card's MAC address.

Also if you are booting with the Nvidia GTX 760 you need to add nvda-drv-vrl=1 to your NVRAM boot-arg.

Let me know which version of Monterey you are trying to boot. The EFI version I've attached here only boots up to Monterey 12.1. For 12.4 I have a newer version.

I downloaded the last Monterey installer. I didn´t used your efi.
finally I started from scratch.
neither using the gtx 760.
I finally get the RX 6600 XT.
mobo is a Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2 + 5900x

Because it is the only one that works with my config. iMacPro1,1 is best used for those with an external AMD dGPU.
For the SMBIOS section just make sure to fill the fields under the PlatformInfo section as I have marked which are roughly 5 fields. For the ROM value this can be your Ethernet card's MAC address.

Also if you are booting with the Nvidia GTX 760 you need to add nvda-drv-vrl=1 to your NVRAM boot-arg.

Let me know which version of Monterey you are trying to boot. The EFI version I've attached here only boots up to Monterey 12.1. For 12.4 I have a newer version.

Hi Middleman, are you still using this Ryzentosh?
Could you please share latest EFI you have for Monterey, am trying to setup a similar system with 12.6. Thank you~

Hi All,
anyone test Ventura 13.1 on Middleman configuration ?

Thanks

will this work with my setup :
MSI B550 gaming plus
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
RX 580
32 GB DDR4

Back