Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC 10.13.6 Z490 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme + Core i5 10400 / i9 11900K + Nvidia GTX 1060

Thanks for that.

After I select the efi off my thumb drive I get like a bunch of text in the middle of my screen (goes by fast) I am guessing OpenCanopy stuff... then I get the OC GUI. I select Install HS. Then I get "end setconsolemode" followed by black screen and another list of text that I could not even capture on camera (so fast).

Thanks for that.

After I select the efi off my thumb drive I get like a bunch of text in the middle of my screen (goes by fast) I am guessing OpenCanopy stuff... then I get the OC GUI. I select Install HS. Then I get "end setconsolemode" followed by black screen and another list of text that I could not even capture on camera (so fast).
Yes that sounds about right. But please don't forget to fill in the UUID and board serials and your ROM (MAC value from your Ethernet card) in the PlatformInfo/Datahub section

Reactions: JBX
Thanks for that.

If you are using a USB installer, you need to minimise the number of kexts being loaded in the installer.
At a bare minimum you'll need Lilu, Whatevergreen, VirtualSMC and USBInjectAll (deselect the rest). Under Device/Properties you can remove most of the items barring the Intel iGPU. ACPIs should be okay and left as is.

In addition you need to press Spacebar at OC GUI and then select Reset NVRAM before rebooting with your USB stick again and then selecting the Installer. Otherwise previous config.plist settings may be loaded.

Middleman, I took out some kext but don't I need to have FakePCIID.kext?

I am trying to take out anything related to wifi, BT and thunderbold as I don't have those. Also I noticed the config has iMacPro not iMac18,3.

I tested some changes but still it re-boots after end setconsolemode.

Last edited:

I am trying to take out anything related to wifi, BT and thunderbold as I don't have those. Also I noticed the config has iMacPro not iMac18,3.

Right. Well the file is from my actual build, and iMacPro1,1 was a new setting I’d been testing recently. If you change it back to iMac18,3 it should work for High Sierra.

Yes take out FakePCIID for now. I was using it for the Intel HDMI Audio out.

Also try to disable CSM in BIOS to prevent this error.

Yes CSM is disabled... I know I have to play around with this a while. From my work with Catalina and Bir Sur on my board I know some SMBIOS work better than others at least for initial install. I am just not familiar with iGPU nor spoofing CPU. I will see if I can slim things down and test some more. Thanks

Update: so far with some changes I can at least get to where this screen just sits there and I can take a pic.
DSC_4936.JPG

Last edited:
FYI before I forget the device-id for your iGPU has been set to headless mode (0300C59B) meaning it only does calculations only while outputting to the AMD, so it should work with the AMD being set as output.

Just make sure the AGPMInjector kext has been enabled, because that's an important part of the setup (its for your AMD).

There's no need to set any more CPU spoofing because I've already set this under CPUID1Data. It is set to Coffee Lake, which is the most compatible setup for Comet Lake under High Sierra. If you do not have this setting it simply will not boot. Plus the config file has certain edits which make it different to others. If you are to edit the file, make sure you are using Propertree or Opencore Configurator 0.6.5. Don't use any later versions of Opencore Configurator as this could mess up the file.

I am only using ProperTree to edit. I see 0300C59B and AGPMInjector is enabled. I also did not change or add CPUID1Data.

Still regarding kext. Do I need to have FakePCIID.kext? (but not FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext).

I am only using ProperTree to edit. I see 0300C59B and AGPMInjector is enabled. I also did not change or add CPUID1Data.

Still regarding kext. Do I need to have FakePCIID.kext? (but not FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext).
FakePCIID.kext doesn't do anything on it's own... best to remove

Reactions: JBX
Back