Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC 10.13.6 Z490 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme + Core i5 10400 / i9 11900K + Nvidia GTX 1060

with no succes i tryded to config usb ports but stull can get keyboard or mouse activated.

with no succes i tryded to config usb ports but stull can get keyboard or mouse activated.

Me too.. I did a remap but no success. All USB ports are inactive..

In that case you may need to enable one of the two USB keyboard/mouse EFI drivers in your EFI/OC/Drivers. Enable USBMouseDXE.efi by adding it to your config.plist under the UEFI/Drivers section and that should work.

Hey Middleman happy new year, i just installed High Sierra on my Z590 Vision G and Z590 Aorus Elite Ax, it was easy as 1 2 3 . same as i did it on z490 a few month ago. the trick is to make keyboard and mouse active by using 400 or 500 series ssdt. Good luck ppl and have a happy hack.
i am trying to install Sierra on z590 Elite Ax now and hope it will work, will let you updated

Hello, I have finally installed high sierra on my auros z490 elite ac i7 10700k gtx 1080.
For the usb problem i have removed acpi files and created new acpi finally it worked out for me.

Attachments

• USB EFI.zip
    12.9 MB · Views: 53
@Middleman and all hello from Greece! Finally success on installing High Sierra on Asus z590 prime with i5 11600K!! I have been struggling with it for so long...Used opencore 0.7.6 because previous versions did not work at all. Anyway my issue is that after installation I updated to latest High Sierra and then installed the drivers for my Nvidia GTX 970. But after reboot, I got a black screen... Tried everything from Dortania guide, all the boot args and nothing works.. I can only boot into the system with nvda_disable=1. Does anybody have a suggestion on how to deal with this? Also my ethernet does not work(l225).. I am using a usb dongle for now but it would be excellent if I could have it working! I can provide you also screenshots from OCC if you want. Here is my EFI . Thank you all guys, you have been inspiring!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.4 MB · Views: 48
@Middleman and all hello from Greece! Finally success on installing High Sierra on Asus z590 prime with i5 11600K!! I have been struggling with it for so long...Used opencore 0.7.6 because previous versions did not work at all. Anyway my issue is that after installation I updated to latest High Sierra and then installed the drivers for my Nvidia GTX 970. But after reboot, I got a black screen... Tried everything from Dortania guide, all the boot args and nothing works.. I can only boot into the system with nvda_disable=1. Does anybody have a suggestion on how to deal with this? Also my ethernet does not work(l225).. I am using a usb dongle for now but it would be excellent if I could have it working! I can provide you also screenshots from OCC if you want. Here is my EFI . Thank you all guys, you have been inspiring!
Hi Dimileon,

Congrats on getting it going! As for the Nvidia card setting you could try using this in your boot-arg instead of nv_disable=1 > nvda_drv_vrl=1

As for the I255-V setting, one of my Z490 EFI builds for High Sierra had a working I255-V setting. I believe it was a kernel patch I had to add plus the Fake PCIID Intel I255-V kext. Check if the I255-V patch has been enabled under ACPI > Kernel Patches in my High Sierra EFIs.

Hi Dimileon,

Congrats on getting it going! As for the Nvidia card setting you could try using this in your boot-arg instead of nv_disable=1 > nvda_drv_vrl=1

As for the I255-V setting, one of my Z490 EFI builds for High Sierra had a working I255-V setting. I believe it was a kernel patch I had to add plus the Fake PCIID Intel I255-V kext. Check if the I255-V patch has been enabled under ACPI > Kernel Patches in my High Sierra EFIs.
Hello again!
Nothing works.. I have scavenged the internet. I can only boot with nv_disable=1, which means no graphics acceleration and no Ethernet support with kernel patch. Maybe is my mobo that refuses to load everything correctly.. If I boot with nvda_drv_vrl=1 I get kernel panic(see attachments) other ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20220130_140627.jpg
    IMG_20220130_140627.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20220130_140618.jpg
    IMG_20220130_140618.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 56
Hello again!
Nothing works.. I have scavenged the internet. I can only boot with nv_disable=1, which means no graphics acceleration and no Ethernet support with kernel patch. Maybe is my mobo that refuses to load everything correctly.. If I boot with nvda_drv_vrl=1 I get kernel panic(see attachments) other ideas?
Right. For the Ethernet my guide says 'If you are using Big Sur 11.2 or older such as Catalina you will need to enable the two kexts - FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V plus the Intel I-225V kernel patch'. Which means that's what you also need to do for High Sierra.

As for the Nvidia card it should work, but you may need to disable your IGPU in BIOS and set the graphics to PCIE only. As for the panic, check your config.plist and see if any Intel-related boot-args are present - that could be the problem. Also a possible issue for no botting is if no Coffee Lake CPUID spoofing was used - for High Sierra Coffee Lake is a must. Btw for the Nvidia you can only choose one setting ie. nv_disable=1 OR nvda_drv_vrl=1 not both.

Back