Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC 10.13.6 Z490 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme + Core i5 10400 / i9 11900K + Nvidia GTX 1060

Will experiment further with SSDTTime patches & report back when done. Hackintool doesn't see any audio devices, the DP audio appears to be activated by the Nvidia web driver.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 19.39.55.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 19.39.55.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Generated SSDT-HPET (the others I had previously generated), but this didn't help. Removed the HPET patch.
DP audio still there, but no onboard audio.
maybe worth checking over:

Thanks for this interesting and useful post that opens the doors to several people who still need the high sierra system.

I wanted to ask you if this EFI works with the Gigabyte Z490 UD board with an i3 10100 processor, and in case it doesn't work what changes I should make to it.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for this interesting and useful post that opens the doors to several people who still need the high sierra system.

I wanted to ask you if this EFI works with the Gigabyte Z490 UD board with an i3 10100 processor, and in case it doesn't work what changes I should make to it.

Thanks in advance.
It should work as is. Only issue could be the IGPU device-id and AAPL,ig-platform-id would need to match the i3 chip’s IGPU you have if you’re using Big Sur 11.2 onwards. You can check this under the Intel ARK page for your chip’s IGPU. It may show something like C59B in which case you type it in reverse-byte-order as 00009BC5 for the AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id as 9BC50000. If you are using the High Sierra EFI there’s no need to change the IGPU section.

Hi there Middleman, I been using your EFI for HighSierra to install macOS on my PC, after a couple hours of work I finnally solved some problems, but now I am stuck at the installer, hope you can help me
At the moment of install it only shows "reinstall macOS", also all others but no "Install macOS", I got a 500GB HDD ready to install but the Install option is not there, also click on "reinstall macOS" doesn't work either, got any idea?
I Can post my EFI folder made from yours if needed

Hi there Middleman, I been using your EFI for HighSierra to install macOS on my PC, after a couple hours of work I finnally solved some problems, but now I am stuck at the installer, hope you can help me
At the moment of install it only shows "reinstall macOS", also all others but no "Install macOS", I got a 500GB HDD ready to install but the Install option is not there, also click on "reinstall macOS" doesn't work either, got any idea?
I Can post my EFI folder made from yours if needed
It could be any kind of problem that is causing that. If you’re not seeing the drives it could be a connection issue or BIOS settings issue. You need to have AHCI mode, XHCI-handoff and perhaps UEFI & Legacy boot enabled in BIOS, and need the main target drive you’re installing to be connected on the internal SATA chain. Otherwise the system won’t see it. It could also be caused by any extra Windows/Linux drives you may have attached to the system - more than 2 drives on the drive device chain and the macOS installer will not show up. Would also help if you format the target drive as GUID partition HFS format.
If you have formatted the main drive as APFS and you don’t have the Opencore APFS driver in your EFI added that could also be the issue (if you don’t see the drive under the installer).

It could be any kind of problem that is causing that. If you’re not seeing the drives it could be a connection issue or BIOS settings issue. You need to have AHCI mode, XHCI-handoff and perhaps UEFI & Legacy boot enabled in BIOS, and need the main target drive you’re installing to be connected on the internal SATA chain. Otherwise the system won’t see it. It could also be caused by any extra Windows/Linux drives you may have attached to the system - more than 2 drives on the drive device chain and the macOS installer will not show up. Would also help if you format the target drive as GUID partition HFS format.
If you have formatted the main drive as APFS and you don’t have the Opencore APFS driver in your EFI added that could also be the issue (if you don’t see the drive under the installer).
Thanks for a fast reply!
Cannot remember if I touched XHCI-Handoff
AHCI is enabled, UEFI Legacy Enabled
The HDD is in a internal sata connected
I got 3 Drives connected maybe that could be the issue?
SSD (Windows)
1st HDD (Games)
2nd HDD (The one for macOS) (This one is ready for macOS GUID Partition)
"extra Windows/Linux drives" I was thinking of that since you mentioned, I had Zorin OS and pearOS before, I might have to clean my 1st HDD since I had them there? This one is kinda empty just full of games
I attatched a pic of how my Install does it look, exactly like that (but in Spanish thats why I took one from google)

Attachments

• macos-high-sierra-recovery-mode-reinstall-macOS-9e3947eb062f4f85bf2fc5ff17e0032f.jpg
    macos-high-sierra-recovery-mode-reinstall-macOS-9e3947eb062f4f85bf2fc5ff17e0032f.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 38
Yes I would think your extra Windows drive may be causing the issue of it not showing up.

Back