Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC 10.13.6 Z490 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme + Core i5 10400 / i9 11900K + Nvidia GTX 1060

Hi Bajayhans,

Okay, so I've had a look at your board specs and edited the EFI file with v2.25 Opencore Configurator according to how it should be set.

These are some of the changes I've made:

- Disabled SSDT-TB3HP for Thunderbolt and the Airport kexts for the WiFi (as it has no WiFi card slot)
- Removed the Aquantia and Intel 2.5Gbe LAN device properties and other properties (for failsafe booting)
- Changed the IGPU device id to Coffee Lake spoofed to 0300923E (as you have a i7-10700)
- Added shikigva=256 for Nvidia acceleration for your GTX970

I'd also updated the OC boot files to v0.6.5. Apparently they were still on v0.6.1 (my mistake). It should work better overall now. All you have to do is add in your own serials into the Platforminfo section (where I've marked the fields that needs to be completed). You will need to generate your own serials, UUID and ROM value. ROM can be your Ethernet card's LAN address. It may be found either in your BIOS as a device or Windows device manager under the Realtek LAN.

You'll need to enable your IGPU in BIOS and set it to either Auto or enabled and connect the system via the Nvidia card. If and when it successfully boots into macOS you'll also have to add the Nvidia CUDA and Nvidia webdrivers. But overall it should work. Give it a try.
Sorry, I ran into a problem at the beginning. I checked the information and it seems that oc didn't catch "FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext", but it is stored in the folder.

Attachments

• p1.png
    p1.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 42
  • p2.png
    p2.png
    39 KB · Views: 39
- Added shikigva=256 for Nvidia acceleration for your GTX970
that boot argument has nothing to do with enabling hardware acceleration for any video cards

that boot argument has nothing to do with enabling hardware acceleration for any video cards
Actually it does. Because it comes from the Whatevergreen changelog:

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 7.22.48 AM.png

Shikigva=128 has been used to drive AMD cards before and shikigva=256 is the Nvidia equivalent as far as I am aware. It has worked for me when I run my GTX 1060 on the Z490 under High Sierra.

Actually it does. Because it comes from the Whatevergreen changelog:

View attachment 522984
Shikigva=128 has been used to drive AMD cards before and shikigva=256 is the Nvidia equivalent as far as I am aware. It has worked for me when I run my GTX 1060 on the Z490 under High Sierra.
that is different to getting hardware acceleration working :)

Hi Middleman, thank you for your help, I have successfully installed high sierra, I really appreciate it.

Hi Middleman, thank you for your help, I have successfully installed high sierra, I really appreciate it.
Great to hear! And you're welcome! :thumbup:

I tried the EFI file attached in the post and tried a few others and changing values with no success
this is what I get
ACPI Error.jpeg

double-checked the BIOS setting and everything seems fine

These are my specs:
I9-11900k
Asus Z590-A
trying to install it on a Crucial P2 250GB M.2
and use the IGPU
I just need to boot it so I can use Xcode

I tried the EFI file attached in the post and tried a few others and changing values with no success
this is what I get
View attachment 523287

double-checked the BIOS setting and everything seems fine

These are my specs:
I9-11900k
Asus Z590-A
trying to install it on a Crucial P2 250GB M.2
and use the IGPU
I just need to boot it so I can use Xcode
Hi there,

First of all which EFI did you use? Please can you state the name of it?
Secondly which version of macOS are you trying to install? ie. High Sierra/Mojave/Catalina/Big Sur?
I see you also have a Nvidia RTX 3080 in your build profile. If you have it installed
it is best to remove it first, and just purely try the Intel IGPU to see if it boots.

I am happy to say that I finally snagged a new GPU today. After months of waiting I finally got what I wanted for my build - a Gigabyte Aorus Master Nvidia RTX 3070 (which arrived earlier today).

My original intent for the Z490 build was to have it fitted with a Nvidia RTX 3080 FE, but not being able to get hold of one for months (at a price I could agree with), I decided to change my choice. So the Aorus Master 3070 it has become. Hopefully will be putting it through its paces soon.

Back