Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC 10.13.6 Z490 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme + Core i5 10400 / i9 11900K + Nvidia GTX 1060

I see. Try and change it to 030005FF and 05FF0003 respectively and see if that helps.
But I see you still haven't added in my framebuffer-con settings either (which should be like this).

View attachment 522046

You're welcome :D
I had all those Framebuffer in there but removed it. with that in for some reason it kept going in verbose mode showing updating and could not make out most of it because it was so fast, with those it boots

I had all those Framebuffer in there but removed it. with that in for some reason it kept going in verbose mode showing updating and could not make out most of it because it was so fast, with those it boots

Please start or stick to your own thread with these problems.

@Middleman is being extremely helpful BUT your hardware us nothing like the system in this thread.

What's more, other builders with similar hardware will see it and perhaps offer help.

Also note: you seem to have a hardware problem with your GT710 as it is a natively supported card and should not prevent boot.

To set your iGPU as headless explore spoofing to Coffee Lake.

@suren6791

I forgot to mention, try adding shikigva=40 to the boot-arg. That should enable your GT710 card.

Anyways thought to inform everyone, there's some new drivers for the Z490 Aorus Xtreme on Gigabyte's website
including new a Intel I-225V firmware update, SATA, WIFI and new Thunderbolt drivers >

@suren6791

I forgot to mention, try adding shikigva=40 to the boot-arg. That should enable your GT710 card.
Thanks, will give that a shot. I did some research further and getting a little more ahead with this but is it possible if you can assist on the thread I created, I don't want to get shot down again

hi Middleman,

I tried to install high sierra with your EFI file, but after entering OC and choosing to install, it will reboot after seeing the Apple logo for a moment and cannot enter the installation screen. I'm using Gigabyte Z490 UD + i7-10700 + GTX960. Please tell me what edits to make in config.plist and kext under my system for a successful installation?

Attachments

• S__393617411.jpg
    S__393617411.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • EFI.zip
    13 MB · Views: 50
hi Middleman,

I tried to install high sierra with your EFI file, but after entering OC and choosing to install, it will reboot after seeing the Apple logo for a moment and cannot enter the installation screen. I'm using Gigabyte Z490 UD + i7-10700 + GTX960. Please tell me what edits to make in config.plist and kext under my system for a successful installation?
Sorry, I uploaded the wrong config.plist before modification, here is the new one, thank you!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    13 MB · Views: 68
hi Middleman,

Hi Bajayhans,

Okay, so I've had a look at your board specs and edited the EFI file with v2.25 Opencore Configurator according to how it should be set.

These are some of the changes I've made:

- Disabled SSDT-TB3HP for Thunderbolt and the Airport kexts for the WiFi (as it has no WiFi card slot)
- Removed the Aquantia and Intel 2.5Gbe LAN device properties and other properties (for failsafe booting)
- Changed the IGPU device id to Coffee Lake spoofed to 0300923E (as you have a i7-10700)
- Added shikigva=256 for Nvidia acceleration for your GTX970

I'd also updated the OC boot files to v0.6.5. Apparently they were still on v0.6.1 (my mistake). It should work better overall now. All you have to do is add in your own serials into the Platforminfo section (where I've marked the fields that needs to be completed). You will need to generate your own serials, UUID and ROM value. ROM can be your Ethernet card's LAN address. It may be found either in your BIOS as a device or Windows device manager under the Realtek LAN.

You'll need to enable your IGPU in BIOS and set it to either Auto or enabled and connect the system via the Nvidia card. If and when it successfully boots into macOS you'll also have to add the Nvidia CUDA and Nvidia webdrivers. But overall it should work. Give it a try.

Attachments

• bajayhans-EFI copy OC 0.6.5.zip
    18.4 MB · Views: 65
Hi Bajayhans,

Okay, so I've had a look at your board specs and edited the EFI file with v2.25 Opencore Configurator according to how it should be set.

These are some of the changes I've made:

- Disabled SSDT-TB3HP for Thunderbolt and the Airport kexts for the WiFi (as it has no WiFi card slot)
- Removed the Aquantia and Intel 2.5Gbe LAN device properties and other properties (for failsafe booting)
- Changed the IGPU device id to Coffee Lake spoofed to 0300923E (as you have a i7-10700)
- Added shikigva=256 for Nvidia acceleration for your GTX970n
I'd also updated the OC boot files to v0.6.5. Apparently they were still on v0.6.1 (my mistake). It should work better overall now. All you have to do is add in your own serials into the Platforminfo section (where I've marked the fields that needs to be completed). You will need to generate your own serials, UUID and ROM value. ROM can be your Ethernet card's LAN address. It may be found either in your BIOS as a device or Windows device manager under the Realtek LAN.

You'll need to enable your IGPU in BIOS and set it to either Auto or enabled and connect the system via the Nvidia card. If and when it successfully boots into macOS you'll also have to add the Nvidia CUDA and Nvidia webdrivers. But overall it should work. Give it a try.
Thanks a million for your help! I will try it .

Back