Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC 10.13.6 Z490 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme + Core i5 10400 / i9 11900K + Nvidia GTX 1060

Unfortunately, when you try to boot without an NVIDIA card on your advice, it still gives an error. It seems to me that the problem is in compatibility with the i5 10600k processor, since High Sierra installed on the SSD runs without problems on another Gigabyte H110m-S2H and i3 7100 system (though via the CLOVER bootloader)
may require Catalina or Big Sur with your CPU

Unfortunately, when you try to boot without an NVIDIA card on your advice, it still gives an error. It seems to me that the problem is in compatibility with the i5 10600k processor, since High Sierra installed on the SSD runs without problems on another Gigabyte H110m-S2H and i3 7100 system (though via the CLOVER bootloader)
Your CPU isn't the big problem. It is a Comet Lake chip which means it is still based on the Skylake architecture compatible with macOS, which means that CPU spoofing should still work. It worked on my Z490/i5 10500 CML setup before. FYI I have spoofed the Coffee Lake system EB060900 on the Kernel settings in your EFI. However I think it could be your Z590 chipset and/or SMBIOS, which may be causing issues. If you haven't added any SMBIOS serials you'll need those too before installing. For High Sierra I'd stick with iMac 18,3.

If that's the case you could try two things: 1) Spoof EA060900 00000000 00000000 00000000 in the CPUIDData and see if that boots. This is the CPUID for 8th gen Coffee Lake. Whilst this may pick up in High Sierra, your device properties may have to change for the Intel IGPU from 00009BC5 to 0000923E and 923E0000 for both lines (AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id) if booting from Intel or 0300923E and 923E0003 if booting from Nvidia.

If it doesn't work then you will have to move onto Catalina 10.15.7 at least (which has Comet Lake support). Simply remove CPUID1Data & CPUID1Mask data (remove both lines before proceeding) and use 923E for the IGPU device ids but use iMac20,2 as SMBIOS. The Z590 board with Comet Lake CPU is also covered by Ochang's build here, but you'll need to use nvda_drv_vrl=1 as boot-args instead of agdpmod=pikera as you use the Nvidia card > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ohchangs-build-gigabyte-z590-vision-g-i7-10700k-amd-rx580.310986/

When downloading via iGPU, the download seems to be successful, but at the last moment the HDMI signal falls off. When trying to boot with the settings for NVIDIA, an error appears (as I understand it, related to the NVIDIA Web Driver). Please check my EFI versions for possible errors made by me. Thank you very much in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_9426.jpg
    IMG_9426.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 49
  • EFI on IGPU.rar
    7.5 MB · Views: 65
  • EFI on NVIDIA.rar
    7.5 MB · Views: 58
When downloading via iGPU, the download seems to be successful, but at the last moment the HDMI signal falls off. When trying to boot with the settings for NVIDIA, an error appears (as I understand it, related to the NVIDIA Web Driver). Please check my EFI versions for possible errors made by me. Thank you very much in advance!
I see you used Ochang's build instead. That's okay, try this one for the Intel IGPU. You had AMD Radeonboost enabled which would have affected the booting up. But please add in the ROM value in SMBIOS (which was empty) - I've currently set it to '11 22 33 44 55 66' but you must replace it - this is your Ethernet port's MAC address value (which can be found using Windows or Linux device system properties).

Attachments

• rekurs-EFI-1.zip
    8 MB · Views: 71
Unfortunately, this did not help either. When booting with a given EFI and a disconnected NVIDIA, the boot starts, and stops at an error:

smc light sensor als:0 No iterator

After that, the signal to the monitor and the black screen disappear.

Attachments

• IMG_9433.PNG
    IMG_9433.PNG
    5 MB · Views: 54
Unfortunately, this did not help either. When booting with a given EFI and a disconnected NVIDIA, the boot starts, and stops at an error:

smc light sensor als:0 No iterator

After that, the signal to the monitor and the black screen disappear.
SMCBatteryManager.kext is for laptop system

the EFI/OS/Kext folder is missing SMCBatteryManager.kext
your screenshot shows it is trying to load

best to reset your nvram at the opencore boot menu/picker screen

After reset nvram the boot starts, and stops at an error:

Attachments

• IMG_9436.jpeg
    IMG_9436.jpeg
    556.4 KB · Views: 53
After reset nvram the boot starts, and stops at an error:
strange as you can still see the message about SMCBatteryManager.kext trying to load

sure you are booting from the correct EFI?

Back