Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC 10.13.6 Z490 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme + Core i5 10400 / i9 11900K + Nvidia GTX 1060

No way, same result. Can't install SO, apple logo loop.
If you think about something else...
Thanks a lot
Try to install it without the Nvidia card - remove the card from your system and use the Intel HDMI port.
Then change the AAPL,ig-platform-id device properties of the Intel UHD Graphics to 00009B3E and make sure the device-id is also 9B3E0000.

Try to install it without the Nvidia card - remove the card from your system and use the Intel HDMI port.
Then change the AAPL,ig-platform-id device properties of the Intel UHD Graphics to 00009B3E and make sure the device-id is also 9B3E0000.
No results, impossible to install. I put to see the console: "End RandomSeed" anyway.
Thanks a lot, really. It's difficult to find the solution, I know.

Right. End Randomseed is something to do with the UEFI memory drivers or the way the memory is arranged. First you should be using Opencore 0.6.5 and second you need to make sure you have OpenRuntime.efi in your EFI drivers list. Try enabling Above 4G Decoding in BIOS using the current EFI.

Right. End Randomseed is something to do with the UEFI memory drivers or the way the memory is arranged. First you should be using Opencore 0.6.5 and second you need to make sure you have OpenRuntime.efi in your EFI drivers list. Try enabling Above 4G Decoding in BIOS using the current EFI.
No results again. End RandomSeed continue. Openruntime.efi is in my drivers list and I'm using opencore 0.6.5 because I'm using your EFI folder, it's all ok. It could be the H470 motherboard? in this case, the solution will be to buy a Z490 , right?
Thanks.

Nope. Replacing the motherboard won't solve the issue. Your H470 motherboard is compatible. You cannot just rely purely on my guide to get you there, because my guide is for my setup which could slightly differ from yours. I can direct you to another guide here if you wish for H470 > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-h470-10400-rx580-11-2-2.310920/ but you must try and diagnose the issue if you can (because I can only do so much for you). You can work 'backwards' from Big Sur. The best way to this would be: get it working in Big Sur first (so that you know it runs), and then using Propertree, compare the two lists from both EFI folders (H470 Big Sur and Z490 High Sierra), see what is different in each and then use that to gradually eliminate the issues. Make it a challenge to get it working.

Hi, I have a Gigabyte z590m + i5 10600k + Nvidia 1050 TI. I try to run the installation of High Sierra using your EFI file, but the installation does not work. Please tell me what edits to make in config.plist under my system for a successful installation?

Okay Reksurs,

I have created an edit of my latest EFI for High Sierra 10.13.6 for you here, see if this works.
It is using Opencore 0.6.5. If you want to edit it yourself, make sure you are using either ProperTree or Opencore Configurator 0.6.5. only (because using later versions of Opencore Configurator on a 0.6.5. config file will break it).

I have taken into account you're using a Core i5-10600K on a Z590M board with Intel Gbe ethernet and Nvidia GTX enabled.

As well as adding in the serials, UUID and ROM values for the EFI SMBIOS settings before use, you need to make sure the following is set in BIOS:
Extreme Memory Profile - Enabled Profile1
Above 4G Decoding - Enabled
Resizeable Bar - Disabled
VT-d - Disabled
Initial Display Output - PCIe1 slot (as you're using Nvidia)
XHCI Handoff - Enabled
CFGLock - Disabled
Windows10 Features - Other OS
CSM Support - Disabled

I'm not sure if the sound settings will work, you'll need to check. It's currently set to alcid=7 (same as mine). I believe yours is a Realtek ALC1200, so you can refer to the Dortania guide here for the layout-ids. > https://github.com/acidanthera/applealc/wiki/supported-codecs

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    13 MB · Views: 102
Thanks! When I try to boot with this EFI, I get this error. The settings in the BIOS are all set, except for the Initial Display Output (I did not find this item in my BIOS). Using the GenSMBIOS utility, I set the UUID on the iMac 18.3 or mac pro 1.1 - but without success

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 62
Thanks! When I try to boot with this EFI, I get this error. The settings in the BIOS are all set, except for the Initial Display Output (I did not find this item in my BIOS). Using the GenSMBIOS utility, I set the UUID on the iMac 18.3 or mac pro 1.1 - but without success
Okay, try this. Go to Misc > Security and set the Securebootmodel to Disabled and try booting with this setting.

As for the Initial Display Output, that's the video output setting.

If you still have boot issues, you may need to first remove your Nvidia card, set your BIOS and cable to boot from Intel IGPU HDMI slot and then change the device properties for the Intel IGPU like this back to normal:

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
Key: AAPL, ig-platform-id
Value: 0000C59B
Type: DATA

Key: device-id
Value: C59B0000
Type: DATA

You may also need to remove shikigva=256 from the boot-args.

Once you are able to boot in, install the Nvidia drivers and then revert to the earlier device property and boot-arg settings.

Unfortunately, when you try to boot without an NVIDIA card on your advice, it still gives an error. It seems to me that the problem is in compatibility with the i5 10600k processor, since High Sierra installed on the SSD runs without problems on another Gigabyte H110m-S2H and i3 7100 system (though via the CLOVER bootloader)

Attachments

• IMG_9425.jpg
    IMG_9425.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 40
Back