Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC 10.13.6 Z490 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme + Core i5 10400 / i9 11900K + Nvidia GTX 1060

all of them.
you obviously need to be more specific in what you are trying to do, also zipping and uploading your EFI

i zipped and uploaded my kexts into EFI and i still get nothing.

Hello to MiddleMan, Feartech and co.

Reporting back: It’s been a wonderful 8 months or so with minimal issues on my setup.

Recently I’ve started having a lot of issues with WebDrivers, and I wanted to see if anyone else has.

A while back, I started having boot issues (IOGraphicsFlag 0x3 0x51). reinstalled High Sierra, installed -006 security update, and updated to the (most recently supported, certificate renewed) Nvidia drivers.

System wouldn’t initially boot. Eventually removed the nvda_drv_vrl=1 boot flag, system booted. Awesome! But at the next attempt, no dice. But the time after? Success!

Since then booting macOS has been a gamble. My go to routine is resetting the NVRAM and attempting boot, alternating between identical internal and external EFI’s. Eventually it always works.

I figured it might be reliable if I set my config file to boot cacheless. No dice. Boot args don’t seem to do much. SIP and spctl disabled.

When webdrivers don’t want to work, it’s always:

IOGraphicsFlags 0x3 (0x51)
DSMOS Has Arrived
(Eventual Reboot)

But again, with enough attempts and NVRAM resets, things boot normally.

It’s wild to me that it’s High Sierra running Comet Lake and it’s hung up on supported hardware!

Best to all

-Kyle

Hello to MiddleMan, Feartech and co.

Reporting back: It’s been a wonderful 8 months or so with minimal issues on my setup.

Recently I’ve started having a lot of issues with WebDrivers, and I wanted to see if anyone else has.

A while back, I started having boot issues (IOGraphicsFlag 0x3 0x51). reinstalled High Sierra, installed -006 security update, and updated to the (most recently supported, certificate renewed) Nvidia drivers.

System wouldn’t initially boot. Eventually removed the nvda_drv_vrl=1 boot flag, system booted. Awesome! But at the next attempt, no dice. But the time after? Success!

Since then booting macOS has been a gamble. My go to routine is resetting the NVRAM and attempting boot, alternating between identical internal and external EFI’s. Eventually it always works.

I figured it might be reliable if I set my config file to boot cacheless. No dice. Boot args don’t seem to do much. SIP and spctl disabled.

When webdrivers don’t want to work, it’s always:

IOGraphicsFlags 0x3 (0x51)
DSMOS Has Arrived
(Eventual Reboot)

But again, with enough attempts and NVRAM resets, things boot normally.

It’s wild to me that it’s High Sierra running Comet Lake and it’s hung up on supported hardware!

Best to all

-Kyle
Hi Kyle (and everyone :wave:),

The problem sounds to be two possible issues. It could be that a) you haven't defragged your drive properly with either Disk Utility and the precache isn't correctly set, which results in the bootup becoming intermittent OR b) it could be you could have failing RAM or hardware. I would suggest to run a MemTest86 check on your setup and see if any of the RAM chips have failed. It could also be the video card itself that is affected. You may have to run a few Windows based PC graphics card benchmarks to see if that is the case (if glitches appear in the test). If it does then it means the card may be causing the issues.

As for sticking with High Sierra and the GTX1070, due to the age of the OS it might be a much better idea to get a cheaper AMD card like a RX580 or RX6600 and be able to run the likes of Monterey on it instead.

Is flashing the onboard TB3 on Mojave @ Z490 the only way to get TB3 work?

I have UAD-2 DSP TB3 (no Apollo), which I'd like to use on that machine.
I've never flashed anything in my life :) but maybe it's not that complicated...

@davorr It can be done. I've done it for the B550 Vision D so it shouldn't be hard.
But you'll need to find a good guide for the Z490.

Would this guide work with Alder Lake too? Or is 11th gen the end of the line for High Sierra?

@tr0gd0r this guide works with Comet Lake (10th gen) - but Comet Lake can be upgraded beyond High Sierra if you have the right GPU ie. AMD RX580, RX6600/6800. 11th gen is Rocket Lake. Rocket Lake on a Z490 can run High Sierra and beyond but the CPU needs to be spoofed to Comet Lake values for it to work. If you have a Rocket Lake CPU on Z590 however it may be very hard or impossible to run High Sierra on it. In this case I'd suggest Monterey instead and using a AMD RX580, RX6600/6800 card like my Z590 build here > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...igabyte-vision-d-i9-11900k-amd-rx6600.317472/

Hi @Middleman , I have followed this guide and tried to install High Sierra with https://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/rekurs-efi-1-zip.520923/. The system booted but I didn't had wifi/ethernet, and it says "Recovery Server can't be connected". Do I absolutely need to have internet connect or is there another way to build the installer usb that would install everything from usb?

thanks for quick reply

Back