Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC 10.13.6 Z490 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme + Core i5 10400 / i9 11900K + Nvidia GTX 1060

Hi everyone. I know this is an old thread but I've hit a wall trying to run High Sierra.

I have 2 EFI's that both boot.

One does work with Webdrivers (and I think Ethernet), but not a single USB port.

The other, All USB ports work, but no ethernet, and WebDrivers don't work.

I wanted to combine them into one, cohesive EFI where Webdrivers, Ethernet, and USB all work.

I have tried: Swapping and Mixing a whole bunch of combinations of ACPI's, Kexts, and Drivers, using every different string of Boot Args I can think of, Disabling SIP, Reinstalling the OS, etc.

I feel like the issue is simple, but outside of my scope.

If anyone with more skill can help, I'd really appreciate it. I've attached Both EFI's, my PCI Device files from Hackintool, and (just in case) my USBToolBox kexts.

Thanks to everyone who posted before.
Ok @farewelltoernest,
I've had a look at your build and done the required updates. See if this EFI works.

As to your issues why the ones before didn't work:
In your No USB EFI you didn't have any USB kexts or USB SSDTs installed, namely USBInjectAll & USBPorts.kext. USBInjectAll is a general USB kext while USBPorts is a custom USB kext created using a USB port detection script using Corpnewt's USBMap tool on Github. While you should only enable ONE of these kexts for the USB, it does require the installation of SSDT-EC as well as SSDT-USBW. SSDT-SBUS-MCHC is also required as it is the serial bus manager driver (only needed on Z490 motherboards onwards). SSDT-EC & SSDT-EC-USBX are similar SSDTs which provide power/function to the USB system and Embedded Controler (EC), but on some systems some work better with SSDT-EC than SSDT-EC-USBX. Yours is an Asus motherboard which also requires use of SSDT-RHUB. For the ethernet Intelmausi.kext is the required kext for your Intel 1GB LAN.

Also under High Sierra XHCIPortLimit quirk is NOT required. This is only needed for Big Sur builds onwards. It was enabled on your No Webdriver No Ethernet EFI which probably explains why the ethernet didn't work on that despite the USBPorts and relevant kexts installed. As for the webdriver settings, nvda_drv:31 is one of the settings that have been enabled under the NVRAM section in the first EFI, but it also requires the npci=0x2000 setting under the boot-arg to successfully enable the Nvidia card.

I noticed you haven't added your Intel IGPU details under the Device Properties section. While I have left it out for now, it would be a good idea to add it in later as otherwise you will possibly be missing Intel Quicksync functionality for HVEC/H.264 computations. It will require a PCIRoot path with AAPL-platform-id and device-id set up like this:

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 12.23.31 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 44
Ok @farewelltoernest,
I've had a look at your build and done the required updates. See if this EFI works.

As to your issues why the ones before didn't work:
In your No USB EFI you didn't have any USB kexts or USB SSDTs installed, namely USBInjectAll & USBPorts.kext. USBInjectAll is a general USB kext while USBPorts is a custom USB kext created using a USB port detection script using Corpnewt's USBMap tool on Github. While you should only enable ONE of these kexts for the USB, it does require the installation of SSDT-EC as well as SSDT-USBW. SSDT-SBUS-MCHC is also required as it is the serial bus manager driver (only needed on Z490 motherboards onwards). SSDT-EC & SSDT-EC-USBX are similar SSDTs which provide power/function to the USB system and Embedded Controler (EC), but on some systems some work better with SSDT-EC than SSDT-EC-USBX. Yours is an Asus motherboard which also requires use of SSDT-RHUB. For the ethernet Intelmausi.kext is the required kext for your Intel 1GB LAN.

Also under High Sierra XHCIPortLimit quirk is NOT required. This is only needed for Big Sur builds onwards. It was enabled on your No Webdriver No Ethernet EFI which probably explains why the ethernet didn't work on that despite the USBPorts and relevant kexts installed. As for the webdriver settings, nvda_drv:31 is one of the settings that have been enabled under the NVRAM section in the first EFI, but it also requires the npci=0x2000 setting under the boot-arg to successfully enable the Nvidia card.

I noticed you haven't added your Intel IGPU details under the Device Properties section. While I have left it out for now, it would be a good idea to add it in later as otherwise you will possibly be missing Intel Quicksync functionality for HVEC/H.264 computations. It will require a PCIRoot path with AAPL-platform-id and device-id set up like this:

View attachment 553675

Thank you so much for doing this, Middleman! Typing with a USB Keyboard on the internet connected hackintosh as we speak. Your EFI worked without a hitch!

Thank you so much for doing this, Middleman! Typing with a USB Keyboard on the internet connected hackintosh as we speak. Your EFI worked without a hitch!
Glad to hear it! I expected it as much. :thumbup:

Thank you for your guide. use your config,my mobo work very well.
But I have a question,
I use usbc to dp1.4 connect monitor in TB3,it can not use discreate, only use Integrated Graphics
Can it use discreate in TB3?

Thank you for your guide. use your config,my mobo work very well.
But I have a question,
I use usbc to dp1.4 connect monitor in TB3,it can not use discreate, only use Integrated Graphics
Can it use discreate in TB3?
Hi there,

If you check carefully there should be 3 config lists I’ve created in the latest EFI, the last of which is for AMD GPUs. If you rename that to config.plist it should work. I have it setup for the i9-10900K Intel Quicksync. As for the TB3 aside from the enabled SSDTs for TB3 (SSDT-DTPG, SSDT-TB3-HP) that also depends if you’ve fully flashed your Thunderbolt chip on your system (whether on the main board or via PCIe daughterboard). A fully flashed chip should offer you more functionality. If it is not flashed then that is harder to say. But I do know that devices plugged in at boot should be recognised).

Hi there,

If you check carefully there should be 3 config lists I’ve created in the latest EFI, the last of which is for AMD GPUs. If you rename that to config.plist it should work. I have it setup for the i9-10900K Intel Quicksync. As for the TB3 aside from the enabled SSDTs for TB3 (SSDT-DTPG, SSDT-TB3-HP) that also depends if you’ve fully flashed your Thunderbolt chip on your system (whether on the main board or via PCIe daughterboard). A fully flashed chip should offer you more functionality. If it is not flashed then that is harder to say. But I do know that devices plugged in at boot should be recognised).
Thanks for that.

I I will try fully flashed my Thunderbolt chip,whether it can be used fine in windows.

Thanks for that.

I I will try fully flashed my Thunderbolt chip,whether it can be used fine in windows.
You're welcome. Afaik the chip will function under macOS. But I have to say it may have reduced functionality with Windows (if at all) because the TB3 driver under Windows works differently.

And one other
Thanks for that.

Beg your pardon, I think I misread your first post when you mentioned 'discreate'. I thought it was a device haha!

You can certainly use the discrete graphics card (AMD GPU) alongside Thunderbolt 3. So long as you have enabled Whatevergreen.kext, and added the following also to the NVRAM settings - agdpmod=pikera unfairgva=1

If you flash the Thunderbolt 3 chip it simply offers you more functionality same as that of a real Mac Pro.

And one other

Beg your pardon, I think I misread your first post when you mentioned 'discreate'. I thought it was a device haha!

You can certainly use the discrete graphics card (AMD GPU) alongside Thunderbolt 3. So long as you have enabled Whatevergreen.kext, and added the following also to the NVRAM settings - agdpmod=pikera unfairgva=1

If you flash the Thunderbolt 3 chip it simply offers you more functionality same as that of a real Mac Pro.
Sorry, I didn't describe it clearly.
I mean, if you use the TB3 to output video, it's actually use igpu. I'll let it output by dgpu.
in widnows, it can output video with dgpu in TB3

Last edited:
Back