Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

@whatnameisit I just now finally booted into Catalina again. However facetime does not even let me log in. I remember there are some required steps for facetime and Messages on a h'tosh. I don't have any mind to start fiddling with that again, so I'll just blow that in Catalina. Nevertheless thank you for your hint!

Anybody else experiencing Kernel Panic with the new VoodooI2C 2.5? I do in both Mojave and Catalina, regardless if installed to /L/E or injected via Clover (have not tried OC yet).

Same here with VoodooI2C 2.5.1 -> KP. This time also tried with OC -> KP.

new VoodooI2C 2.6 does not work on my Vivo with ELAN1300 neither in Mojave ("No Trackpad found") nor in Catalina (found but behaves completely crazy). Big Sur Brother I don't have installed. Back to 2.5.2 = fine again.

Guys, take fully working EFI for Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2).​

Notebook: Asus VivoBook S14 S410.​

1. I'm using Clover EFI.
2. I didn't test it on Big Sur.
3. S14 and S15 configurations in most cases are the same.

Attachments

• Catalina 10.15.7(19H2) Sleep EFI.zip
    19.6 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
@Vitaminianos thanks for the share. Questions:

1. Clover or OpenCore EFI?
2. also tested and working with Big Sur 11.2.1?
2. You have a VivoBook S14 accdg. to your sig. How would you know this EFI also to be functional with our VivoBook S15's?

Brand-new release, v.11.0:
  • added Big Sur compatible OpenCore EFI (credits to whatnameisit)
  • added Big Sur compatible Clover EFI based on whatnameisit's OC EFI
  • updated all kexts and drivers
  • overall overhaul, improvements and refinements to the entire repo
  • added cool cosmic theme for OC and Clover boot GUI
  • moved repo over from tctien342/ saintno
-> Asus-Vivobook-S510UA-Hackintosh <-

Read the ReadMe completely at least once, download the latest release from over there, and follow all instructions all the way to the end!

Happy hack :)

hi Lee, I got here from your git

my laptop is S410UA, basically the same as yours except the wifi was change to a Dell 1820A card

I started with whatnameisit builds and then yours since I need the kb backlight
I ran into some issues on the 2nd and 3rd booting after Catalina 19H2 install

On the 2nd restart (after the loading bar with xx minutes) the verbose hang for a while here and there, then finally it stucked at this (I took a long nap and it still there after 4 hours)
IMG_1158.JPG

On the 3rd restart it stucked here (maybe not since I was in a hurry to get to work so I had to turn it off)
IMG_1159.JPG

then on the next boot catalina will up and running smoothly

Back