Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

Only problem I have is with the sleep and wake functions.. it goes to sleep and reboots once I try to wake how do I solve this?
@usayjoe in addition to updating VoodooI2C as outlined above, please change to MacBookPro15,2 in Clover Configrator SMBIOS section, save, reboot, and report back (in a few days).

Note that after reboot Spotlight will re-index which will take (and have your CPU fan run for) a while.

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 08.02.13.jpg

Which macOS - Catalina or Mojave?
Always, or only sometimes?
HI @bugsb
• Its MacOS Catalina 10.15.3
• It happens all the time.. the system goes to a blackscreen(keyboard backlight, Sound.. work) only the screen goes to deep sleep like thing after a min or so itll restart

good news: dhinakg has made a compile of the very latest VoodooI2C commits which already includes the new VoodooInput. It's working for me here: https://github.com/dhinakg/VoodooI2C/releases
• Okay Will try this :thumbup:

Last edited:
@usayjoe , What model is your stock networking device? Mine came with an Intel card. If yours is an Intel, zxystd and other developers are working on getting it to work properly. See if yours works with
HI @whatnameisit yes.. mine too.. is Intel Card, but today i dont know how it started to work.. i could connect to BT Speaker, only BT "ON/OFF" isnt workin.. rest its good.. will try the above as mentioned.. :thumbup:

Hey guys, do I need to patch my dsdt or something in order to install Catalina? I ****ed up everything when trying to update from Mojave to Catalina, and I’m not having success trying to install Catalina. When it gets to 2 minutes remaining for installing, my laptop just reboots and it goes to the recovery mode, where it asks for internet connection if I try to install Catalina. Help!

@ZuubuMafu : I didn't have to patch anything with my Vivobook. Please make sure you follow the BIOS settings advice, use the latest release and update the kexts.

If you still don't have any good luck, try one of whatnameisit's EFIs from his repo (preferably Clover, or otherwise OpenCore if you get along with is) for installing (download via the green "Clone or Download" button).

Last edited:

Last edited:
Only problem I have is with the sleep and wake functions.. it goes to sleep and reboots once I try to wake how do I solve this?
@usayjoe check out daninantro's findings!:
Vivobooks with dedicated GPU: please add the following bootflag in clover configurator BOOT section:
-wegnoegpu

This will disable dedicated gpu and solve brightness issue.. also it may conserve some battery.

Also, the sleep issue was solved after using boot flag:
darkwake=10
From what I know the first boot flag indeed needs to start with -, and the 2nd without.

@usayjoe check out daninantro's findings!:

From what I know the first boot flag indeed needs to start with -, and the 2nd without.
thanks for all the help on getting everything to work, I really appreciate that, because of your help I was finally able to install Catalina. The issue I'm facing is that iMessage is not working, and I'd like to know if you could help me on that, because the guides I found were meant for desktop, I don't know if the process for fixing it is different. I'm using a USB Wifi Dongle, the TP-Link WN725N.

.. am wrapped up in too many projects - can try reply as soon as I again have some wiggle room..

Last edited:
Back