Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

@ozil20167Q did you have any success if not with Catalina then with Mojave?

The release is 99% ready, just missing the final touches in the ReadME.md with instructions for best possible compatibility with most models. I'm off for a quick vacation now and hope to be able to update when I'm back on the week-end.

Last edited:
Ohhh than bugsb I've been using mojave for over a year now. and most of the parts are working fine. thank you for support

I will try with your kext for catalina thank you so much for this and sorry for lateness.

My laptop is Asus S510UQ with the same specs to him.
But why my battery is too BAD, on Windows it's maybe 5-6hrs but on Hackintosh it's just 2hrs while the temperature is around 5x *C. Please help me how to fix it, thanks !
Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 1.52.02 PM.png

@Quhuy0410 :
1) Mojave and /or Catalina, or same in both?
2) looked for processes in Activity Monitor (and killed if there is one or more hogging)?
3) which release from Asus-Vivobook-S510UA-Hackintosh - the latest or an older one?
4) any difference with or without the two CPU kexts?
5) any difference if default 15,4 SMBIOS model, or if 15,2 (you can manually boot with config-15,2.plist via Clover options)?
6) what do you use for Wi-Fi & Bluetooth - have you swapped your card - if so, with what? Or are you using a USB dongle?

@Quhuy0410 :
1) Mojave and /or Catalina, or same in both?
2) looked for processes in Activity Monitor (and killed if there is one or more hogging)?
3) which release from Asus-Vivobook-S510UA-Hackintosh - the latest or an older one?
4) any difference with or without the two CPU kexts?
5) any difference if default 15,4 SMBIOS model, or if 15,2 (you can manually boot with config-15,2.plist via Clover options)?
6) what do you use for Wi-Fi & Bluetooth - have you swapped your card - if so, with what? Or are you using a USB dongle?

I've tested on both Mojave and Catalina and the lasted from tctien342.
Now I'm using Mojave and an TP-Link USB Wifi.
Fortunately, I've changed SMBIOS to Macbook Air 8,2 and it seems to be fixed :O, in Activity Monitor it shows Remaining battery is about 3.5hrs, temperature is about 45 and above.
And another problem is when I clicked "Sleep", my laptop takes maybe 15s to completely sleep (before that the screen off but fan and usb devices still working) and sometimes it causes panic.
Could you suggest any methods to fix it and increase the battery life (it's still really bad compare to Windows 10) ? Thanks very much !

Last edited:
can only reply in short - maybe more when I'm back.

Fewtarius who used to have a Asus Vivobook hackintosh with the same CPU shared with us on ****** regarding model # for our kind of Vivobooks:
MacBookPro14,1 is for 7th gen Core CPUs, so it wouldn't be advisable to use it with an 8th gen. A lot of things could go wrong with that as macOS would load a board plist with parameters that don't match. Wouldn't be surprised to see usb and cpu frequency problems with it, etc. 15,4 and 15,2 are the best matches for an 8th gen Intel laptop. I did experiment with MacBookAir8,1(and2) as well as MacBook10,1 though and they each had their individual quirks with the 8th gen.
Maybe the "quirks" are your sleep panic issue. And yes, same here with ca. 15 secs until final sleep.

Have you tried 15,2, and is there any difference? Please mind:
  • For macOS a model change = a hardware change, so Spotlight WILL be re-indexing -> at first high CPU usage & fan spinning. In Activity Monitor you will see Spotlight processes like mds, mdworker, lsd etc.
Also you should remove the two CPU friend kexts, reboot, measure again.

Next configure accdg. to https://github.com/acidanthera/CPUFriend/blob/master/Instructions.md

can only reply in short - maybe more when I'm back.

Fewtarius who used to have a Asus Vivobook hackintosh with the same CPU shared with us on ****** regarding model # for our kind of Vivobooks:

Maybe the "quirks" are your sleep panic issue. And yes, same here with ca. 15 secs until final sleep.

Have you tried 15,2, and is there any difference? Please mind:
  • For macOS a model change = a hardware change, so Spotlight WILL be re-indexing -> at first high CPU usage & fan spinning. In Activity Monitor you will see Spotlight processes like mds, mdworker, lsd etc.
Also you should remove the two CPU friend kexts, reboot, measure again.

Next configure accdg. to https://github.com/acidanthera/CPUFriend/blob/master/Instructions.md

Thanks.
I've tried 15,2 but it's still the same with 15,4.
So I think I will stick with MacAir 8,2, the battery life has been improved to 3.5hrs of usage, the temperature's maybe higher than Windows 10 a little bit. I have used CPUFriendFriend but I saw it has no changes ? (Maybe I'm wrong in something ?)
The usage time is not good and I'm stuck right now :(

(When I opened 4 tabs of Safari...)
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 10.47.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 10.50.02 AM.png

Last edited:
Hello!
I has iMac 27" 2010, that has mini display input/output port.
iMac can be used as display for video card with mini display output.
Is anybody knows - can I use adaptor like this for using my iMac as second display for Vivobook UNR (with Mojave 10.14.6)?

Back