Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

mighty fine - thanks for supplying the files here!

dear, I have a probleme qith batery indicator, only say 0% thes rest work perfect, only battery, can yo tell me haow repair that error? when conect to cable AC run perfect

@gvujovich : if you use ACPIBatteryManager.kext, you can try to use SMCBatteryManager.kext instead, together with VirtualSMC.kext (required for SMCBatteryManager to work).

For working BT after sleep, create codeless kext with BT USB port set as internal
USB configuration is not needed for BT controller to wake from sleep in 10.15.2 which means no USBPorts.kext or USBInjectAll.kext/SSDT-UIAC.aml. I can't say for 10.15 or 10.15.1 because I didn't test it.

@whatnameisit : my Lenovo FRU 04X6020 (non DW1560 variant of the BCM94352Z NGFF M.2) does require USBPorts.kext in Catalina: not tested yet in 10.15.2, but in 10.15.1 I indeed was experiencing the dreaded "No BT present" (or found, don't quote me on that) without it after a couple of sleep/ wake cycles.

(it might also help to apply RTCMemoryFixup.kext as fewtarius does, but I don't even know if that's why he writes the RTC kext is required or for another reason).

For sure the USBPorts.kext does not hurt, it's much rather like an extra coat of paint. And if dual booting Mojave or even still High Sierra one would need to copy the kext into 10.14 and 10.13, also; so I leave it in 'other'.

Last edited:
@bugsb if you have problems with the bluetooth, you should have USBPorts.kext installed. Mine wakes up with no issues. And it's very true having a correctly configured USB kext does no harm. I deleted it from my "other" folder because I don't think I'll go back to Mojave, or even 10.15.1.

On the second thought, maybe I'll restore the kext because current ACPI specs, at least on macOS, has different port types to "Internal" and "USB2" (unless someone proves me otherwise). Anyways, I think 10.15.2 has better bluetooth management for hackintoshes..

Last edited:
@whatnameisit very well. Here's to Apple. Hope you'll experience better battery life in 10.15.2 + power tweaks.

Hi bugsb could you kindly send your EFI folders here because I have the exact same laptop as you "Asus x510uar" however I failed when installing Catalina. Thanks

@ozil20167Q: you bet, will do - am in the process of finalizing the release. The plan is to publish it today or tomorrow.

Re. Catalina: do NOT use it as your every day OS - use Mojave instead! I did install Catalina a while ago, and as many many others had to find out that (even as of current 10.15.2), this is NOT a fully working OS (yet): Apple went too far in regards to security (esp. the feature that all modern apps are run in a sandbox) which crippled too many functions. Even Textedit now has issues saving files on some volumes, etc. pp....

As with any quantum prioritizing of security, overall speed declines. Fewtarius did some comparative Mojave/ Catalina benchmarking on his Vivobook Flip (very similar hardware to ours). Result: "performance tanks significantly - back to Mojave". Same as many others even with real Macs had to find out.

Apple had to tighten the safety vice, but they should've provided a much longer beta testing period before publishing Catalina, which can still be considered a "public beta" as of 10.15.2. We'll see if 10.15.3 will re-add compatibility and performance.

Last edited:
@ozil20167Q here you go (attached below) prior to the update on GitHub. Read "!! HOW TO VIEW .md FILES !!" first and go on from there. Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI v.10.0 RC1 for Asus Vivobook S15.dmg
    19.3 MB · Views: 115
Back