Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

oh, you were a bit faster, LOL. So it seems the perceivable effect that value has depends on one or both, rig and/or user. On my Asus Vivo hack, 500 *does* equal 1/2 a second of freeze after EACH keybord operation, which has been unbearable (and the main reason why I have still been using High Sierra with VoodooI2C 2.0.3). So now the path is open for Mojave as my main OS next :)

(.. and sure you deserve praise .. ;) )

Last edited:
After running with each, 50 / 100/ 150 for a while, I settled for a value of 100: tangible palm rejection, NO tangible delay :thumbup:

Hi, Just curious as to which Conexant codec this has? I have 8150 and this setup worked nice for base install. I had to tweak it to my vivobook but I cannot get the mic working despite it being recognized.

@xdevillived666 : see my previous posting here for the Conexant CX8050.

ALC255 layout-id 21 for Asus VivoBook Pro 15 CX8150 was added straight to AppleALC with v. 1.3.4, see here, so you might get lucky by using NO CodecCommander kext at all, just the latest AppleALC.

Last edited:

ALC255 layout-id 21 for Asus VivoBook Pro 15 CX8150 was added straight to AppleALC with v. 1.3.4, see here, so you might get lucky by using NO CodecCommander kext at all, just the latest AppleALC.
I had sound issues with the latest AppleALC.kext and the culprit was that CC is now deprecated for CX8050 in Vivobooks 15. I deleted CC, changed the layout, and now I have working sound input and output. No more CC. Thanks for the information. My lazy head did not read the release notes XD

@whatnameisit where did you do the "layout changes" to get mic working w/o CC - in the info.plist inside AppleALC, in Clover config.plist or even somewhere else? Can you share where and paste the section you changed in here?

Folks, finally the neat SleepOnLowBattery ("SOLB") script which reliably gives you the option to put your Hackbook to sleep when the battery level drops below 5% just received a major update. I thoroughly verified it fully working on my Vivobook in Catalina 10.15.1, Mojave 10.14.6 and High Sierra 10.13.6. You can run a demo first, and choose between a version with or without sound. The script is 100% open-source and adaptable if you wish to change any property incl. output voice.

Look at screenshots, grab and discuss it right here.

Change log:

2019-11-15 v. 1.1

BUG FIX: changed all occurrences of ExternalChargeCapable to ExternalConnected in all Apple Script .scpt files (SleepOnLowBattery.scpt, SleepOnLowBatterySound.scpt, demo.scpt) to restore functionality
IMPROVEMENT: made queries of MaxCapacity and CurrentCapacity more compatible to work with hopefully any system
NEW: added Catalina compatibility to install scripts; verified Mojave compatibility
NEW: Sound script uses voice Allison if installed, otherwise automatically defaults back to another English standard voice (Daniel, Alex or Fred)

@bugsb
Release notes for AppleALC 1.4.3:
  • Added CX8050 layout-id 13 for ASUS S410U/X411U by cowpod
  • Fix layout 13 CX8050 microphone after sleep by cowpod
What I should have done are delete CodecCommander related patches and inject the recommended layout-id: delete the kext itself, delete the SSDT content related to CodecCommander(https://github.com/hieplpvip/ASUS-Z...b/master/src/hotpatch/include/SSDT-CX8050.dsl), and inject 13,0,0,0 (or 0x0d, 0x0,0x0,0x0) at HDEF._DSM in the SSDT(See https://github.com/hieplpvip/ASUS-Z...master/src/hotpatch/include/layout13_HDEF.asl ).
I forgot to delete the CodecCommander patch in SSDT. The mic works like it used to with the latest AppleALC and CodecCommander, and I also get the same random sound card recognition failures at boot. I need to test if I get stable sound with CodecCommander SSDT patch deleted.

Last edited:
@whatnameisit Alright, thanks. I'm also trying to get rid of the random sound card recognition failures at boot, esp. after booting between different versions of macOS. To me these are new. Maybe introduced with AppleALC 1.4.3? I'm back to AppleALC 1.4.2 for now to see if that downgrade solves this bug.

Feel invited to share your findings :thumbup:

Hey, just an update: I had to have alc recompiled and my particular codec added. For anybody else having issues with sound and or input, please use the attached files for codec cx 8150 only! the SSDT activates mic since their seems to be an issue with conexant and no audio mixer. The mic will be recognized but not work without ssdt

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    747.3 KB · Views: 84
  • SSDT-CX8150.aml
    299 bytes · Views: 97
Back