Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

Unfortunately my knowledge of hakintosh is very modest and I completely rely on config, kexts and .aml which provided by @saintno1997 on his Github. I picked up the set of .efi-drivers and I'm sure of them.
How to pick up and correctly edit .aml and config - I don't know...
Is a tools that can point me for error in my configuration?
How and where to install kexts:

Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

rebuild caches:

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

@whatnameisit : gotcha, understood. I know you're aware that saintno1997/ tctien342's guide & package is great but not perfect. /L/E vs. Clover/..: he must've corrected that at some point, for the better.

USBPorts.kext: in Info.plist I only see an entry for MacBookPro11,1-XHC. Are yo using MacBookPro11,1 as product model name in SMBIOS? I use 14,1 (for many reasons). Do you know if I would simply need to to duplicate the entry and rename it to MacBookPro14,1-XHC?

@mksim : gotcha, too.
Feartech's is a very experienced pro and his advice is certainly relevant.

I got working the Mojave in this laptop. I changed the Wifi/Bluetooth Card and got almost everything working. The things that didn't do well are the Bluetooth (really don't care about that) and the trackpad (the most annoying).
I can't get to work smoothly, is aways struggling. There are some patches to apply for the trackpad? or how can I debug and build the patch?

@bugsb For me, between MBP11,1 and MBP14,1, the former boots a little faster. That's all. And yes, simply renaming it to MBP14,1 in that format (or creating a duplicate sibling entry as MBP11,1 and renaming it to MBP14,1) will also enable the patch in your SMBIOS. If you are unsure, try importing the kext in Hackintool (Thanks headkaze) then export it. In the updated Hackintool, there are entries such as USB speeds. You will get them if you check all the USB ports so they are highlighted in green. But you might have an SD card connected via PCIe and not USB, so I would recommend you create your own configuration.
@gianmantuan you can try using the touchpad in polling mode provided in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s15-x510uar-10-13.245445/page-46#post-1960959. After manually completing the patch, update the touchpad kexts for best performance.

Last edited:
I install debug tool and get zip-file with problem reporting files:
Has it significant errors?

Attachments

• debug_28781.zip
    4 MB · Views: 68
After second update 10.14.6 the trouble is occurred:
at a first time in a day boot freezes and only power off/on helps.
How to find what is the cause?

After second update 10.14.6 the trouble is occurred:
at a first time in a day boot freezes and only power off/on helps.
How to find what is the cause?
Update Clover and all the drivers carefully. If you have installed them in /L*/E* rebuild cache after updating them.

Anybody have issues with iPhone to macOS Handoff and Airdrop? Everything works OK when I send data from macOS to iOS but sometimes I have these issues with iOS to macOS: Handoff does not work, the icon at dock does not disappear after I turn off the phone screen, and Airdrop does not work until I open macOS AirDrop on Finder.
I have working iMessage, FaceTime and App Store. In the debug files I have just masked my own Serial numbers.

Attachments

• debug_27370.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Update Clover and all the drivers carefully. If you have installed them in /L*/E* rebuild cache after updating them.
After upgrading Clover to v.5045 and some kexts to new versions, freezes disappeared.
Thank you!

Hi !
Thanks for the awesome installation files, it works so well and it's super convenient !
I have the exact Vivobook S15 S510UA / X510UAR and installed High Sierra with Clover 5045 and updated some of the Kexts with newer version and it works well. I upgraded my machine with 16Gb of RAM and SATA Samsung M2 SSD + Another internal SSD, my Laptop doesn't have discrete graphics, it's Intel UHD620 only. All working well.

I just have one problem, it's not huge bug but I'm sure there are some workaround :
My CPU in my machine is an i5 8250U (1.6Ghz base clock, 3.4Ghz turbo boost single core and 2,4Ghz boost when all cores are used in same time)

- I did some benchmarks with Cinebench R20 in High Sierra and Windows 10. I used the Intel Gadget app on both OS to monitor the speed/temps/usage of the CPU in real time.

*In High Sierra I got a score of 875. The CPU mostly stays at 1,6Ghz max. When I check the monitor, I can see the CPU boost for short period of time but when it reaches 70 degrees it's unable to ramp up the fans and keep the speed or go above 70 degrees. I also noticed the CPU Package doesn't go over 8watts (on windows it can go to 30watts)

*In Windows 10 I got a score of 1209 so it's about 38% better performance. The CPU Boost at 2,4Ghz steady, all cores active and Fans ramps up during the benchmark then the PC cooling down after.

I did theses 2 benchs with Bios update 308 and 310. Same results on both OS. The different bios make no difference at all.
It seems like the throttle profile for my CPU is wrong on High Sierra, is there any way to make my cpu boost like in windows in MacOS ?
Is there any guide to do that I could follow ?

Thanks for your help !

Last edited:
Back