Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

@mksim :
- just connect a USB keyboard. If you don't own one, buy one. Always handy to have one anyway when hackintoshing, even if it's just a cheap one
- after initial install, always make a backup, either to internal or external HDD/SDD, of both, macOS and Clover/EFI partition
- in your case: just create a new partition on internal SDD and install Mojave or High Sierra to it. I still use High Sierra as my main OS and have Mojave installed on a 2nd partition on internal SDD for testing.

If you heed all of the above, you can ALWAYS boot into macOS and can remove any bad(ly installed) kexts from the other OS

Thanks, @bugsb!
I has USB-keyboard but it doesn't help me.
I tried to recovery my Mojave from Time Machine, but error occurs! And backup was not finished.
I had to reinstall Mojave.
I used KPCM Utility and I like it.
To yours advice I plan make bootable USB disk for emergency kext cases.

By the way, the unsaved keyboard light level and sound level now is saved - @saintno1997 corrected this bug.

I have problems with my touchpad. Every time I try to use it the cursor barely moves for like 0.1 seconds then stops. multi-point gestures sometimes work, but sometimes they don't.
Can anybody tell me what I should do, or what I haven't done to make my touchpad work properly?

Attachments

• debug_30862.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 60
Again with security update 2019-002 patch, touchpad is no longer working. I have v9 Clover version with BIOS 309 for my asus vivobook S510UA. It was working fine before security update 2019-002. I tried latest version of voodooi2c but it doesn't help. Is there anyone can help ?
--update--
Nevermind! it works after I changed back to MacBookPro11,1.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, @bugsb ! It's working so smoothly! A big thumbs up!
;)
Again with security update 2019-002 patch, is no longer working. I have v9 Clover version with BIOS 309 for my asus vivobook S510UA. It was working fine before security update 2019-002. I tried latest version of voodooi2c but it doesn't help. Is there anyone can help ?
--update--
Nevermind! it works after I changed back to MacBookPro11,1.
That's not why! The change to the 11,1 sysdef made macOS recreate its caches, re-activating the TP kexts. Try switching back to MacBookPro14,1 which is native for our hardware, boot with the -f switch and you will see touchpad working again even with 14,1! As a matter of fact I always boot with -f in config.plist because I was getting tired of the TP not functioning from time to time, either having to boot with -f once, or run KCPM Utility Pro maintenance once then reboot.

Last edited:
Regarding USB ports SSDT: SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml (in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched) is incredibly blown-up (2 kb, 567 lines) and has all sorts of ports which are in there for other mainboards, NOT our Asus Vivobooks! I had already streamlined it before but it obviously got lost, so here's the link again (SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml, only 424 bytes, 139 lines):

SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml.zip

Backup the existing SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml and copy the optimized SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched, reboot.

You can test yourself by (one after an other or at the same time) inserting one or three USB 2.0 mass storage device(s) to all USB ports, eject, then do the same with one or three USB 3.0 mass storage device(s) to all USB ports, and also a USB 3.0/ 3.1 device to the small USB-C port on the right.

If all mount, and the webcam (which is internally connected via a USB port, too) works, too, you're all fine.

Needless to say any less code which Clover will have to parse or even load into memory will make our HackBooks run smoother .. ;)

;)
That's not why! The change to the 11,1 sysdef made macOS recreate its caches, re-activating the TP kexts. Try switching back to MacBookPro14,1 which is native for our hardware, boot with the -f switch and you will see touchpad working again even with 14,1! As a matter of fact I always boot with -f in config.plist because I was getting tired of the TP not functioning from time to time, either having to boot with -f once, or run KCPM Utility Pro maintenance once then reboot.
Yes. It's working with 14.1 again. Thank you so much for your help !

Back