Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

I was HOPING someone with the same F series has a working setup and I could maybe just copy their efi and clover folder etc and get setup that way possibly...might be the easiest. I have this model but upgraded an additional m.2 sata 500gb and also have 16GB. It boots perfectly just no trackpad or keyboard working at all

ASUS VivoBook F510UA 15.6” Full HD Nanoedge Laptop, Intel Core i5-8250U Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, USB-C, Fingerprint, Windows 10 Home - F510UA-AH51,

it's the Asus VivoBook F510UA model but I did add a 500gb m.2 sata ssd to it which the high sierra install is on, just no keybrd or trackpad working...the wifi I know I have to replace the card to get working but not a big deal, I have a usb adapter for wifi that works already for now. I was oping someone with the same machine could .zip their efi and clover config setup with kexts et c. and I could just copy that over and reboot and see what happens perhaps.... ?

it's the Asus VivoBook F510UA model but I did add a 500gb m.2 sata ssd to it which the high sierra install is on, just no keybrd or trackpad working...the wifi I know I have to replace the card to get working but not a big deal, I have a usb adapter for wifi that works already for now. I was oping someone with the same machine could .zip their efi and clover config setup with kexts et c. and I could just copy that over and reboot and see what happens perhaps.... ?
Did you read the posts from BugsB in this thread? There are copies of my old EFi folder and a list of kexts you can check if you have installed which sounds like you are missing. I had the exact same laptop as you (but recently sold it) but as I mentioned in a past post I followed a different guide but everything worked.

[EDIT]: see below.

Last edited:
I had copied kexts and other files (including config), that tctien342 uploaded to github and bugsb in this topic - my Mojave was loaded and functioned. This was on 301 BIOS (I have S510UNR).
Than I moved kexts to /L/E and ooops! Keyboard is not functioned! I upgrade BIOS to 308, but with no effect.
It's seems to me the reason is kexts that I moved to /L/E.
How to force the keyboard work?

@mksim: no need to "move" kexts out of Clover/kexts.. they can (and better should) stay in there in additon to being in L/E/..

Have you used KextBeast 2.0.2 to install the kexts? If not, download KCPM Utility Pro 6.3.3570 (homepage | download), and from within Mojave, open KCPM, Maintenance, two last check-boxes towards the bottom activated, Execute.

Wait, reboot

Thanks, @bugsb!
But I can't login to Mojave - keyboard is not working! And I can't to type password.
I tried to boot from flash with kexts and "good" (IMHO) config - keyboard is not working...
I have to reinstall Mojave?

Back