Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

PR files attached, above

@RehabMan @Feartech : promising DSDT diff compare result present, again see above under 2012-12-21 (I want to keep all in one place but also make sure notifications are occurring)

Can anybody with a VivoBook S15 X510UA or X510UAR model motherboard (you see that in BIOS via boot/ESC/Setup) update to the latest 309 from here and report back? Make sure you ALSO download the 308 BIOS "next to" the 309 so you can restore in case your hackOS hick-ups afterwards.

Thank you.

(If with 309 you see a black screen instead of the login screen: no panic - debugging has already started. Read on from there to check for a solution. Someone with a Asus Zenbook can even boot to Desktop with the 309 BIOS!)

Last edited:
As per Beyond Compare content compare, the 6 SSDTs SSDT-x.dsl and SSDT-x3_x.dsl are all exactly the same = did NOT change from 308 --> 309. Unless there is a graphics related change in one of the other SSDTs, If (IGDS) ^^^^GFX0.GLID (Local0) in DSDT.dsl is the culprit causing a black screen where the login screen should be, and simply commenting it out does not help any :roll2:

What to do next? Anybody with extended DSDT knowledge like @RehabMan @Feartech , do you have any idea how to proceed from here? Thank you.

PR files if needed at the bottom of this posting.

Hi guy,
I have my asus x510uqr (i7 8550u + gt940m) running the latest mojave 10.14.2. Everything is working fine expect bluetooth issue after sleep/wake without connecting to power apdaper, just like @bugsb described. It just fine for me because I rarely use laptop on battery. However, I'm faceing a super slow and laggy experience with photoshop cc 2019. I just finger out that pts detect wrong GPU infomation - Intel UHD 617 instead of 620. I do double-check on geekbench 4 and cinebench r15, and they are showing Intel UHD 617 too (you can see it in attached pictrue). So, i run some benchmark to check the performance, it's ok with geekbench 4 core, but with cinebench r15 - it's 385rb for CPU and ~16fps for the GPU - very slow comparing to window ( ~650rb and ~45fps)
Has anyone be facing the same issue? Sorry for my bad english, Hope you get what I mean.

Thanks and best regards.
No, never experienced this. UHD 620 showing correctly, and Photoshop CC 2018 19.1.3 running as smooth as could be (in 10.13.6 - Mojave not installed). But I have a different Vivobook than you as you can see on the left and in my sig. But I know from saintno that his with also Intel UHD 620 + Nvidia muted is running superb, too.

Make sure you are using his latest hotpatch from github, which is compatible up to BIOS 308 (not yet with BIOS 309!). But even with that you should generate your individual SMBIOS yourself with Clover Configurator (Serial Number: generate new), save.

If even with his latest hotpatch you can't get your UHD 620 detected and working correctly, you should follow the Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen guide. I consider it very possible that noone ever did that for our Asus Intel UHD 620, but that rather we are using a generic UHD 620 framebuffer. And who knows, maybe Asus used a slightly different (older or newer) chip in your x510uqr + i7 8550u.

Good luck :)

No, never experienced this. UHD 620 showing correctly, and Photoshop CC 2018 19.1.3 running as smooth as could be (in 10.13.6 - Mojave not installed). But I have a different Vivobook than you as you can see on the left and in my sig. But I know from saintno that his with also Intel UHD 620 + Nvidia muted is running superb, too.

Make sure you are using his latest hotpatch from github, which is compatible up to BIOS 308 (not yet with BIOS 309!). But even with that you should generate your individual SMBIOS yourself with Clover Configurator (Serial Number: generate new), save.

If even with his latest hotpatch you can't get your UHD 620 detected and working correctly, you should follow the Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen guide. I consider it very possible that noone ever did that for our Asus Intel UHD 620, but that rather we are using a generic UHD 620 framebuffer. And who knows, maybe Asus used a slightly different (older or newer) chip in your x510uqr + i7 8550u.

Good luck :)

Thanks you for replying me. I am not using @saintno hotspach for now, i used it when I write this post, but after some googling I see @baohiep repo, he use VirtualSMC + AsusSMC which i think better than @saintno, but need modifing audio acpi patch to get internal mic work. you could have a try if you like, here: https://github.com/hieplpvip/ASUS-ZENBOOK-HACKINTOSH

I found a guy meet the same problem here, post #45: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-zenbook-ux430-i7-8550-kaby-lake-r-alc294.243618/page-5
He said his problem had been solved after bios update but not for me. I tried all 3 different BIOS version of my model (300,301,302) but performence still the same.

Now i see the FakePCIIHD_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and CPUFriendDataProvider.kext are not loading, maybe this is the problem.
I will try patching Framebuffer, thank you again for helping me.
Regards.

Last edited:
@rilt : I am well aware of baohiep's repo. For me all I need is working 100% so I never tried VirtualSMC + AsusSMC.

FakePCIIHD_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and CPUFriendDataProvider.kext are not loadable kexts anyway, they just provide data for OTHER kexts to load correctly - soft of like catalyzers.

Audio: For my Asus Vivobook's Conexant CX8050 I'm using CodecCommander v.2.7.1 from RehabMan (from his 2018-1003 release here on bitbucket, attached below incl. installer script) which has to be installed to /L/E!

Note that the CodecCommander kext requires extra attention:
Bash:
sudo chmod -R 645 /Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext
sudo kextcache -i /
reboot
It might even be necessary to one time boot with -f via Clover/O (for Options).

If none of that worked and if you don't need HDMI audio, just remove CodecCommander.kext + AppleALC.kext and instead install VoodooHDA 2.9.1 adapted for Conexant Audio CX8050 (I cannot retrieve right now by who) - attached.

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 00.30.59.jpg

Attachments

• VoodooHDA 2.9.1 for Conexant Audio CX8050 + AppleHDADisabler.zip
    88.9 KB · Views: 75
  • CodecCommander v.2.7.1 for Conexant Audio CX8050.zip
    58.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Experiencing random erratic mouse pointer jumps while using your trackpad? Look here:)!

after I updated security update 2019-001, touchpad is not working. Is there any update ?

After updating VoodooI2C, it's working again.

Back