Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

only settle for ONE of the options, either/ or. Look here for ben9923's list with different possible options. I settled for piker alpha's freqVectorsEdit above all because after running it and restart, I do see the CPU frequency even go below 800 MHz every once in a while.

Would need a reliable long term monitor tool to fetch the lowest frequ. ever over time to see if CPUFriend and X86PlatformPluginInjector really have the same effect. HWMonitor does not seem to offer such.

Yes i do see the freqvectorsedit agressively down to 800. CPUfriend doesnt work for me. Not tested with X86PlatformInjector. If only kext patch i think the freqvectorsedit do more than that.

Just be careful...backup X86PlatformPlugin.kext or you need copy from the installer
no way back in freqVectors

When I use to the 7200u,
this become weird no cpu detail, the clock begin starting unto 4 Ghz which more than 7200u can do, it just cosmetic or what?
if it true, than it like overclocking if false and can be dangerous. need to ask piker alpha

Last edited:
Does it boot whit the card pulled out again? Careful, you need to insulate the loose antenna sockets then, e.g. with some lite tape.

Before you pull out the card, does it work fine in Windows or Linux?
I replace DW1820A to DW1560, is success. So S510UN possible not support DW1820A.

Now I have another problem.
My battery status can't auto showing in menu bar. When I reboot, I can only go to
System Preferences/Energy Saver and click Show Battery Status in Menu Bar.
So..have any ideas?
Thanks.

Attached Files:L/E and EFI/CLOVER/kexts and config.plist

Attachments

• 螢幕快照 2018-09-07 15.40.59.png
    螢幕快照 2018-09-07 15.40.59.png
    160.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 螢幕快照 2018-09-07 15.41.22.png
    螢幕快照 2018-09-07 15.41.22.png
    141.8 KB · Views: 95
  • config.plist
    16.6 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I replace DW1820A to DW1560, is success. So S510UN possible not support DW1820A.

My battery status can't auto showing in menu bar. When I reboot, I can only go to
So..have any ideas?
Thanks.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

So..have any ideas?
Thanks.

When you don't see the battery status in the menu bar, what happens when you unplug the battery cable plug, and replug? Does the status show up then?

Also, does your issue only occur when the battery charge is 100%, or also when it is < 100%?

I remember experiencing battery status not showing ONLY when connected to power + charged full at 100%.

So..have any ideas?
Thanks.

Are you using APFS or HFS+? If you're using APFS, do you enable TRIM?

When you don't see the battery status in the menu bar, what happens when you unplug the battery cable plug, and replug? Does the status show up then?

Also, does your issue only occur when the battery charge is 100%, or also when it is < 100%?

I remember experiencing battery status not showing ONLY when connected to power + charged full at 100%.
Do anything but nothing ever happens.
The battery status show 0% and when I check "Show Battery Status in Menu Bar" will auto uncheck immediately.

Are you using APFS or HFS+? If you're using APFS, do you enable TRIM?
I using APFS. Trying to enable TRIM,it's same.

I reinstall Mac OS 10.13.6,the battery status is normal.
When I install "Xcode" from app store it will abnormal.
It's likely "Xcode" problem.

Do anything but nothing ever happens.
The battery status show 0% and when I check "Show Battery Status in Menu Bar" will auto uncheck immediately.

I using APFS. Trying to enable TRIM,it's same.

I reinstall Mac OS 10.13.6,the battery status is normal.
When I install "Xcode" from app store it will abnormal.
It's likely "Xcode" problem.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hey guys,
I did a clean install of Mojave and got everything working trackpad excluded
I've patched the DSDT as in Post #1 but doing this breaks the battery and no trackpad, patching the DSDT without the trackpad makes keyboard light, fn keys and battery work flawlessly.

I've updated the Kexts in /Other
Can you take a look and give me a hand with this?

Attachments

• Mojave.zip
    32.2 MB · Views: 157
Hey guys,
I did a clean install of Mojave and got everything working trackpad excluded
I've patched the DSDT as in Post #1 but doing this breaks the battery and no trackpad, patching the DSDT without the trackpad makes keyboard light, fn keys and battery work flawlessly.

I've updated the Kexts in /Other
Can you take a look and give me a hand with this?

"Problem Reporting" files are wrong/too large.

Also, your profile is without laptop hardware details. Please fix as per FAQ.

Attachments

• debug_21194.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 63
Back