Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

Just curious.
The i5 8250U kabylake R is 1.8Ghz i5 on Mac specification, not 1.6 as intel ark. As the post 1 screenshoot
On power Gadget the line also there is 1.8 line instead of 1.6.
The lower using plugin type 1 is around 1300 on power gadget never 1000.
Have you ever got 800 using usbfriend / clover / ssdt from ssdtprgen / ssdt from Maciasl tool ?
usbfriend? You mean the two CPUFriend kexts, don't you?

I am getting 800 MHz CPU Package Frequency in HWMonitor all the time, and even less every once in a while on very low idle, after applying Piker-Alpha's freqVectorsEdit.sh. Does not seem to be dependent on any SSDT here.

Yeah but all thing include sleep and battery still work fine! Maybe both that patch is unnecessary?

I have upload new ver with ssdt patch for usbinjectall! set wifi card as build in is much better for me bcs it fix bluetooth lag when listen to music! you can set it back to default just change 0xff to 0x03 at HS08
saintno1997, I see you removed your previous recommendation
Code:
- Enable CPU HWP with config 0x40002201 for web and coding -> daily usage
from above posting of yours without any comment, so I guess it had undesirable side effects for you, and you do NOT recommend that setting anymore?

Did you reset the HWPValue back to empty and disabled HWPEnable, or are you using a different string now for our i5-8250U?

Yes, I used them, see here (bottom of that post), but without success, because your variables in BrcmPatchRAM.cpp for the kernel flags don't cover all the spots where tluck changed values, which you will easily see when you compare yours and his BrcmPatchRAM.cpp. You would need to add more variables into BrcmPatchRAM.cpp to cover the needs for the Lenovo WiFi/ BT card (and possibly others).

Are you still improving BrcmPatchRAM?

When I checked the timeouts I added cover all the effective changes made in the tluck fork (some of tluck changes are redundant/additive).

usbfriend? You mean the two CPUFriend kexts, don't you?

I am getting 800 MHz CPU Package Frequency in HWMonitor all the time, and even less every once in a while on very low idle, after applying Piker-Alpha's freqVectorsEdit.sh. Does not seem to be dependent on any SSDT here.

it still need cpufriend kext and another cpufriend something kext?
which one you use ? you are using MAcbook14,1 right? noti n the list here...Piker-Alpha's freqVectorsEdit.sh

update:
-- yup no 30 macbookpro14,1
I guess the readme.md is of piker alpha freqVectorsEdit not updated ;)
noneed cpufriend, none ssdt, noneed clover likely. but it surely need plugintype=1 in config.plist (I think)
it jump to 800, nice
Then what cpufriend is for

Last edited:
it still need cpufriend kext and another cpufriend something kext?
which one you use ? you are using MAcbook14,1 right? noti n the list here...Piker-Alpha's freqVectorsEdit.sh

update:
-- yup no 30 macbookpro14,1
I guess the readme.md is of piker alpha freqVectorsEdit not updated ;)
noneed cpufriend, none ssdt, noneed clover likely. but it surely need plugintype=1 in config.plist (I think)
it jump to 800, nice
Then what cpufriend is for
only settle for ONE of the options, either/ or. Look here for ben9923's list with different possible options. I settled for piker alpha's freqVectorsEdit above all because after running it and restart, I do see the CPU frequency even go below 800 MHz every once in a while.

Would need a reliable long term monitor tool to fetch the lowest frequ. ever over time to see if CPUFriend and X86PlatformPluginInjector really have the same effect. HWMonitor does not seem to offer such.

When I checked the timeouts I added cover all the effective changes made in the tluck fork (some of tluck changes are redundant/additive).
Using your original and current kexts sounds much more desirable, rather than running someone else's which are even based on almost two year old code.

Which kernel flags string equaling the values in tluck's kext do you recommend? I would try that right away.

Which kernel flags string equaling the values in tluck's kext do you recommend? I would try that right away.

Read the BrcmPatchRAM README.

Read the BrcmPatchRAM README.
I did read github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/blob/master/README.md. When you are referring to
Code:
bpr_probedelay=100 bpr_initialdelay=300 bpr_postresetdelay=300
I even mentioned that string in my posting and that it does unfortunately not equal tluck's IOSleep timings for his and my Lenovo thus does not work here, and neither does the one +100ms.

RehabMan, it's totally fine if you don't know the equivalent kernel flags string to tluck's timings.. even you can't know everything.. Just share it if you know it, or please say straight out that if do not know it. Simple as that .. ;)

I think we should all collaborate to find as many working strings for as many cards as possible.

Thank you.

I did read github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/blob/master/README.md. When you are referring to
Code:
bpr_probedelay=100 bpr_initialdelay=300 bpr_postresetdelay=300
I even mentioned that string in my posting and that it does unfortunately not equal tluck's IOSleep timings for his and my Lenovo thus does not work here, and neither does the one +100ms.

RehabMan, it's totally fine if you don't know the equivalent kernel flags string to tluck's timings.. even you can't know everything.. Just share it if you know it, or please say straight out that if do not know it. Simple as that .. ;)

I think we should all collaborate to find as many working strings for as many cards as possible.

Thank you.

You need to experiment with the timing. They are hardware dependent.

Back