Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

I have upload new ver with ssdt patch for usbinjectall! set wifi card as build in is much better for me bcs it fix bluetooth lag when listen to music! you can set it back to default just change 0xff to 0x03 at HS08
saintno, your SSDT-USB is not fully correct, it has some errors, like ports (correct: 8, not 9), XHC port-count for our 8086_9d2f (should be 18), and too many sections (Asus Vivobook S15 only has XHC). With my Lenovo Wifi/ BT combo-card + your current SSDT-USB, I was still experiencing 3 out of 4 of the exact same issues as before (at some point "Bluetooth: not available" then all USB dead then OS crash).

So I grabbed baohiep's SSDT-UIAC-UX430-KABYR.dsl, modified it according to RehabMan's custom SSDT guide, rebooted into Clover, O (for Options)/ ENTER (for boot args), END key (End of line), -f, ENTER, END (of menu), ENTER (back to Clover GUI), ENTER to boot, IORegistryExplorer, tested all ports with USB 2 and USB 3 devices, VOILA!

I still have to do the long time testing but wanted to share the corrected SSDT-USB.dsl/ aml with you now. Attached, but please also look at the source code:
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "uiac", 0)
{
// guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/211311/

// SSDT base from Asus Zenbook UX430 (Kaby Lake R): https://github.com/hieplpvip/ASUS-ZENBOOK-HACKINTOSH/blob/master/hotpatch/include/SSDT-UIAC-UX430-KABYR.dsl
// Correction: "port-count", Buffer() { 18, 0, 0, 0 } default for 8086_9d2f as per RehabMan original https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/master/SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl

// Common port connector types are USB2 = 0, USB3 = 3, internal = 255

Device(UIAC)
    {
        Name(_HID, "UIA00000")

Name(RMCF, Package()
        {
            "8086_9d2f", Package() // from XHC IOName: pci8086,9d2f
            {
                "port-count", Buffer() { 18, 0, 0, 0 }, //
                "ports", Package()
                {
                    "HS01", Package() // on the right towards rear - USB 2.0 on USB 3.0 port
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 1, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HS02", Package() // on the right towards front - USB 2.0 on USB 3.1 port
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 2, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HS03", Package() // on the left towards rear - USB 2.0
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 0,
                        "port", Buffer() { 3, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HS04", Package() // on the left towards front - USB 2.0
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 0,
                        "port", Buffer() { 4, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HS06", Package() // internal webcam - USB 2.0
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 255,
                        "port", Buffer() { 6, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HS08", Package() // internal WiFi & Bluetooth - USB 2.0
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 255,
                        "port", Buffer() { 8, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "SS01", Package() // on the right towards rear - USB 3.0
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 13, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "SS02", Package() // on the right towards front - USB 3.1 (USB C socket )
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 14, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },

},
            },
        })
    }
}
//EOF

@baohiep : I can only strongly recommend you minimize the port-count in all your SSDT-UIAC dsl files on github in each HS0x/ SS0x section to 15. I asked RehabMan to include that in his custom SSDT entry posting because his remark about this is buried somewhere deep in that thread.

(saintno, I'll reply about two other things some other time, have run out of time now..)

@RehabMan : I moved FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext to my "Extension (disabled)" folder, rebuilt kextcache, rebooted, tested all ports, verified in IOReg Explorer - all seems fine. All USB ports with this Vivobook already are in XHC anyway (no in EHCI), and no XHCI setting in BIOS, either.

Does that info suffice for you to comment if we don't need FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext here, or would you want me to attach a debug zip with the PR files to look at IOReg etc. with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext removed? Thank you.

[EDIT]: after 1st wake from sleep on battery, right away "Bluetooth: not available" - argh, I'm freaking out.

Clover: darkwake=0 ; port limit removal patch disabled | PowerNap disabled in Sys Prefs/ Energy Saver for both, Battery and Power Adapter | pmset -g: hibernatemode = 0

I'll reinstall FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext to /L/E, reboot, observe. Would provide PR files then if reinstalling that kext does not reinstate complete Bluetooth happiness here, even when connected to Battery and waking from sleep (_WAK issue?) .. :roll2: If not then would test if BT always works when sleeping and waking while connected to power supply.

I also re-enabled OSID->XSID, _OSI->XOSI (using SSDT-XOSI.aml anyway).

I am adding that before sleep, I had BT switched off. But that should not cause it to NOT get detected after wake-up..

[EDIT 2] After 2 wakes from sleep ON BATTERY, again "Bluetooth: not available" .. :(

Same when I again re-enable the port limit removal patch, so this is NOT a port but a power savings issue.

When connected to power supply, I can sleep and resume xx times and BT remains found (and functions properly)!!

Since all of the above did not help, which of these options should I be looking at next? (I have to quit right now - can add PR files later):

1. look at IOSleep hacks by tluck?

2. implement USB power properties?

3. for optimal CPU PM implementation, study guide-native-power-management-for-laptops ? (requires only SSDT-PluginType1.aml, as per guide)

4. go down the _WAK rabit hole?

5. study even deeper the broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide?

6. activate a specific patch in config.plist/ Kernel and kext patches/ Kexts to patch?

7. change the region code?

8. guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions

9. just get the DELL DW1560 instead? (I don't need Ch. 13)

Attachments

• SSDT-USB BugsB 2018-08-21.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
@baohiep : I can only strongly recommend you minimize the port-count in all your SSDT-UIAC dsl files on github in each HS0x/ SS0x section to 15. I asked RehabMan to include that in his custom SSDT entry posting because his remark about this is buried somewhere deep in that thread.
@bugsb Can you give me link to that post?

• Using CPUFriend to fix CPU frequence (1300 down to 800) - Using Macbook14,1 config
how do I use this ? I have copied CPUFriend.kext and CPUFriendDataProvider.kext into C/K/O folder.
Tools I have PlistEdit Pro & Clover Config.
As long as your are using MacBookPro14,1 in Clover config SMBIOS, just install both CPU kexts to /L/E, that's all.

Hello!
I have ASUS Vivobook S510UNR - this model is quite close to model of this topic.
I am at the initial level of hackintosh's knowledge.
I followed the instructions stated in @saintno1997's 1-st post.
Last (5th) version of @saintno1997's bundle is the best for me - all works, except:
  1. sleep (long wait before notebook sleeping and no sleeping after closing the lid)
  2. waking up (power down needed even if windows appeared the screen)
  3. very quick battery discharge (about one percent a minute)
I attach PR-file.
Can You help me solve this problems?

Attachments

• debug_25449.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 58
Hello!
I have ASUS Vivobook S510UNR - this model is quite close to model of this topic.
I am at the initial level of hackintosh's knowledge.
I followed the instructions stated in @saintno1997's 1-st post.
Last (5th) version of @saintno1997's bundle is the best for me - all works, except:
  1. sleep (long wait before notebook sleeping and no sleeping after closing the lid)
  2. waking up (power down needed even if windows appeared the screen)
  3. very quick battery discharge (about one percent a minute)
I attach PR-file.
Can You help me solve this problems?
all kexts you need should be installed to /Library/Extensions

Wifi/ Bluetooth: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 - replaced with DW1560
saintno (and anybody else with a Vivobook S15 who has swapped Wifi/BT with a Dell DW1560), can you please test in 10.13.6:

turn BT OFF, disconnect from power supply, sleep fully (until power LED on the left flashes on/off), wake - usually repeat at least 5 times.

Does your BT remain available (regular BT icon in the menu bar, just greyed out)???? What I'm getting usually latest after 5th wake-up is this different style icon, and when I hover over it --> Bluetooth: not available.

Thank you!

@bugsb - You right (6th version)! I have downloaded archive on 17th August.
@Feartech - I try to move all kexts to /L/E but no effect (blank screen and moving mouse pointer)
Can this be becouse no special "wake" or "sleep" patches applied to the DSDT?
I used "[sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 10)" and "[GPIO] GPIO Controller Enable [SLK+]" instead of text (code) patches stated in @saintno1997's 1-st post, because thats text patches were inapplicable for my DSDT.

@bugsb - You right (6th version)! I have downloaded archive on 17th August.
@Feartech - I try to move all kexts to /L/E but no effect (blank screen and moving mouse pointer)
Can this be becouse no special "wake" or "sleep" patches applied to the DSDT?
I used "[sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 10)" and "[GPIO] GPIO Controller Enable [SLK+]" instead of text (code) patches stated in @saintno1997's 1-st post, because thats text patches were inapplicable for my DSDT.
from here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

you haven't yet done:

Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Back