Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

@bugsb I have just checked your DSDT.aml. It seems to be a MaciASL error.
If I disassemble DSDT and SSDT* with "iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml", the result is:
Code:
        Method (BIFW, 1, NotSerialized)
        {
            Store (SMBR (RDWD, BADR, Arg0), Local0)
            Store (DerefOf (Index (Local0, Zero)), Local1)
            If (Local1)
            {
                Return (Ones)
            }
            Else
            {
                Return (DerefOf (Index (Local0, 0x02)))
            }
        }
confirmed!!

Comment: change Method(GPRW,2,N) to XPRW
  • Find: 47505257
  • Replace: 58505257
  • saintno, what are you trying to achieve with this patch? Why did you include it?

Comment: change Method(GPRW,2,N) to XPRW
  • Find: 47505257
  • Replace: 58505257
Comment: Battery: Rename Method(SMBR,3,Serialized) to Method(XSMR,3,Serialized)
  • Find: 534D4252
  • Replace: 58534D52

Totally wrong! That will change the method name at both method definition and call sites, which is useless as we want to replace the method with a patched one

@saintno1997 That will change the method name at both method definition and call sites, which is useless as we want to replace the method with a patched one
Yeah but all thing include sleep and battery still work fine! Maybe both that patch is unnecessary?

YES, VERY helpful, RehabMan, that solved all errors except one. I verified GPRW is not included in the patch list for static DSDT, read about what it's meant for, identified as not necessary at all because even without GPRW patch in static DSDT, no wake-up on USB mouse click and alike which is how I want it anyway, deactivated the patch in config.plist, rebooted, much better.

Now only this error remains, also confirmed by saintno:
Code:
Store (SMBR (RDWD, BADR), Arg0)
            Local0

No more compile errors at all as soon as changed to:
Code:
Store (SMBR (RDWD, BADR, Arg0), Local0)

as per saintno's suggestion. This is in
Code:
    Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0)
    {
        Name (BADR, 0x0B)
        Name (CADR, 0x09)
        Name (SADR, 0x0A)
        Method (BIFW, 1, NotSerialized)
which to me looks like battery related.

I looked in SSDT-BATT.dsl but did not find the code to be changed. @RehabMan , any idea for this last tidbit?

@baohiep welcome back from "observer status"!

Looking at my findings above, can you give us a hint what to do next? If you need to download the error report files, too, feel free to do so :)
I have upload new ver with ssdt patch for usbinjectall! set wifi card as build in is much better for me bcs it fix bluetooth lag when listen to music! you can set it back to default just change 0xff to 0x03 at HS08

@saintno1997 If it works fine for you, you can remove those patches. I would still prefer to use them, those are included in the DSDT battery patch

@saintno1997 If it works fine for you, you can remove those patches. I would still prefer to use them, I don't have any compilation problems with them
Change back to default hot patch! got bug if connect to bluetooth mouse and cant sleep ! mouse usb sleep fine and can wake by mouse click! So DSDT hot patch error maybe just in MaciASL, not by hot patch

Yeah but all thing include sleep and battery still work fine! Maybe both that patch is unnecessary?

I have upload new ver with ssdt patch for usbinjectall! set wifi card as build in is much better for me bcs it fix bluetooth lag when listen to music! you can set it back to default just change 0xff to 0x03 at HS08
impressive!! Two questions:
- Patch usb by using SSDT-USB -> UsbInjectAll back to default
Did you create this per RehabMan's [Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext, or is this just the same as before in UsbInjectAll just moved to a SSDT? His instructions are the cleanest to exclusively have real ports and no ghost ones. You would need to use SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl as a template.
- Enable CPU HWP with config 0x40002201 for web and coding -> daily usage
Is that a higher or lower frequency as before with freqVectorsEdit.sh and the CPU friend kexts? Where did you apply this patch - in config.plist, or in SSDT-HACK.aml?

Last edited:
impressive!! Two questions:
Did you create this per RehabMan's [Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext, or is this just the same as before in UsbInjectAll just moved to a SSDT? His instructions are the cleanest to exclusively have real ports and no ghost ones. You would need to use SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl as a template.
Is that a higher or lower frequency as before with freqVectorsEdit.sh and the CPU friend kexts? Where did you apply this patch - in config.plist, or in SSDT-HACK.aml?
#1 It base on SSDT-UIAC-ALL and i have correct all the port!
#2 Not higher or lower! I think it just how the speedstep work!Jump to 3.4ghz and very quickly back to 800hz,it will better for battery
Read more here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-hwp-enable.214915/

#1 It base on SSDT-UIAC-ALL and i have correct all the port!
#2 Not higher or lower! I think it just how the speedstep work!Jump to 3.4ghz and very quickly back to 800hz,it will better for battery
Read more here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-hwp-enable.214915/
Superb!! Will apply right now and report back after a few days test period!

I searched the thread for 0x40002201 and 40002201 but did not find any result. Did you apply this in SSDT-HACK.aml?

@saintno1997 If it works fine for you, you can remove those patches. I would still prefer to use them, those are included in the DSDT battery patch
hmm, is the GPRW patch also part of the DSDT battery patch??

Back