[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

exactly. Again, procedure path:
cd ~/Desktop
mkdir extract
cd extract
patchmatic -extract
iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
open DSDT.dsl with MaciASL --> compile errors

Keep in mind compile errors that exist in ACPI/origin may still be present.
That doesn't mean it is a problem.
But if your hotpatches have *introduced* new errors, that is your mistake in hotpatch...

Did you take the time and actually look at the provided DSDT in your MaciASL?

If you need help, you must provide full PR files.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Keep in mind compile errors that exist in ACPI/origin may still be present.
That doesn't mean it is a problem.
But if your hotpatches have *introduced* new errors, that is your mistake in hotpatch...

If you need help, you must provide full PR files.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
Sure. Attached with boot from config.plist with saintno's hotpatch. Again, with boot with config.plist with static DSDT, NO compile errors. I'm just contributing, trying to help out here for those to come..

Attachments

• debug_23564.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Sure. Attached with boot from config.plist with saintno's hotpatch. Again, with boot with config.plist with static DSDT, NO compile errors. I'm just contributing, trying to help out here for those to come..

Your ACPI hotpatch is wrong/invalid.
config.plist has patches that rename GPRW to XPRW, but your ACPI/patched is missing SSDT-GPRW.aml (which would contain the new GPRW implementation).
This is why the iasl disassembler cannot disassemble your DSDT.aml correctly, as it doesn't know how many parameters GRPW accepts, as it is nowhere to be found. At runtime, it also causes the related _PRW methods to fail.

Read the ACPI hotpatch guide carefully.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-using-clover-to-hotpatch-acpi.200137/

Your ACPI hotpatch is wrong/invalid.
config.plist has patches that rename GPRW to XPRW, but your ACPI/patched is missing SSDT-GPRW.aml (which would contain the new GPRW implementation).
This is why the iasl disassembler cannot disassemble your DSDT.aml correctly, as it doesn't know how many parameters GRPW accepts, as it is nowhere to be found. At runtime, it also causes the related _PRW methods to fail.

Read the ACPI hotpatch guide carefully.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-using-clover-to-hotpatch-acpi.200137/
YES, VERY helpful, RehabMan, that solved all errors except one. I verified GPRW is not included in the patch list for static DSDT, read about what it's meant for, identified as not necessary at all because even without GPRW patch in static DSDT, no wake-up on USB mouse click and alike which is how I want it anyway, deactivated the patch in config.plist, rebooted, much better.

Now only this error remains, also confirmed by saintno:
Code:
Store (SMBR (RDWD, BADR), Arg0)
            Local0

No more compile errors at all as soon as changed to:
Code:
Store (SMBR (RDWD, BADR, Arg0), Local0)

as per saintno's suggestion. This is in
Code:
    Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0)
    {
        Name (BADR, 0x0B)
        Name (CADR, 0x09)
        Name (SADR, 0x0A)
        Method (BIFW, 1, NotSerialized)
which to me looks like battery related.

I looked in SSDT-BATT.dsl but did not find the code to be changed. @RehabMan , any idea for this last tidbit?
@bugsb It seems that the problem is cause by @saintno1997 not use all SSDTs I sent.

My hotpatch files for Asus Zenbook are here: https://github.com/hieplpvip/ASUS-ZENBOOK-HACKINTOSH/tree/master/hotpatch
It can be used all Vivobook with little modification.
@baohiep welcome back from "observer status"!

Looking at my findings above, can you give us a hint what to do next? If you need to download the error report files, too, feel free to do so :)

@bugsb I have just checked your DSDT.aml. It seems to be a MaciASL error.
If I disassemble DSDT and SSDT* with "iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml", the result is:
Code:
        Method (BIFW, 1, NotSerialized)
        {
            Store (SMBR (RDWD, BADR, Arg0), Local0)
            Store (DerefOf (Index (Local0, Zero)), Local1)
            If (Local1)
            {
                Return (Ones)
            }
            Else
            {
                Return (DerefOf (Index (Local0, 0x02)))
            }
        }

@bugsb It seems that the problem is cause by @saintno1997 not use all SSDTs I sent.

My hotpatch files for Asus Zenbook are here: https://github.com/hieplpvip/ASUS-ZENBOOK-HACKINTOSH/tree/master/hotpatch
It can be used all Vivobook with little modification.
Still bug if use all your ssdt bro !
I found it happen by Find And Rename in clover !
  • change Method(GPRW,2,N) to XPRW
  • Battery: Rename Method(SMBR,3,Serialized) to Method(XSMR,3,Serialized)
Both that patch gen bug in dsdt compiler!
It fixed by just change two patch to
  • 47505257 => 58505257
  • 534D4252 => 58534D52
Everything still work normal and DSDT bug free for now but it seem not right!

@saintno1997 That will change the method name at both method definition and call sites, which is useless as we want to replace the method with a patched one

@saintno1997 What do you mean by "change two patch to ..."?
Comment: change Method(GPRW,2,N) to XPRW
  • Find: 47505257
  • Replace: 58505257
Comment: Battery: Rename Method(SMBR,3,Serialized) to Method(XSMR,3,Serialized)
  • Find: 534D4252
  • Replace: 58534D52

@saintno1997 I have check that my DSDT has that error too, but only with MaciASL. If I use iasl to disassemble, there are no errors. The command for iasl is "iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml"

Back