Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

DiskGenius ExFAT resize: bummer. Obviously because the partition or fs was damaged because I've successfully used it numerous times over the years.

Free NTFS for Mac: try Hasleo NTFS for Mac. It's doesn't rely on Apple's (in rw mode) unstable ntfs fs driver (which is know to eventually cause corruptions on NTFS), but rather based on FUSE.

CONs (in comparison with Paragon & Tuxera):
- does not make it possible to change a NTFS volume's label ("rename")
- lacks the (somewhat important?) function to allow Disk Utility to format a volume as NTFS

ok I will try Hasleo later

I tried Hasleo NTFS (FUSE) and it is slow comparing to Mounty
Just browsing around, not read/write comparing yet

@bugsb any progress lately?
I did try OC 0.8.3 but cannot install Monterey, and it also buggy for Big Sur

hey @a29psx I've been running Catalina happily ever since, and even if I also have a dedicated partition with an OC EFI, I've still been using Clover as my main bootloader because, booted with OC, I have screen flickering on wake-from-sleep. I even stopped updating bootloaders and kexts at some point because the system is 99,99% optimal (apart from the usual trackpad hangs/ jerks even with always latest VoodooI2C nightlies).

I also have Big Sur and Monterey installed (on my fast new 500GB SSD inside the same APFS container), but hardly ever boot them.

So summed up: no progress because

a) I'm quite happy with my Vivo HackBook - all hardware still going strong, esp. the display still bright and crisp
b) I'm quite busy working in real life
c) I'm getting older and need more rest and sleep LOL

But good news: I'll only stick to Catalina as my main macOS as long as it receives security updates from Apple, which will be until Apple releases macOS Ventura, tentatively in fall 2022. Once Ventura is RTM, I do plan to update both of the repo's EFI configs, OC and Clover. But not before, also because I don't have any sane reason to deal with Ventura Betas.

So if you're happy with Catalina for now and unless something unexpected happens on my side, you could look forward to progress towards the end of this year.

Hope I answered your (and maybe some passive readers') question, dear old (or young) hackintosh friend :cool:

I'm getting older and need more rest and sleep LOL
clearly see that in your git update lately :))

I am at 11.6.8 big sur with lastest OC and kext (upgraded from yours)
although there is some bug with networking after update from OC 7.0.5 to 8.0.3 and 11.6.8 big sur: after fresh install no network devices got detected (included the broadcom 1820A, AXIS AX88179 USB3.0 LAN and another on a USB hub)
clear nvram does not help, go back to windows to on/off airplane mode does not help
after couple of reboot changing nothing the thing suddenly work :crazy:, dunno why

also try to go up monterey without successful, it keep rebooting before I can read anything from the verbose
there 1 time it manage to get into recovery but cannot see any HDD, like when we have to set the MinDate and MinVersion for catalina

I rarely use macos, just tinkering sometimes so this is fine with me

that's the story on my side, cheers, mate

Do we have a chance to launch Ventura on our Vivobooks?
I installed Monterey on an internal SSD TS512GMTS830S (Transcend), but the booting takes 5-10 minutes. I really want Ventura to load in a minute - like BigSur.

It often helps to

a) simply load your OC config.plist in the version of OpenCore Configurator corresponding with the OC version, save, quit
b) re-open OC config.plist in OC Configurator > Tools > OpenCore Validator > correct any errors if you can, save, quit

reboot

[EDIT] same goes for OpenCore Auxiliary Tools ("OCAT")

Last edited:
hey folks. Anybody still running this Asus hack?

Right now I'm trying to scale the resolution down a bit in OpenCore bootpicker, ideally to 1600x900. But the only lower res I succeeded to pick was 1366x768 which is too low.

ForceResolution toggled to true and adding CsmVideoDxe.efi driver from Clover did not help.

If anybody managed to set the res to 1600x900 or something close, would you please share how to and/or share your (sanitized/ anonymized) config.plist?

[EDIT] even in latest Clover 5151 it's only possible to scale the res down to 1366x768, so I guess it's not possible with the pre-OS graphics modes these bootloaders use...

Last edited:
Back