Contribute
Register

[Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops

Hi
I've been following ReHabMan's guides for a new build and haven't been able to get sleep/wake working properly -- the computer will sleep when the option is selected from the Apple menu, but can only be woken using the power button, not from the laptop's keyboard or trackpad. Sleep does not initiate from closing the laptop lid, either. Please see attached error reporting files. Any advice or assistance would be appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• debug_22627.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 83
Hello everyone!
Here I am on this guide. To read the first lines, I should have followed well before.

I can not solve the waking of my laptop. Yet I followed the guide (well, I think).

The breakdown is not really straightforward, at times I can let the laptop go to sleep and wake up several hours later, and sometimes it does not wake up, the screen does not turn on anymore. I tried to understand why, and that's where the bottom hurts, I can not find any.

Charger plugged in or unplugged, phone plugged into USB to share my connection (which at times prevents it from waking up).

This is where I am, and I admit that I am a little lost.
If anyone on this forum could help me understand my mistake.

I join "debug_28093" and "iOreg"

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read me.

Attachments

• debug_28093.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 95
  • MacBook_Pro.zip
    767.5 KB · Views: 92
So far using any method to implement CPU power management (SSDT or plugin-type) on my haswell laptop results in a high base frequency for my iGPU running at 0.55 instead of 0.20.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 9.13.21 am.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 9.13.21 am.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 118
Hi
I've been following ReHabMan's guides for a new build and haven't been able to get sleep/wake working properly -- the computer will sleep when the option is selected from the Apple menu, but can only be woken using the power button, not from the laptop's keyboard or trackpad. Sleep does not initiate from closing the laptop lid, either. Please see attached error reporting files. Any advice or assistance would be appreciated. Thank you!

Lid triggered sleep requires internal panel backlight control.
Refer:

When you patch _PRW, it disables wake on USB.
And as far as wake on internal trackpad/keyboard, check in Windows to be certain that is even an implemented feature.

Hello everyone!
Here I am on this guide. To read the first lines, I should have followed well before.

I can not solve the waking of my laptop. Yet I followed the guide (well, I think).

The breakdown is not really straightforward, at times I can let the laptop go to sleep and wake up several hours later, and sometimes it does not wake up, the screen does not turn on anymore. I tried to understand why, and that's where the bottom hurts, I can not find any.

Charger plugged in or unplugged, phone plugged into USB to share my connection (which at times prevents it from waking up).

This is where I am, and I admit that I am a little lost.
If anyone on this forum could help me understand my mistake.

I join "debug_28093" and "iOreg"

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read me.

Your USB configuration is not correct.
Refer to USB guides linked from the FAQ:

So for Ivy Bridge CPU, do we still need to set
config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true besides ssdtPRGen.sh script by Pike R. Alpha?

On Ivy, PluginType=true (and KernelXCPM=true) can be used instead of ssdtPRgen.sh generated SSDT.

battery life still bad, my CPU idling at 2.4w, I saw other people with the same CPU can idle at 1.8w. and I don't see DRAM on Intel Power Gadget
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

here

Attachments

• debug_5858.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 215
battery life still bad, my CPU idling at 2.4w, I saw other people with the same CPU can idle at 1.8w. and I don't see DRAM on Intel Power Gadget

Check to see if something is using CPU resources with Activity Monitor.
Perhaps you have VoodooI2C in polling mode instead of interrupt mode.

Further discussion here is off-topic (your problem is not with CPU PM, but rather something using CPU resources).

Back