Contribute
Register

[Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops

Both clover and clovers theme manager mention NVRAM. The only way I was able to have my theme change take effect was to save it in the NVRAM section of clover configurator since, apparently, "Any NVRAM entry will take precedence over config.plist".

The "embedded" theme was set in the NVRAM section of clover configurator and no matter what theme I saved in the config.plist, "embedded" would always load from the "NVRAM"...

As you should expect.
Clear NVRAM so you can set theme in config.plist.

I think you are confusing Clover with Clover Configurator or Clover Theme Manager.
Those tools are not Clover.
Clover is just the bootloader.
I recommend avoid using Clover Theme Manager and Clover Configurator.

Still no problem reporting files attached.

As you should expect.
Clear NVRAM so you can set theme in config.plist.

I think you are confusing Clover with Clover Configurator or Clover Theme Manager.
Those tools are not Clover.
Clover is just the bootloader.
I recommend avoid using Clover Theme Manager and Clover Configurator.

Still no problem reporting files attached.

I do know the difference I was just using them as visual examples to what I was trying to say about the NVRAM/theme thing...

Anywho, these are my current reporting files, freshly created just now.

Again, thanks for dealing with people such as myself who are trying to learn fairly complicated things in very short periods of time.

Yes, of course.
It is easy: As per post #1, just add SSDT-PluginType1.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
yes thanks I did it all ready just asked cause I know for a fact that the 2017 MacBook Pro is with i7700HQ and I taught is natively supported..

I do know the difference I was just using them as visual examples to what I was trying to say about the NVRAM/theme thing...

Anywho, these are my current reporting files, freshly created just now.

Again, thanks for dealing with people such as myself who are trying to learn fairly complicated things in very short periods of time.

Your mistake is using _DSM->XDSM patch in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches with static patch.
This will rename not only OEM _DSM methods, but also _DSM methods you add with patches such as "Haswell LPC".
And that's why your "compatible" property is not being injected... it is in an XDSM method instead of _DSM.

yes thanks I did it all ready just asked cause I know for a fact that the 2017 MacBook Pro is with i7700HQ and I taught is natively supported..

Real Macs inject plugin-type=1 in native firmware/ACPI.
Hacks need extra help.

Your mistake is using _DSM->XDSM patch in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches with static patch.
This will rename not only OEM _DSM methods, but also _DSM methods you add with patches such as "Haswell LPC".
And that's why your "compatible" property is not being injected... it is in an XDSM method instead of _DSM.

I can't boot if i disable that patch. I get the following error
Code:
IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3,  hs 0, bs 0, now, 0 sm 0x8

@RehabMan thanks for the guide. So I place ssdtPRGen.sh in my Home directory and ran if following your instructions. Below is what I got back in the Terminal. Seemed fine to me but couldn't find the generated SSDT.aml anywhere on my machine. Any ideas?

Code:
ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9  Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl
             v6.6  Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen
             v21.5 Copyright (c) 2013-2017 by Pike R. Alpha
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <
./ssdtPRGen.sh: line 3877: /Users/*name*/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data/Versions.cfg: No such file or directory

System information: Mac OS X 10.12.6 (16G29)
Brandstring: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz"

Notice: Downloading extractACPITables.zip ...
Notice: Downloading User Defined.cfg ...
Notice: Downloading Sandy Bridge.cfg ...
Notice: Downloading Ivy Bridge.cfg ...
Notice: Downloading Haswell.cfg ...
Notice: Downloading Broadwell.cfg ...
Notice: Downloading Skylake.cfg ...
Notice: Downloading Kaby Lake.cfg ...
Version: models.cfg v171 / Kaby Lake.cfg v196

Scope (_PR_) {222 bytes} with ACPI Processor declarations found in DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)
Notice: Downloading Restrictions.cfg ...
Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'iMac18,3' with board-id [Mac-BE088AF8C5EB4FA2]
Kaby Lake Core i7-7700K processor [0x906E9] setup [0x0705]
With a maximum TDP of 95 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 8 (Core Frequency: 4200 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 3 (4300-4500 MHz)
Number of P-States: 38 (800-4500 MHz)
Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6,C7,C8,C9,C10)
Injected C-States for CPU1 (C1,C2,C3,C6,C7)
Warning: Model identifier (iMac18,3) not found in..: /S*/L*/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist

Warning: 'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0705 instead of 0x0905)
     - Clover users should read https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/CPU#cpu_typeNotice: Downloading iasl.zip ...

Compiling: ssdt_pr.dsl
Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20140926-64 [Nov  6 2014]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation

ASL Input:     /Users/*name*/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.dsl - 367 lines, 11579 bytes, 73 keywords
AML Output:    /Users/*name*/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml - 2450 bytes, 28 named objects, 45 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations
Do you want to open ssdt.dsl (y/n)? n

@RehabMan

So I solved the above but into a permissions issue when I tried to run the AppleIntelInfo.kext

File owner/permissions are incorrect (must be root:wheel, nonwritable by group/other):

@RehabMan thanks for the guide. So I place ssdtPRGen.sh in my Home directory and ran if following your instructions. Below is what I got back in the Terminal. Seemed fine to me but couldn't find the generated SSDT.aml anywhere on my machine. Any ideas?

Code:
ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9  Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl
             v6.6  Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen
             v21.5 Copyright (c) 2013-2017 by Pike R. Alpha
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <
./ssdtPRGen.sh: line 3877: /Users/*name*/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data/Versions.cfg: No such file or directory

System information: Mac OS X 10.12.6 (16G29)
Brandstring: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz"

Notice: Downloading extractACPITables.zip ...
Notice: Downloading User Defined.cfg ...
Notice: Downloading Sandy Bridge.cfg ...
Notice: Downloading Ivy Bridge.cfg ...
Notice: Downloading Haswell.cfg ...
Notice: Downloading Broadwell.cfg ...
Notice: Downloading Skylake.cfg ...
Notice: Downloading Kaby Lake.cfg ...
Version: models.cfg v171 / Kaby Lake.cfg v196

Scope (_PR_) {222 bytes} with ACPI Processor declarations found in DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)
Notice: Downloading Restrictions.cfg ...
Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'iMac18,3' with board-id [Mac-BE088AF8C5EB4FA2]
Kaby Lake Core i7-7700K processor [0x906E9] setup [0x0705]
With a maximum TDP of 95 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 8 (Core Frequency: 4200 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 3 (4300-4500 MHz)
Number of P-States: 38 (800-4500 MHz)
Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6,C7,C8,C9,C10)
Injected C-States for CPU1 (C1,C2,C3,C6,C7)
Warning: Model identifier (iMac18,3) not found in..: /S*/L*/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist

Warning: 'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0705 instead of 0x0905)
     - Clover users should read https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/CPU#cpu_typeNotice: Downloading iasl.zip ...

Compiling: ssdt_pr.dsl
Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20140926-64 [Nov  6 2014]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation

ASL Input:     /Users/*name*/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.dsl - 367 lines, 11579 bytes, 73 keywords
AML Output:    /Users/*name*/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml - 2450 bytes, 28 named objects, 45 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations
Do you want to open ssdt.dsl (y/n)? n

Strange user name you decided to use there... (*name* ??)
Read post #1. It describes where you find SSDT.aml that is output from ssdtPRGen.sh (I don't know why it doesn't output into the current directory, as that would have been my choice).
Note: If this is for the system in your profile, you don't even need ssdtPRgen.sh... all you need is SSDT-PluginType1.aml.

@RehabMan

So I solved the above but into a permissions issue when I tried to run the AppleIntelInfo.kext

File owner/permissions are incorrect (must be root:wheel, nonwritable by group/other):

You must insure you copy it to the /kexts directory (with sudo) as I describe in post #1.

Back