CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Im not sure where to look because i haven't seen anyone else with this problem, my CPU even at idle is locked at its max frequency and only occasionally dips down(lowest ive seen it go was 1.7 and only once) i have P-states generated for everything down too 13(which should go further but ill deal with that later) but none of them are being used.

Should i reinstall? i know that i've ****ed up a lot of things since beginning the process, maybe i should start over from scratch(more or less)?
Maybe you installed some software that is demanding cycles from the CPU (in the background).

If in doubt, do a fresh install. Don't install extra software until your system is stable.

Motherboard
Gigabyte-H81M-HD2
CPU
i3 4150
Graphics
HD 4400
Mobile Phone
iOS
IGPU PM is shown as working in ioreg. The behavior may be different with iMac14,2 vs. a laptop SMBIOS. You should use an appropriate SMBIOS for your laptop.
Hi Rehabman

Terribly sorry if I have misled you. Mine is a desktop as you can tell from my profile. So if it's off-topic which forum should I go to to seek help. Any advice?

BTW here's my config.plist & patchmatic attached as well.

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Rehabman

Terribly sorry if I have misled you. Mine is a desktop as you can tell from my profile. So if it's off-topic which forum should I go to to seek help. Any advice?

BTW here's my config.plist & patchmatic attached as well.
This guide/forum is for laptops (as per forum/thread title). Desktop questions are off-topic.

You should post your question in the appropriate desktop forum.

Motherboard
Spectre x360 13-ac023dx
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
intel HD Graphics 620, 1920x1080
Maybe you installed some software that is demanding cycles from the CPU (in the background).

If in doubt, do a fresh install. Don't install extra software until your system is stable.

no dice...

My CPU still barely drops below 2ghz...

I've even messed around with Frequency vector editing but it doesn't seem to help, i modified the CPUfloor from 1.3 to .5ghz but all it does is add the number 10 below 13 in my P states and the freq never drops that low in IPG.

I'm thinking that i may need to get in touch with piker about this in the issues tab of the ssdtPRgen repo

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
no dice...

My CPU still barely drops below 2ghz...

I've even messed around with Frequency vector editing but it doesn't seem to help, i modified the CPUfloor from 1.3 to .5ghz but all it does is add the number 10 below 13 in my P states and the freq never drops that low in IPG.

I'm thinking that i may need to get in touch with piker about this in the issues tab of the ssdtPRgen repo
Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Motherboard
Dell Vostro 3350 - Clover Legacy)
CPU
i5-2410M
Graphics
HD 3000 (1366x768)
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Assuming your EFI partition is mounted at /Volumes/EFI, copy that file to EFI partition, /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml
Code:
cd ~cp ~/Library/ssdtPRgen/ssdt.aml /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml
i wanted to mount refi partition but there is no refi partitionthis is my partition table
Code:
diskutil list/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *500.1 GB   disk0   1:               Windows_NTFS System Reserved         104.9 MB   disk0s1   2:               Windows_NTFS Windows                 172.0 GB   disk0s2   3:                  Apple_HFS OS X                    140.5 GB   disk0s3   4:               Windows_NTFS Data                    187.5 GB   disk0s4[/QUOTE]what to do now?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
i wanted to mount refi partition but there is no refi partition
this is my partition table

diskutil list

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk0
1: Windows_NTFS System Reserved 104.9 MB disk0s1
2: Windows_NTFS Windows 172.0 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_HFS OS X 140.5 GB disk0s3
4: Windows_NTFS Data 187.5 GB disk0s4

what to do now?
Start over.

Follow the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

The OS X installer does not support installing to MBR HDD.

Motherboard
Dell Vostro 3350 - Clover Legacy)
CPU
i5-2410M
Graphics
HD 3000 (1366x768)
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
you are right. normally it needs GUID.
but i have installed on MBR with replacing 2 files in my USB, following an instruction in insanelymac forum.

i just have an efi directory in my OS X drive in hdd.

can i use it instead of efi partition?

if there is no solution then i think i have to re partition my HDD as GUID :banghead: